The online racing simulator
Connection lost
(18 posts, started )
Connection lost
Well like the title says, I'm getting this "connection lost" message 1 to 3 seconds later after log on a server. This is happening since 6 months ago and I'm quite tired of this, I have a router, with fear it doesn't work, I've used my old modem (which worked before z versions).
I've downloaded lfs times and times, always make sure I have last version, I've disabled firewall, nothing works. I can see avaiable servers but can't connect. If I make a game, nobody can see but it goes online (in my screen). What can I do?

That's also the only game I can't play online...
If you need any aditional info please tell me I will add it here...
Still sounds like something blocks your connection.

Modem firewall?
What firewall are you using? Even when certain firewalls are disabled they still block things in the background (I've had similar problems with Comodo and ZoneAlarm)
hehe that was a fast answer
Modem has no firewall, I've tryed (with the router) to turn it off but it's the same, anyways with everything on (or of course off) I can play common games like Call of Duty, etc...

It's Panda firewall..
According to LFS forum you are online on your server...

But I can't find it on the list and a manual connection indeed times out.

Try to activate 'remote' option (InSim port) and activate it in LFSWorld.
sorry for the question, how can I do it?

You mean to ajust the options when I create a server to "Local, internet and invisible"?
start a server and give the command /insim=29999 (press t )

Then go to LFSWorld, click on 'racers and hosts online' and select the InSim relay tab.

Fill in your IP address and 29999 and the admin password (/admin=password)

Then it should go to status OK after a few seconds of reloading that page.

That way you need no racers to test, you can test it yourself. But I think something blocks your connection.

If you do
netstat -b -a

in a DOS box you would see on what ports LFS.exe is listening or has connections (alongside a bunch of other programs).

Problably some firewall or modem blocks these ports.
And if all else fails... Try port 443 when you start a server...

It's a special port (HTTP secure connections). It even don't get blocked by most business/work firewalls.
results of the test:
LFSWorld says my user is online at PT eagle (my server name)
Insym aplication can't find my server (connecting attempt ......)
netstat command says lfs has ip 0.0.0.0 on port 29999 (set like you explained before)

If I use the command /insim=443 it changes port but keeps acting same, if I try on the beggin it gives "TCP socket: bind failed" error... Curious my LFS is behaving like Windows, each corner another error...
Now that I think of it...

0.0.0.0 ?

Try to force the IP address to 127.0.0.1 or your internal modem IP address when you start a server.

As you can see LFS is assigned to 10.0.0.50 in my screenshot.

LFS might have trouble to assign an internal IP address?
thanks for your screenshots, I've tryed that IP, says there is no connection (a firewall I don't know that exist is blocking connection [I say this because they are both off, router firewall and Panda firewall]) about my ip says the "TCP Socket: Bind Failed" with any door I pick....
Door? You mean port?

Anyway IP binding fails... Thats exactly the problem yes.. I think. Because it's 0.0.0.0 when LFS wants to 'auto' it.

Now, I tried 127.0.0.1 ... LFS can't make a connection to the master server then but when I fill in my IP address which the machine got from my modem, everything is fine (10.0.0.50).

What happens when you fill in that internal IP address at the LFS host screen?

Your own internal address you can see with command ipconfig;

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zyyiw9.jpg
with ipconfig command I get the local ip my router set and only that which is 192.168.1.67. If I set that on lfs it starts but it's not online I think...
and yes if I mention door, forgive me I want to mean port
If you select Internet it must be online. Tested it myself.

You will see on this forum that you are online at your own server. Here, on the left above join date.

But is there a solution yet, still trying things?
Well one solution is using more my car, it's healthy for it to work (not so healthy to my wallet and even less to Earth), it will do 20 years this year and it never gave me a "Connection Error" or a "Error" message

Anyways, it shows here I'm online but the server doesn't appear ok on insym page it looks "dead"...
I'm tired of this :/
Quote from Eagle18 :it will do 20 years this year and it never gave me a "Connection Error" or a "Error" message

Well... No.. But you need a key to open the door and start the engine.

Somewhere a door (port) is closed and that's why you can't play

Try drivers.. -ANYTHING-
Well, there are some furtive ways of starting it, assuming it's not closed with the alarm which forbids the starter engine to work
And the error message, I'm saying he never left me on the way (about my father the conversation is different ^^ )
And about the port... I don't know, I've tryed the technical assistance of my ISP, they came to my home because of an issue and I've tryed some config on it. But like I said, it doesn't work with the modem, with the router, so I'm assuming it's not ISP fault, it worked before, they didn't change anything or any rules on internet access, without firewalls blocking I really don't know what to do here :/
Oh, and I also reached Panda assistance they explained when firewall is disabled, the truprevent technology (protects agains unknown attacks) might be locking a specific program if any info that bypass panda look suspicious (bla bla I don't know if it is that way but I belive it so lol)... But by adding a free pass to the LFS ( he can use any door for in and out ) that will be enough so Panda will not be the problem. They recomended to do the same on windows firewall: add an exception even if I don't use it... [I don't use it because they may conflict one with the other]. They were very nice, as well as you are being, trying to help solving this but... It looks like it don't want to be solved...

Connection lost
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG