The online racing simulator
Dedi hosting problems.
(16 posts, started )
Dedi hosting problems.
Again with these problems. After getting a new router I can't seem to get it set right.

Router is D-Link DIR-615

I think I have port forwarded right etc, but when connecting the server it stops in loading track..

Settings:

Port Forwarding:

"Application rules":

& No PC firewall on.

Anyone?
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
PF Port checker shows that 29339 UDP isn't open. Should it be?

E: Uh.. now all ports seems to be open but still no luck.
please tell us the value of /port in your server config.

what is port 29339 and what relavance does it have to your lfs server, if it's running on 63392?
Quote from bunder9999 :please tell us the value of /port in your server config.

what is port 29339 and what relavance does it have to your lfs server, if it's running on 63392?

29339 should be the firewall. 29339 and 63392 must both be open. In config there's 63392
#5 - vane
I'm almost certain it is a bug in LFS as I have forwarded the hell outta them mofos (ports)

One more point, it does not say that the password is incorrect when doing it over the internet, whereas over the Lan it will.

EDIT: oh and on the port checker, if you do the TCP one, if you check it, it will say something, if you do it again, it will do the opposite, very strange
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :29339 should be the firewall. 29339 and 63392 must both be open. In config there's 63392

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense to me. Forward 63392 (both TCP and UDP) to the LFS server's IP and close up 29339.
29339 is the masterserver and does NOT have to be open for incoming traffic.
LFS Website:

"Live for Speed S2 hosts use TCP and UDP port 63392 by default, but when starting a host, you can enter any port (but be advised that some people only have the default ports open with their outbound blocking firewall). Some people have problems with high port numbers. They should try lower numbers, as some ISP's are blocking high ranges.
If your firewall or router also blocks outgoing packets, you should open port 29339 as well, which is used for host<->master communication."

As I said, the needed ports are open (!!!!!63392 TCP&UDP!!!!!) so it's not about the ports. Some kind of bug must be. Disabling the 29339 does not help.
I run four servers at the moment and I also see established connections between my server and 213.40.20.2:29339 (LFS server)

34738, 34741, 34743, 34745 ...

Try to open port 34738?

Not sure why this is completely undocumented but its there. Definitely not custom configed by me.
Even that didn't help
#11 - vane
I do remember there was another random port i had to open and it miraculously work, may have been another program though

Didn't help me either
Quote from cargame.nl :Not sure why this is completely undocumented but its there. Definitely not custom configed by me.

It's not documented because thats how TCP and UDP work and is not something that needs to be configured.

When there is a connection between a client and a server the client selects a random unused port on the local machine. Without doing so communication would not be achieved.

As for the 29339 port, very old routers (some netgear and linksys) had a bug where by you had to port forward to avoid the packets being randomly binned. This was over 6 years ago and is no longer relevant.

As for your problem Tomba, if the ports are correctly forwarded and your local firewall (don't forget that by default Windows has firewalls enabled in Vista and 7. Various linux desktop distros also have firewalls enabled by default also) is not preventing the communication, it should all be working fine. We have a Dlink DIR-615 on my housemate's broadband and I can verify that port forwarding does work fine with it (although generally speaking it is quite possibly the worse home gateway device I've ever had the misfortune to use).

If you're 100% sure that you have not made a cock up (i.e. its forwarded to the correct local IP) and all firewalls have the relevant holes poked in them, I'd consider talking to your provider, and try it locally to ensure that something odd hasn't mangled the server and its files.
Everything is set up right, to right local ip etc. Everything was working fine before the new router or the patch.. dunno which one is the trouble I doubt that provider has anything to do with this. I wonder why it stops at loading track? If ports wasn't forwarded right it would not even go there
#14 - vane
I can confirm it is on 0.5z patch aswell
#15 - vane
I am now 100% certain it is a bug of some sort

EDIT: ok, this is bloomin confusing :s it is doing it on version y, i'll try x

Only thing i can think of now is the master server :S

2ND EDIT: This is very strange :s now it is not working on X

Just had someone join my X server successfully, then get timed out...

3RD EDIT: Ok, I think I know what it is, basically, if you are connecting through the same external ip address you need to go through the LAN setting, it never used to be like this though.
Bump.
Almost got it working but then it stopped connecting at welcome message.

It's not the ports.

http://www.canyouseeme.org/
Success: I can see your service on 80.222.122.36 on port (63392)
Your ISP is not blocking port 63392

This is frustrating..

Dedi hosting problems.
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG