The online racing simulator
Rock sound
(20 posts, started )
#1 - Hahmo
Rock sound
Dont really know what to call this but..

Alright, so. I think that most of you know that in the real cars you hear the rocks under the car and it makes teh nice noice, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... VLajE&feature=related , like there for example.
Is it possible to make these sounds to lfs yourself? Or is this made already?

If not I would like to know a bit how to edit the existing files or making new one adding this little nice improvement
Try these.
<lfs_dir>/data/sound/

They only play when slipping on loose surfaces (grass/gravel/sand).
#3 - Hahmo
That already sounds great, but still want the little sound even on the asphalt.

Like, in the curbs it would be nice to hear that kind of sound, in WE for example, its a bit sandy road imo
Its actually possible to do. Infact, ive made myself those sounds. Sounds epic, but im not sharin them.

Using default files, i now have a sound effect when tire deforms, very realistlic grass&dirt sounds, skid sounds, all new horn sounds, wind humming and all car sounds. Balanced and no clipping. XRT sounds like it has a V6 on it.
#5 - Hahmo
awww cmon man, just PM me the files, i really want them

plleeasseee...
If i will ever make them public, they will be on lfsdatabase.
#7 - Hahmo
its not so hard to do, but i found this noise rather annoying when traveling >200km/h
#9 - Hahmo
Hard for me atleast ^^
I don't think it's that annoying, gives you a bit more realistic feeling of high speed driving
Test
No rock sound.. only the skid sound which I actually already have :P
Quote from Hahmo :No rock sound.. only the skid sound which I actually already have :P

I am sorry but You need to explain.
In package above there are slightly tweaked skid sand and skid dirt sounds, and new "road covered in small debris"noise
Yeah there were skid sounds for dirt, though very quiet so I use the ones morpha gave me.
The sound of tires I already had.
Im looking for the rock noise, the one you had there wasn't that great
or actually
didn't hear anything.
strange, can U send me samples U R already using in a single pack? i want to hear them

As for "rock noise" u mean noise that is made when skidding/ driving sideways or just driving straight at constant speed? because i dont understand why u cant hear roadnoise when onroad..

Maybe try turning down engine noise/exhaust volume, because if its too high and clipping, u wont hear anything more...
Mostly when just going straight, mostly in the corners / on the curbs.
Im using your skid road sounds, morpha's dirt sounds.
they're in the 2nd post
Only thing that is left for me, is just to make my sounsamples louder
I got Hazaky's sounds, they are awesome.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Can we get them in early 2009?

I was not exactly planning to release them, but ... well see.
Quote from brandons48 :Can we get them in early 2009?

Sadly for you all, he gave them to me in the trust that I would not give them away.

And I'm not going to waste my trust at Hazaky, sorry.

Rock sound
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG