The online racing simulator
Looking For Complete PHP Insim
(19 posts, started )
Hey Fellow Coders,

I see that Dygear has indeed developed a PHPInsim but from what i can see doesnt allow the sending of packets e.t.c. i know that krammeh is in fact running LTC from php so i know this is possible any chance anyone has developed something they are willing to share?

Thanks, Aaron
Oh, sure. Contact me on 12-22-12.
Quote from z-ro 8 :Optimism is keen!

No, I'm hoping that the day before that will take all my assignments away.

Now, that's optimistic, huh?

Of course, I dont believe in these shit, I only like to joke with it, as you can see. ;p
Morpha has a version that I've mutilated over the past 6 months. If he still has the code, I think he would be willing to share. I've edited it past the point where it is useful any more tho.
I'd rather not. It's outdated, inefficient, hacky and needlessly complicated. I suggest starting from scratch, ideally targeting 5.3.
Quote from morpha :I'd rather not. It's outdated, inefficient, hacky and needlessly complicated. I suggest starting from scratch, ideally targeting 5.3.

It's not really that outdated, it's not terribly inefficient, and all code is hacky as that's the nature of the beast. Suck it up morpha!
It's totally up to you guys I just wanted to get an idea of programming for lfs with php with insim in particular as I was planning to do a complete recode in php of the V2 essentials cruise insim.

Regards Aaron

-----------------------------------
Posted from Apple iPhone 3Gs
(first i need to say , that i dont like php so dont pay to much attention to this post)

When you want to start from scratch, why do you want to go with php, some other coding language has got far better library's allready. its only that you need to learn this code-language

/off-topic
tho i have been thinking about learning a proper code for my self, i only dont really know where to start... i guess i just need to do a programming course next year on uni
/on-topic

I know that php is pritty flexible, but i guess that C++ or C-Sharp is even more flexible, going in to a big project i would like to ask you to have a very good think about it. and when you really what to invent/ discover a steering wheel again i would go with php

Na im only say thing ,because i will be a shame that 1 year in the project that you are hoping that you got with some other language.

(Maybe a good questions too ask on dygear, have you seen any limitation in the php coding yet, and are you up for sharing it)
i've been programming with C# and C++ for a few years now, Ideally i wouldnt mind coding a project in PHP or Even Visual Basic would be pretty cool. I've been using and programming PHP from the age of 13 and i'm 20 now so i feel i could utilize the features of this Language alot more than other languages, I see it as a challenge which i like also not seen many Insim Addons that run from php, If i can get to a decent level with Essentials Cruise Insim in PHP i may even Release an Open Source System For creating your Own
lol he lives xD
good luck hopefully you dont let your project die like last time...
Well I've switched over from PHP to Python (Alex 'DarkTimes' McBride's pyinsim) some time ago. The PHP InSim app is still running, but only because I hacked it to the point where even I myself can't really decipher how the complex scoring system works, hence am unable to port it without considerable effort, which I'm not willing to invest into anything LFS related at this time.
Release without any of the plugins, and say your not going to support it. Simple.
Pending morpha's approval, I'll release my fork of his code. It will supersede PHPInSim 0.3.5.
@Dygear

i found a piece of code on Sourceforge i think it was called PHPLFS or something along them lines i will double check when im home, but from what i could see in that code will do what i want "i think", but i would still be very interested in seeing the code that yourself and morpha have put together

*Puts Hands Together and Prays to God For Morpha's Approval*

---------------
Posted On Apple Iphone 3Gs
PHPLFS by ripnet is very good PHP InSim for beginner. If you know PHP you can make new SocketIn and SocketOut class and rewrite main loop. I'm using it. It's very very good, fast and stable. It was working for 39 days and nothing wrong happened.
PHPLFS is good InSim to start. Again: rewrite Sockets classes and main loop then use it and be happy.
Quote from Dygear :Pending morpha's approval, I'll release my fork of his code. It will supersede PHPInSim 0.3.5.

I'm okay with it, but my recommendation stands; a complete rewrite.
Quote from morpha :I'm okay with it, but my recommendation stands; a complete rewrite.

Ok, I'll release the version that works, it only has a name change from what you gave me tho.

I'll rewrite it has I go, with some community direction.

So, here it is, InSim Mod.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG