The online racing simulator
Quote from lalathegreat :I mean have any of u seen a crashtest? those things are brutal and there only going like 30mph

yes well.. crashtests; the way you have to look at them is the more damage is usually the best, in crashtesting (sorry for going OT guys) you want the car to absorb as much energy as possible so cars usually are destroyed but.. person inside is barely harmed

whereas since we have the technology and resources to make cars rock hard, the person driving or in the car would be flung and easily shattered

as for LFS, i still dont think that our actual damage (not visual damage) is nothing compared to what it should be, i think actual damage is about 2x worse at the lower speeds compared to LFS
really the damage modelling is well done, graphically it shows you buggered up and the suspension and tyres do take a wallop.
so bumpers and doors don't come off at this time, the damage model in good games likie GPL and GTL and other don't do as well.
lights break, and bumpers fall, but the severity is never addressed as in LFS, a car gets proper rooted in a big shunt, and other games you suddenly stop working...?
LFS is ground breaking in its approach, if we had GTL cars and LFS physics and damging (along with some parts falling off as GTL) i think this migth be worse than heroin. I wold play LFS on a good server until i die of starvation, or i run out of money to pay electric bills.
LFS is really that good- people complain but the idea is NOT to wreck, or crash, race clean and every car should cross the finish line ok, if there is bumper deformation or wheels askew due to Offs or impacts, well that'll show, but remember damage is a bonus, to how it behaves which it does well in spades, but why worry about something you shouldn't do.?
illepall
Theres a game that had LFS' style of damage modelling ages ago...anyone remember Viper Racing?

Personally i love this damage model, I would obviously want the S3 version to be much better but the way it is now provides us with a little bit of entertainment when someone hits a autocross barrier.
Viper Racing, ah what a classic! Who could forget the 'bounce' cheat.. lol, good damage engine too I still have it to date, although not installed.
I remember Viper Racing.. I'd spend hours on end turning my car into a ball the size of my tires. Ah I loved that game!
i like the current damage model too, i took the FXO out for a spin the other day and i lost it in the chicane and it made the car so funny to look at! still get surprised by the damage and how random it can be, and i still LOLLERBUBBLE all the way down the straights after a flip.
i think some (like racedoctor - demo racer) dont get it - a sim is not about 100% real. It is in aproach of simulating things with forces applied. In fact some things Devs started up from tyre/surface contact, now we have suspension, I wait till S3 for not ridgid body which will reduce some ridiculous bounces.

btw. Android - I love your rally track, Im looking for getting under 5 min and I am blown away, aliens

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG