The online racing simulator
Report - [name removed]
(38 posts, closed, started )
Report - [name removed]
Couldnt see anywhere else to out this but...

I have a report for player username - [name removed]

This player was in a server with just me and him...He started to annoy me and bully me. So eventually I went to a race server, he followed me there and we raced and I beat him 4 times...He made up some excuses each time... After annoying me even more I left and joined a cruise server... He follows me again and abuses again...

He follows me to every server I go to and I cannot play. I paid 24 quid to play this game not be bullied and harrased by some 13 year old boy so could something be done please?
Ignore him and he will go away eventually.

Whining about how you want your money back just because of another player annoying you is quite ridiculous.
I met this guy before - a right pain. Mods, since there are a increasing amounts of these threads, maybe make a sticky for reporting wreckers and cheaters - a bit like the wrecker barricade.

BTW - I'm that trial race official off OsR - the wreckage wasn't your fault that time when you got wrecked twice consecutively.
Where is my, "Internet is serious business" picture when I need it...

More seriously, ignore him just like Zeug said. Nothing else can be done.
Quote from shaun463 :Mods, since there are a increasing amounts of these threads, maybe make a sticky for reporting wreckers and cheaters - a bit like the wrecker barricade.

There is an increasing amount of these threads? Where?

And this thread will get locked/deleted anyway since naming & shaming isn't allowed on here so why should they make a sticky to do that?
Good point. Damn it, I lose . About the increasing threads - I've seen at least 10 in the last two months. Maybe that isn't much, but it might keep the forum cleaner if that happened. To avoid the naming and shaming snag, they shoudn't post the username, but instead upload a replay.
Stephanie its better if you could have the replays as proof. Best would be to set it to auto-save.

Quote from End User Licence Agreement :
1.5 Extreme disruptive or offensive behaviour by a user, towards the developers or members of the community, may result in temporary or permanent suspension of the user's Live for Speed license.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=agreement

If it escales to extreme distruptive behaviour, you'd be able to get somewhere with the aid of the replays.

Edit: Ignoring would be fine, if not for the fact that you would be able to race online at your leisure. You can also try and get a ban on the said account if he/she was ramming/wrecking in that specific server: quite a hassle as you'll need to sign up on all those server's forums.
Explain to me how its possible to ignore someone that constantly crashes into your cars, and doesnt shut up in chat. How is it possible to ignore that?

Besides, naming and shaming shouldnt be a crime, why should these arseholes be allowed to silently get away with bullying and harassing people. Just remove his S2 license, im sure that bullying and harassment would be against the terms and conditions we all agree to.
Quote from Silverracer :Stephanie its better if you could have the replays as proof. Best would be to set it to auto-save.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=agreement

If it escales to extreme distruptive behaviour, you'd be able to get somewhere with the aid of the replays.

Ok ill remember that next time I go on. Thanks

Extreme disruptive or offensive behaviour by a user, towards the developers or members of the community, may result in temporary or permanent suspension of the user's Live for Speed license.
I've never fully understood this whole "naming and shaming" thing, or more why it isn't allowed, especially if we can see it on a replay. It lets us know who to avoid, doesn't it?
Aye. If a person has too many bans, they get globally banned for 30 days. This happened to me once - only because of a flaw in my cruise InSim system. Basically, I was hosting the server in-game, then Josh fined me to bankrupcy, which sent a signal to ban me from the server. The problem was, you can't ban the host. So it sent the signal about 300 or so times, and I was banned from LFS for 30 days.
Quote from piggy501 :I've never fully understood this whole "naming and shaming" thing, or more why it isn't allowed, especially if we can see it on a replay. It lets us know who to avoid, doesn't it?

I understand the fact that people might be wrongly accused/framed and their reputation distroyed - this might be one of the reasons behind whole naming and shaming thingy - but then there should a set proceedure that allows users like Stephanie above to make their case.

If there already is, please be kind enough to enlighten us.
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
Report it to the admins of the server, they normally have a website/forum. Make sure you have replay evidence and the appropriate action can be taken.

If it leads to something more serious I'd contact the devs, with evidence again of course.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=contactus
Oh wait, sorry Speed - I saw him before on [LTC], but she got wrecked by bergbazi another time, twice consecutively, then she left.
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
Quote from garph :Report it to the admins of the server, they normally have a website/forum.

Yes, but to what extent?

Check this user's online history;
http://www.spdoracing.com/eventdb/driver/stephanie/hosts

If this stalker has being following around (and he has, according to his online history) how much finding, registering, reporting on forums should one do?

Sure, its probably for one day - or a few hours at most, till he/she gets bored, but in the meantime... meh.
Quote from shaun463 :Oh wait, sorry Speed - I saw him before on [LTC], but she got wrecked by bergbazi another time, twice consecutively, then she left.

Ah ok, got a bit confused there
Quote from Silverracer :Yes, but to what extent?

Check this user's online history;
http://www.spdoracing.com/eventdb/driver/stephanie/hosts

If this stalker has being following around (and he has, according to his online history) how much finding, registering, reporting on forums should one do?

Sure, its probably for one day - or a few hours at most, till he/she gets bored, but in the meantime... meh.

Quote from garph :Report it to the admins of the server, they normally have a website/forum. Make sure you have replay evidence and the appropriate action can be taken.

If it leads to something more serious I'd contact the devs, with evidence again of course.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=contactus

Hate to quote myself but I kind of already suggested what to do if it was more serious.
Thanks, overlooked that bit.
*in before lock* that's it. This thread worths nothing more. These kind of guys are all over internet and this game.
#20 - AMB
I know this guy, he's cool if you get to know him, you must of done something to annoy him.
Quote from AMB :I know this guy, he's cool if you get to know him, you must of done something to annoy him.

That doesn't give him the right to follow someone around from server to server giving them abuse though does it!?

He may be cool but you best not annoy him otherwise he'll stalk you from server to server and give you shit, but you've only got yourself to blame cause you annoyed him!

Doesn't that sound a little ridiculous?
#22 - Sico
Quote from Kristi :*in before lock* that's it. This thread worths nothing more. These kind of guys are all over internet and this game.

And you sir, fall into that category.
#23 - AMB
Quote from garph :That doesn't give him the right to follow someone around from server to server giving them abuse though does it!?

He may be cool but you best not annoy him otherwise he'll stalk you from server to server and give you shit, but you've only got yourself to blame cause you annoyed him!

Doesn't that sound a little ridiculous?

Of course, but sometimes people do it for a reason and not just to be annoying, there's always two sides to each story, but he's still in the wrong whether it's his or her fault.
Yah,seen that guy before.

He's a real pain,that's all I can say.
Well, thanks for all the replies, good or bad...

I would just like to mention he is once again following me around.... In the end I left the server again.... But I now fear that i cant save a replay once i left? (I hope thats not the case.....................)
This thread is closed

Report - [name removed]
(38 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG