The online racing simulator
Can't get AA or AF?
(8 posts, started )
Can't get AA or AF?
I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 graphics card.

Apparently the AA (Anti Aliasing) and AF (Anisotropic Filtering) settings ingame doesn't work at all, nothing changes at all when i change the settings.
Usually you can see a very big difference when you switch AA and AF on/off, but i can't see any difference whatsoever.
I have also tried to set the settings with nhancer, same thing, nothing happens.
But the weird thing is that i seem to have AA on as default, i don't see any jaggies anywhere when i have the AA off, i have even tried to force the AA off with nhancer, still no jaggies.
You can easily see if there is any AA or not.
Also since none of the settings in nhancer works i get alot of shimmering and stuff, usually i have fixed the shimmering fences etc with nhancer, but without the nhancer settings the graphics looks very bad.

So.. any idea what the problem might be?
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Argh now there is no AA at all, and i can't set AA with nhancer, i can only set AA in the game.
I don't know what's going on..

And now btw, the AA and AF isn't turned off in the nvidia control panel. I noticed the settings in nhancer and in nvidia control panel is linked.
Do you have some setting like "take settings from application" or something similiar?
This is what you have in ATI drivers... (see attachment)
Attached images
nnm.JPG
Quote from matijapkc :Do you have some setting like "take settings from application" or something similiar?
This is what you have in ATI drivers... (see attachment)

Yes i do, i can get AA and AF now if i set it in the game.
But the problem now is that any of the settings which i change with nhancer/nvidia control panel doesn't work.
So i get shimmering textures/fences and stuff when i move in the game, it really looks horrible imo, before i could fix it with nhancer by setting transparency AA and gamma correction, though i think only transparency AA fixed it.
I think that you get that stuff because of LFS's "high quality" textures, if you get what I mean... Can you get us a screenshot of that stuff?
Quote from matijapkc :I think that you get that stuff because of LFS's "high quality" textures, if you get what I mean... Can you get us a screenshot of that stuff?

You can't see it in screenshots, you can only see it when you are moving.
Like i said.. nhancer/nvidia control panel made the graphics look wonderful, so i want to get the nhancer/nvidia control panel settings work in LFS.
Quote from BlackbirdCaD :You can't see it in screenshots, you can only see it when you are moving.
Like i said.. nhancer/nvidia control panel made the graphics look wonderful, so i want to get the nhancer/nvidia control panel settings work in LFS.

Then it's LFS... You know that LFS graphics aren't so good...

Can't get AA or AF?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG