The online racing simulator
whats with all the populated lfs servers being password protected
all the populated s2 servers have been password protected. the only non password protected ones that are populated have been demo servers lately and i dont feel like racing with a bunch of demo idiots. whats with this? i think its BS that i pay for an s2 and the populated s2 servers have passwords.
#2 - pik_d
League servers? Can you give some examples?
if you notice, there's only 137 licensed users online.

the rest are waiting for an update.
Quote from z-ro 8 :if you notice, there's only 137 licensed users online.

Your coment have no sense at all
Quote from Inouva :Your coment have no sense at all

His comment makes a lot of sense.

Public racing in LFS is almost dead since everyone is waiting for the update.
last night a peak of 1400 racers was reached, thats 700(!) less than the max of 2163 (which was reached when the 32 server slot patch was introduced iirc)
Quote from ACCAkut :last night a peak of 1400 racers was reached, thats 700(!) less than the max of 2163 (which was reached when the 32 server slot patch was introduced iirc)

…but "last night" to you is a different time of day than to DAGOOBER...

And @inuova, how did that not make sense? They gotta be somewhere…:-)
Passworded servers are used for league racing 95% of the time. If you want to race there, just sign-up for the league. Complaining about the way it works is useless and doesn't make much sence, the people involved in that stuff are generally really bored with public servers and wouldn't go back to public racing if the whole league racing community would die for some reason.

I gotta agree on the fact that public racing is quite on a bad shape atm, so somehow I can understand your anger. This is a large debate anyway, and arguing about it won't be very productive. I must also say that you're not a lucky dude as you live in Canada, which means that most of the servers are half-empty in the evenings, the situation is a bit different around 16:00-22:00 UTC.
Public racing isnt fun anyway, lots of noobs crashing you out etc, doesnt make fun imo.

So try and get a league
#11 - 5haz
Quote from zeugnimod :His comment makes a lot of sense.

And also because its near impossible to get on a public server without being wiped out in every race.
The only thing keeping LFS alive is probably league racing, You get a few publics here and there.. *CRUISERS DONT COUNT*

i only know 3 popular servers.. Fox junkies, AMG GTR Motorsport AS3 server and IHR Server.
League racing has become the new "clean" public racing at the moment imo.

Quite alot of leagues are running atm that people just turn up and race, with little or no practise, just to get a clean race. This doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing.

Also, since the really big teams have basically given up for the time being, this has opened the door to a lot of teams that wouldn't normally get into certain leagues a chance to race. Again, I would look at it like a opportunity for some teams/racers, rather than a negative.

We have what we have, and if you enjoy LFS there is plenty out there, you just need to look a bit more for it
Quote from xtraction :
i only know 3 popular servers.. Fox junkies, AMG GTR Motorsport AS3 server and IHR Server.

Yea and last but not least also cargame.nl and cargame.nl OW now, which is also great with a full grid
Quote from Inouva :Your coment have no sense at all

The Irony is that YOUR comment is actually the only 1 that doesn't make sense ...

The post you were replying to however , makes perfect sense AND is factualy accurate
Quote from zeugnimod :His comment makes a lot of sense.

the silly little mare was just looking to start a bit of a flame. failed because it was nowhere near the cooker.
ATC don't really suffer fom these low times. we play rfactor, tigerwood 08, rs vegas 1&2, ofp, arma, arma2,GTR-E. the list goes on.
my point being that there's so much more out there to keep you happy until LFS has been updated.
Quote from xtraction :The only thing keeping LFS alive is probably league racing, You get a few publics here and there.. *CRUISERS DONT COUNT*

Unfortunately, IHR is dying slowly but surely. Haven't seen more than 15-20 people on it for a while now. Seems like cargame.nl S2 took over all the interrest. Not a real surprise, as the license system in itself is a lot simpler than IHR's, meaning that you can get the most powerful cars a lot easier. Unfortunately, the racing quality is the first thing to suffer from this.

I won't even mention cargame.nl GTR+OW as it's closer to DD rather than racing. But hey, this doesn't mean it's no fun!

So for me, the only proper servers left are AMG and FOX Junkies, but I barely go on AMG anymore as from my own experience GTR+public servers doesn't go well.
Time for a reaction...

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I won't even mention cargame.nl GTR+OW as it's closer to DD rather than racing. But hey, this doesn't mean it's no fun!

GTR+public servers doesn't go well.

GTR+OW most of the time is an underpopulated server. I can't believe it's that destruction derby. The times I drive or monitor the situation there everything happily goes along.

Yes it is not always good and sometimes I get reports from regulars that it must be closed for unexperienced drivers but it doesn't fit my philosophy.

Today I got some worrying reports from pro's with LFSEI 500+ doing very noobish stuff like crashing someone offtrack because he didn't go off the ideal line under blue flag while there is plenty of space to go around (Yes Inouva, you).

Or pro's who revenge wreck each other I've seen today too.

It's OR a pretty aggressive lockdown to become an elite server OR you have to deal with childish and noobish behavior and it's more populated.

And that has been said before in this thread.
Quote from cargame.nl :
GTR+OW most of the time is an underpopulated server. I can't believe it's that destruction derby. The times I drive or monitor the situation there everything happily goes along.

Hmm, seems like I was a bit rude with your server eh Nah, I was exagerating a lot when I was saying it was DD like TBH. But you can't deny the fact that most of the people going on it are generally not experienced enough for SS or GTR, so they tend to go off track quite often. That said, the general ambiance is rather good in general.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Hmm, seems like I was a bit rude with your server eh Nah, I was exagerating a lot when I was saying it was DD like TBH.

Hhmm feel free, as long as I know it isn't, it's OK

If I get reports that the situation is getting out of hand then it's time to take some action.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
not experienced enough for SS or GTR, so they tend to go off track quite often.

The more off track the better. They are getting penalized for it (safety rate drop). Sometimes it's just a matter of time before a newbie ends up in the S1 server.

I asked EQ Worry to fix the vote kick system because I agree it sometimes really gets out of hand. Some regulars need to be able to start a vote.

I however don't agree with the way the current vote system works. That's why it's switched off @IHR as well. Most of the time people don't know what they are voting for and just hit the 1 button. Thats not good.
All cargame servers are wreckfest, admins are never there
Quote from z-ro 8 :if you notice, there's only 137 licensed users online.

Make perfect sense to me!

Are you enjoying fatherhood?!
Quote from Bmxtwins :All cargame servers are wreckfest, admins are never there

well whenever I'm racing at least 2 admins/guys from the team are there. Guess its that you're in a different timezone, its deep in the night when you guys turn up.
Quote from AlienT. :...Are you enjoying fatherhood?!

of course. eating us out of house and home already......
Quote from z-ro 8 :of course. eating us out of house and home already......

Not to worry mate it will only get worse :something

Spoken from a poor chap with a 15 year old daughter with a severe attitude (like her mother) and a wee lad boy of 7.

I tell ya it's worse than trying to keep control of Gills!

whats with all the populated lfs servers being password protected
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG