The online racing simulator
IHR adds new cars
(36 posts, started )
IHR adds new cars
Hello LFS racers....

IHR has added new cars ..... We still offer the cleanest racing on LFS with many more cars... Join us for some great racing... We value everyones input,,, and appreciate all the help and loyalty of our regulars and VIP admins..... see ya there...

Also come check out our new Openwheel server.... Join some races and give us your feedback.....

Chuck / KILLFIX
Hi....

That sounds great... But you should know by now that you have too many cars on your server,,, and that the racing isn't fun like that.... 2 classes should be used at most,,, now 4-5.... See how annoying this is??? I find it very annoying myself.... I am actually having a hard time doing it....

And to type correctly, you don't offer the cleanest racing on LFS, as leagues normally cover that. If we are just talking about public racing then Dead Men Racing easily take the crown there.
agree with what phil said. having 4-5 classes is hardly racing, if you chose xrg then you would be lucky to be racing against 3 other ppl in the same car. the best fun is having the whole field using the one class. ie xfg/xrg
I think less is more in this case. There should be max. 2 similar classes in one server - GTR, STD, LRF, NGT etc. When there are slower classes mixed with the faster ones, it often causes problems.
I'd like to add to what Killfix has said in his OP.

We have done more than just add cars. We have also changed cars available for different tracks. For example the track it is currently on, at time of writing, is SO2 and only UF1, STD, LX4 and TBO are available. Basically we have removed the fastest cars for short tracks and the slowest cars for long tracks.

Now to address the comments made.

We have added more cars to give our users more choice. It does not mean that all classes will be used at all times. People do tend to choose cars that others are currently racing. At time of writing there are currently 6 people racing but only LX4's and XFG's on track. Just because there are many classes available does not mean that all classes will be in use.

If you want a lower choice of cars for racers then maybe our server is not for you. It doesn't mean that everyone will think like that though. We have listened to a lot of our regulars who have asked us to add the lx4 and lrf class.

Regarding Killfix's comment about best racing in lfs. What's wrong with a bit of PR? All political parties will say they are the best but only one can be the best for you. Agree? Also Dead Men Racing is forced cockpit mode? I don't race there as I don't like forced cockpit so I can't comment on their quality but we feel we offer some of the best quality racing, due to strict admin policies and not allowing newbies to join the track, with a wide choice of cars and a track rotation. Comparing DMR with us is like comparing apples with banana's. It was a PR statement, nothing more. Please don't get upset with a simple PR statement.
#6 - Bean0
I still see a distinct lack of boats.

Disclaimer: I am not speaking for DMR, but my opinion might be slightly biased

There was no mention of IHR offering the best racing of LFS in the OP (although you have to agree this would be quite a bold statement from a IHR member) - it was "we (IHR) still offer the cleanest racing on LFS".

From what I have tried, IHR is far off regarding clean racing only. This is quite unavoidable, coins have 2 sides - you attract a lot of people by being a popular server, and in proportion more newbies who have not yet a range of favourite servers to chose from, than a less popular and more "niche" server.

You are perfectly right in stating the two can not be compared, I would not say one is better than the other but I can assure you I never had to fight off T1 wreckers or drivers with no spatial awareness at all in the Dead Men Racing server, while I can not in all honesty say the same thing about the IHR server.
IHR may get cleaner in time (I hope you will succeed) but at the expense of popularity...

For those not in the mood for reading, it is obvious that:
High popularity <> high quality
crowded <> clean
Mille, I'd just like to pick up on a couple of points.

My quote was "some of the best quality racing". Making it not quite the bold statement.

Now it seems you are not aware but we make a big decision a few weeks ago to limit access to our servers to those with an lfsei above 200. This basically says complete newbies are not allowed. This had the effect of making us not the most popular server any more. We were prepared for this change and we stated many times that we want to focus on quality rather than quantity.

So basically I agree with your last statement. IHR has got cleaner and it was at the expense of popularity.

Finally please, all, don't get upset about a PR statement based on an opinion. Killfix wanted to announce our changes and did so in the best way he knew. If you like the idea then join us. If you don't then try others. Arguing on here about which is the best or cleanest is pointless as we will all have different opinions based on what is best for us.
Thank you, Mille, for sparing me the trouble of writing that I was all ready to hit the Post Reply button when I read JVIONE's statement but I'm glad you beat me to it
Now that I am home from work I would just like to add

Mille and Obsolum, you have completed just 30 laps on our servers between you. One of you has not been connected since January the other since the end of March. You have as much knowledge and experience of the cleanliness of our servers as I have of Dead Men Racing. For you to argue that IHR is not the cleanest server is just as silly as me arguing that it is (which I'm not).
having that many cars available is what attracts racers. Look at the (really) hundreds of empty servers running specific combos. On IHR (and cargame.nl) there is something for every taste, keeping the server occupied, and atop of the server list, thus attracting more racers.
Figure I will stir the pot some more.

Quote from menantoll :I'd like to add to what Killfix has said in his OP.

We have done more than just add cars. We have also changed cars available for different tracks. For example the track it is currently on, at time of writing, is SO2 and only UF1, STD, LX4 and TBO are available. Basically we have removed the fastest cars for short tracks and the slowest cars for long tracks.

Now to address the comments made.

We have added more cars to give our users more choice. It does not mean that all classes will be used at all times. People do tend to choose cars that others are currently racing. At time of writing there are currently 6 people racing but only LX4's and XFG's on track. Just because there are many classes available does not mean that all classes will be in use.

If you want a lower choice of cars for racers then maybe our server is not for you. It doesn't mean that everyone will think like that though. We have listened to a lot of our regulars who have asked us to add the lx4 and lrf class.

Regarding Killfix's comment about best racing in lfs. What's wrong with a bit of PR? All political parties will say they are the best but only one can be the best for you. Agree? Also Dead Men Racing is forced cockpit mode? I don't race there as I don't like forced cockpit so I can't comment on their quality but we feel we offer some of the best quality racing, due to strict admin policies and not allowing newbies to join the track, with a wide choice of cars and a track rotation. Comparing DMR with us is like comparing apples with banana's. It was a PR statement, nothing more. Please don't get upset with a simple PR statement.

Looking right now I see XFG through FZR. That to me makes no sense at all. The PR thing is actually rather hilarious, as when you are trying to advertise something you want to tell a great FACT about it. Saying it is "just for PR" makes it seem as if you are lying. And to be completely honest, it isn't clean, even when there are only 3-4 cars racing each other a time (because of too many cars on the server).

Quote from menantoll :Now that I am home from work I would just like to add

Mille and Obsolum, you have completed just 30 laps on our servers between you. One of you has not been connected since January the other since the end of March. You have as much knowledge and experience of the cleanliness of our servers as I have of Dead Men Racing. For you to argue that IHR is not the cleanest server is just as silly as me arguing that it is (which I'm not).

Should of stayed at work, as soon as you got home you have become insulting and it doesn't make you look any better, for PR reasons of course.

I never understood why teams didn't work together and make a good organized public racing servers. You have:

DMR and R2R with the hardcore servers
Redline with their LX server
FM covers ovals (wish it had more variety of cars however)
FM covers FOX
IHR does multi-car
cargame does multi-car

Now why not instead have:

IHR/cargame - XFG/XRG
IHR/cargame - TBO
IHR/cargame - FZ5/RAC
Redline - LX4/LX6
FM - Single seaters
FM - Ovals
DMR/R2R - Hardcore
??? - nGT
??? - GTR

See how nice that would be? People just join what they want and race. Each server would probably be widely populated as well if good tracks are picked for each server.

@ ACCAkut: There's a whopping 13 racers currently, 4 of which aren't racing.

/done stirring pot
It's sad that there's hardly any good public server nowadays :/ Earlier there was LR race centre and everyone raced in XFG/XRG and it gave much more fun, clean races and action than multiclass servers.
And for ex. I go to your server, I want to race in STD class car, buuuuuut only slower drivers race in them as they want to rise their rank to get faster cars while they lack of skill to control them. Anyway, fast cars are wrong for public racing....
#14 - arco
Does anyone know of a map of what sections on a track the path checking routine checks for? Because yesterday I did some laps on IHR on KY Long, and I was very careful of not going too much off the track, and if the laps were uploaded to lfsworld, they would most certainly pass the HLVC check. Yet most laps resulted in a "lap not saved cause of path check fail", or something like that. To me this checking seems too strict on some tracks, making it very annoying.

Oh, and you increased the experience points needed to drive the FX2 from 600 to 650 it seems.
Quote from PMD9409 :
IHR/cargame - XFG/XRG
IHR/cargame - TBO
IHR/cargame - FZ5/RAC
Redline - LX4/LX6
FM - Single seaters
FM - Ovals
DMR/R2R - Hardcore
??? - nGT
??? - GTR

Really want someone to make this possible, or IHR etc will change their servers to this, would really make online sprint races much more exciting.
#16 - wild
Quote from PMD9409 :...

What exactly do you mean by "wish it had more variety of cars however" ?
Quote from PMD9409 :Figure I will stir the pot some more.

Stir away

Quote from PMD9409 :Looking right now I see XFG through FZR. That to me makes no sense at all. The PR thing is actually rather hilarious, as when you are trying to advertise something you want to tell a great FACT about it. Saying it is "just for PR" makes it seem as if you are lying. And to be completely honest, it isn't clean, even when there are only 3-4 cars racing each other a time (because of too many cars on the server).

FACT. You have not raced on our server since 03.02.2010. How can you possible know how clean it is?

Quote from PMD9409 :Should of stayed at work, as soon as you got home you have become insulting and it doesn't make you look any better, for PR reasons of course.

I've already said, in as many words, that the OP was wrong in what he said as he doesn't have ALL the information to make such a statement. Neither do you, me or anyone else who has posted about our cleanliness ranking so far.

Quote from PMD9409 :I never understood why teams didn't work together and make a good organized public racing servers. You have:

DMR and R2R with the hardcore servers
Redline with their LX server
FM covers ovals (wish it had more variety of cars however)
FM covers FOX
IHR does multi-car
cargame does multi-car

Now why not instead have:

IHR/cargame - XFG/XRG
IHR/cargame - TBO
IHR/cargame - FZ5/RAC
Redline - LX4/LX6
FM - Single seaters
FM - Ovals
DMR/R2R - Hardcore
??? - nGT
??? - GTR

See how nice that would be? People just join what they want and race. Each server would probably be widely populated as well if good tracks are picked for each server.

You make a good point here. The problem is though that IHR and cargame, to take one of your examples, have completely different views on how to run the server. It's like the conservatives and librel democrates trying to run the country together. Oh wait...

Quote from PMD9409 :@ ACCAkut: There's a whopping 13 racers currently, 4 of which aren't racing.

/done stirring pot

Well done you can do a server look up. Now be a good boy and join up and check how many different cars are ACTUALLY on the track too. (at time of writing 3 classes, one of which is a new addition) You know, the point I was trying to make earlier about it being more CHOICE and the fact that it is rare to have more than a few classes on at once.
Quote from menantoll :For you to argue that IHR is not the cleanest server is just as silly as me arguing that it is (which I'm not).

Not really. The probability of it not being the cleanest server is much much higher than the probability of it being, too, the cleanest server

There's no need to get offended or go in defensive mode when people point out that IHR isn't the cleanest server; it simply isn't I know JVIONE didn't really mean anything by it but you had to expect reactions when you make bold statements like that

In the end, the "cleanliness" discussion is rather pointless IMO. There simply isn't one cleanest server. There are clean servers, less clean servers and awfully dirty servers. I don't know where IHR fits in as I haven't raced there recently (or pretty much any other server for that matter).
Quote from JVIONE :We value everyones input

Except forum haters, obviously.

As for PR, spam would be the best way to describe Killfix's use of the new thread button.

Can't disagree with Philip, since CTRA closed the gap at the top of tin tops and single seaters certainly hasn't been filled (can't exactly count the sad bastards at AMG/CD playing on the same combo for the past god knows how long) - which is a shame as CTRA at the top tier was a bit elite and a barrier to racing, so would be good to open it up to all but with IHR, et al these cars are basically inaccessible and don't get anyone racing them.

Quote from wild :What exactly do you mean by "wish it had more variety of cars however" ?

Engage brain. What does "more" usually mean?
What annoyed me is that my first post was ignored and you guys carried on having a go at Killfix's. Yes I do get defensive. Shoot me for defending my friend and team.

Quote from boothy :Except forum haters, obviously.

That's me you want to point that at. Would you want to let me into your server if I openly call you and your team idiots? Besides, you only know about that exact ban reason because you tried to join.

Shout on here that IHR are all idiots then you will not be welcome on our servers. It's not rocket science really.
-
(menantoll) DELETED by menantoll
Quote from Hahmo :Really want someone to make this possible, or IHR etc will change their servers to this, would really make online sprint races much more exciting.

Yep, it definately would, glad I am not the only one that thinks this way.

Quote from wild :What exactly do you mean by "wish it had more variety of cars however" ?

Something that isn't wide open for example. Something that involves tire conservation. Something that involves more than just draft, pass, draft, pass, blah blah. Basically, something without slicks to actually make it a challenge.

Quote from menantoll :Stir away

I'm sorry, I thought feedback was welcomed.

Quote from menantoll :
FACT. You have not raced on our server since 03.02.2010. How can you possible know how clean it is?

Oh I am going to like this fact game here. Can you tell me the cars I went through, also the amount I raced there. Can you also tell me why I would quit racing there?

FACT. I raced from UF1 through TBO and had the privelage of racing the higher classes.
FACT. I raced there quite a bit, at one point almost every night for 2-3 weeks.
FACT. I quit racing there because the range of cars were too wide. I was racing by myself or with 3 other cars in the TBO class. And after that wore off and there was about 6 people in TBO, then some of them went to nGT or GT2 and raced by themselves.
FACT. Thats not fun.

Quote from menantoll :
I've already said, in as many words, that the OP was wrong in what he said as he doesn't have ALL the information to make such a statement. Neither do you, me or anyone else who has posted about our cleanliness ranking so far.

He stated it as if it were a fact. I was merely stating my opinion, because I was giving general feedback. I'm sorry you cannot take criticism. I have raced in both server quite a bit, so I thought my opinion was pretty fair.

Quote from menantoll :
You make a good point here. The problem is though that IHR and cargame, to take one of your examples, have completely different views on how to run the server. It's like the conservatives and librel democrates trying to run the country together. Oh wait...

And you will be criticized for that. Oh wait...

Quote from menantoll :
Well done you can do a server look up. Now be a good boy and join up and check how many different cars are ACTUALLY on the track too. (at time of writing 3 classes, one of which is a new addition) You know, the point I was trying to make earlier about it being more CHOICE and the fact that it is rare to have more than a few classes on at once.

Oh thanks for some more insults, you are really looking good here.

Okay I looked just for you. A couple LX4s, a couple FXOs, and one XFG. Man that must be a blast!

Seems like it should become a trackday server instead of a race server.

Quote from boothy :Except forum haters, obviously.

As for PR, spam would be the best way to describe Killfix's use of the new thread button.

Can't disagree with Philip, since CTRA closed the gap at the top of tin tops and single seaters certainly hasn't been filled (can't exactly count the sad bastards at AMG/CD playing on the same combo for the past god knows how long) - which is a shame as CTRA at the top tier was a bit elite and a barrier to racing, so would be good to open it up to all but with IHR, et al these cars are basically inaccessible and don't get anyone racing them.

Phillip or Phil is fine too.

CTRA was nice because it split everything into classes, but it was just too much with the leveling system and all that. Kept many people in the lower servers "where it was populated" instead of spreading out. If all the servers are just open for anyone to join, then they will all be rather populated, and each server now has an admin crew in there almost 24/7. Carry that over and you have everything covered (with noobs joining and all that).

And menantoll, I didn't ignore your first post, I actually quoted and responded to it.

Oh and LOL @ your last post. You are seriously taking things way too far now. We never called all of you idiots or anything like that. If anything you have been insulting us for giving back feedback. I guess we can't give feedback without getting banned from your servers. It's not rocket science really...
#22 - CSF
Quote from PMD9409 :

Oh and LOL @ your last post. You are seriously taking things way too far now. We never called all of you idiots or anything like that. If anything you have been insulting us for giving back feedback. I guess we can't give feedback without getting banned from your servers. It's not rocket science really...

Boothy called Ori an idiot hence why he is banned.
Quote from CSF :Boothy called Ori an idiot hence why he is banned.

Well he did go against his own rules and caused an accident under blue flag. They normally ban racers in their server for that. Ori did it on stream too.
Boothy called the kettle black?
#25 - CSF

IHR adds new cars
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG