The online racing simulator
Constructive criticism of RB4 skin, please.
Hi guys. Could one of you talented folks please tell me how I'm doing with this skin, and what improvements I should consider? Thanks.
Attached images
RB4_AJAvon17_preview1.png
RB4_AJAvon17_preview2.png
#2 - 5tag
I for one think it's pretty fine. It could be of higher resolution but that may be a matter of your computers performance.
The only real little hint I can give you is not to paint the very visible clearances for example between bonnet and the mud guards.
Quote from 5tag :I for one think it's pretty fine.

Thanks very much!

Quote :The only real little hint I can give you is not to paint the very visible clearances for example between bonnet and the mud guards.

Is this what you mean?
Attached images
RB4-beforeafter.jpg
It seems that it's technically quite alright. Different parts seem to be alligned correct and clean. Seeing the numberplate i guess you also know about the skin stretching. Im not sure about the Avon logo, tho. It's hard to say only with an angled screenshot. Make sure to rotate first before squeezing. But it looks correct too

The overall look is a matter of taste i guess. I find the the swing around the front arches a bit big. I imagine it would look better if you'd "come down" earlier, if you know what i mean. BTW an easy way to make a crisp outline is to use an inner :P The way it is now, the "peaks" are rounded.
#5 - 5tag
The idea is great, but I think you need to try some different approaches on the swirls as they don't really go with the cars shapes. As JazzOn said try some different things with the front.

Also use inner glow or outer glow instead of strokes. They have an anti aliasing feature the stroke doesn't have.

More resolution required D:
Quote from JazzOn :It seems that it's technically quite alright. Different parts seem to be alligned correct and clean. Seeing the numberplate i guess you also know about the skin stretching. Im not sure about the Avon logo, tho. It's hard to say only with an angled screenshot. Make sure to rotate first before squeezing. But it looks correct too

Yeah, I'm familiar with the stretching issue – in fact I used your stretching kit to get the proper dimensions, so thanks for that! Much easier than trying to work it out myself. And yes, I did rotate before squeezing.

Quote from daloonie :The idea is great, but I think you need to try some different approaches on the swirls as they don't really go with the cars shapes. As JazzOn said try some different things with the front.

Also use inner glow or outer glow instead of strokes. They have an anti aliasing feature the stroke doesn't have.

More resolution required D:

I assume inner/outer glow is a Photoshop technique? I guess I'll have to do some research and see how best to achieve a similar effect in Gimp as I am not familiar with any such function - maybe I can find a plugin.

As for the resolution, sorry 'bout that - I work on skins at 2048x2048 which should be fine, but I was only running the viewer at 1024x768 so the preview doesn't look as good as it could.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've put this skin on the back burner for the time being as I've been working on some others, but as soon as I get back to it I'll take your comments on board. In particular in regards to redrawing the shapes with more attention paid to the lines of the car, which is a consideration I had neglected.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG