The online racing simulator
Low fps
(17 posts, started )
Low fps
As the title says. I'm suddenly getting 20fps instead of 100fps. GPU driver update didn't help. There are no processes on background that could take any FPS away.
I tried installing another copy of LFS and same FPS in that.

I had same problem yesterday but I just alt tabbed to windows and went back and the problem was gone.
#2 - garph
CPU (what do you have?) throttling down for some reason? Only thought that cause the alt-tab sorted it.

Might be worth disabling that feature in the bios and seeing what happens, all guess work though
amd athlon dual core 4800+ oc'd to 3,1ghz. I noticed just now it was running quite hot as my room is like 40'c due to the weather outside.. i'll let it cool down and see if it helps

E: doesn't help..
What's the CPU temp like when you're playing?
Quote from MadCatX :What's the CPU temp like when you're playing?

50c.. Hasn't been a problem before
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :50c.. Hasn't been a problem before

It isn't too high... Something else must be the problem... Is the GPU overheating?
Quote from matijapkc :It isn't too high... Something else must be the problem... Is the GPU overheating?

Nah. I don't think the heats are the problem. My computer is cool now and still doesn't work. Menu fps 35
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Nah. I don't think the heats are the problem. My computer is cool now and still doesn't work. Menu fps 35

My menu FPS is at 39...
You need to try it in-game... Menu isn't important.
Read my first post, don't try to act smart.

E: Hah, as a side note, rfactor runs 2x better now. what the f..
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Read my first post, don't try to act smart.

Well I did... But you're the one who needs help, and one who's insulting here.
If you don't want help, then bye, play on 20 FPS.
Quote from matijapkc :Well I did... But you're the one who needs help, and one who's insulting here.
If you don't want help, then bye, play on 20 FPS.

You are stating so obvious things here, don't really need help from you since you can't help. No insulting done. I don't need useless bullshit right now.
Come on, we all know that matija tends to comment on pretty much anything

Back on topic, you can try following. Start->Run->msconfig. Select "Diagnostic boot" on the first tab and reboot. This should start windows with the essential services and background processes only, so if LFS works here, you can start eliminating one by one all the background processes you usually run to find out which one causes the problem.
Quote from MadCatX :Back on topic, you can try following. Start->Run->msconfig. Select "Diagnostic boot" on the first tab and reboot. This should start windows with the essential services and background processes only, so if LFS works here, you can start eliminating one by one all the background processes you usually run to find out which one causes the problem.

I'll try that, thanks
Weird.. FPS is normal now, didn't do shit. Not even a computer boot
Could it be that you have a antivirus scan or autoupdate scheduled at the time you observed this FPS drop?
Quote from MadCatX :Could it be that you have a antivirus scan or autoupdate scheduled at the time you observed this FPS drop?

Checked that too.. nope :S Java was prompting to be updated though. Dunno if it could have been that because it wasn't installing the updates. Weird..
Not sure if this will help but, if you are running Vista, you might try turning off windows search. Personally I cant remember the last time I used Windows search and with it off you should see better frame rates as it needlessly sucks up some of your processor power.

Low fps
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG