The online racing simulator
So I just got a new Sony Vaio.
(8 posts, started )
Alright geezers, bought a new Sony Vaio VPCEC1M1E/WI a few days ago, just got round to installing LFS onto it, and I seem to have a problem, I drive using keyboard stabilised(in before use mouse).

Anyway, on my old laptop, I had slow steer set up to D and quick steer set up with S, I've done the same thing with my new Vaio, however, it will slow steer left, but not right.

I know it has something to do with the maximum amount of keypresses at any one time. I think I can press 3 before the 4th does nothing.

However, i'd be accelerating, which is one key, holding D, which is two keys, then I can turn left, 3 keys, but can't turn right, also 3 keys... It does the same thing when I'm trying to change gear too, I have auto clutch turned off. so can't change gear whilst steering without releasing the accelerator a while before putting the clutch in...

Is this a common thing with sonys? As my old Fujitsu Siemens could press a lot more buttons at once than this one... It's not a HUGE problem, as it's taught me to drive smoother this way because I can't change gear steer and brake into a turn like I used to. Which is a good thing I suppose.
i had the same problem on a regular keyboard. you're not alone
so i bought a G15 for my desktop (:
azasmith14 ... well, why didnt u think about it before? There is no laptop on earth that is meant for gaming. I mean kind of officially. When buyng a laptop, u should be more than "aware" of what ur gonna get. So well, the question u asked ...
Quote :Is this a common thing with sonys? As my old Fujitsu Siemens could press a lot more buttons at once than this one...

... Does not make any sense. Buy a external USB keyboard or else, deal with it.

Im not being mean, but well ... yeah.
I had this problem on my Vaio FZ11Z when I was using manual clutch with keyboard.

You can't press any more than 4 buttons at a time on my laptop
Quote from hazaky :I mean kind of officially. When buyng a laptop, u should be more than "aware" of what ur gonna get.

I don't know how many laptop specs you've looked at in your lifetime, but they don't have a section with "how many keypresses you can press at a time".

How is buying a USB keyboard going to help with a laptop, where do you propose I put it? On my head?

And telling me to "deal with it" isn't really helpful to anyone. My old Fujitsu could press at least 5.

Ah well. Shame really. Was quite liking the idea of having 90fps on everything wacked up to max settings...
Quote from azasmith14 :
How is buying a USB keyboard going to help with a laptop, where do you propose I put it? On my head?

In case you live in really squeezed environment, might I suggest putting the USB key on the laptop itself? I mean over the built-in keyboard.

If your old lappie could pick up 5 keys then I'd call it an exception. Keyboard is a rather primitive piece of hardware and it was never actually meant to be used for anything else but typing (where you hardly need more than two keys pressed at once). 3 keys pressed simultaneously (excluding modifiers) are sort of standard. Modifiers keys (Ctrl, alt, shift,..) do not count, so you might try binding some functions to these keys and see if it helps.
Nah, the keys stick out from the base of the laptop, so putting anything on top would just press them all down, and scratch the base no doubt. Can't be bothered buying a keyboard just to play LFS either...

Meh, cheers anyway.
Why not check in the bios?

Also keyboard sucks, mouse is percise.

Sony sucks.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG