The online racing simulator
Quote from Tazka :macsy has the best one so far imo.

I disagree. It's a good edit, but the end result does not appeal to me at all, a couple of reasons being:
  • The car doesn't look very wet.
  • Lighting and absence of any reflection of it suggests there is no sun in this composition, yet there is a rainbow, which is impossible.
  • The water on the track is completely still, very improbable on a large, open surface, especially after a storm. There should be some evidence of wind.
That is not to offend macsy, I'm merely explaining why I don't like it.
Thanks for the crits. I agree, the car is way too clean, I'll try to work on it a bit. The lighting I kinda disagree: the car's front is lit up. You're probably right about the reflections thou. I had some water texture on the ground, but I thought it needed a motion blur like the ground, and after that it just lightened the track. It's still there, anyway. Plus there's a ripple effect on the car's reflection.

Again, thanks for the honest crits. I know my edits have flaws, it's good that someone points them out.
Quote from skiper :TOmba(FIN)

Special for you in English!

Are you a screwed up moron or something? I did write in other topic that I was an amateur, not a professional. And all I said about your picture I said from an amateur’s point of view. You seem to want to equate me with a pro and then criticize me for it. Where is logic here?
BTW, if you want a professional’s opinion, here it is. Well, you made me. I asked a real pro (artist, photographer and designer) to take a look at your picture, here is what exactly he said:
1. "How can he criticize others having made such a piece of shit himself?"
2. The car is not moving, motion is seen only on the wheels, the rest is standing.
3. The reflection doesn’t even remind of asphalt road.
4. The real rain can be seen everywhere! Even if it’s light and even if you mastered the “motion blur” filter.
5. The rain in the picture goes only between the spectator and the car.

So, you'd better go to a bar, drink some vodka and relax. Although I'm sure you don't know how to drink, the same as you don’t know how to impartially criticize other people’s work.

The absolute truths, do not exist and I believe on the respect to the people in all cases.

At night I will make an analisis of your post. I'm a professional, also, and I worked with professional photographers. So, I understand a bit about this case. But I'm not agree with your friend. Of course, your friend/mate makes a opinion favorable to you.

As a advance, In the atmosphere, is posible all conditions and there are strange things. But, there are a basis. Light conditions.

There are diference between the eye and the objetive of the camera. Much times we edit the pic as we see the things. As I mentioned HDR. The eye, makes it automatically and the camera depends of the exposition, obturation, etc.
Final entry with my crappy edit Went for something abit different, but I'm not really satisfied with it though
Attached images
Regn.jpg
Regn2.jpg
Excellent! The rain droplets could be a bit better but it still looks great!
Quote from skiper :TOmba(FIN)

Special for you in English!

Are you a screwed up moron or something? I did write in other topic that I was an amateur, not a professional. And all I said about your picture I said from an amateur’s point of view. You seem to want to equate me with a pro and then criticize me for it. Where is logic here?
BTW, if you want a professional’s opinion, here it is. Well, you made me. I asked a real pro (artist, photographer and designer) to take a look at your picture, here is what exactly he said:
1. "How can he criticize others having made such a piece of shit himself?"
2. The car is not moving, motion is seen only on the wheels, the rest is standing.
3. The reflection doesn’t even remind of asphalt road.
4. The real rain can be seen everywhere! Even if it’s light and even if you mastered the “motion blur” filter.
5. The rain in the picture goes only between the spectator and the car.

So, you'd better go to a bar, drink some vodka and relax. Although I'm sure you don't know how to drink, the same as you don’t know how to impartially criticize other people’s work.

I'm not saying my pic is any good, but since you started pointing out some bullshit fictions...

1. Friend of yours?
2. The rest is standing because the rest isnt moving as fast as the wheels! How dumb can you seriously be to realize that!
3. I'm sorry but rippling the reflection makes it look just worse. If you want something realistic, the surface needs to be 3d.
4. No. Next time it's raining, look at the bright sky and try to see the water drops.
5. Nah, it doesn't. But I agree it's hard to be noticed anywhere else. I agree on that. I should have used less opacity on water drops. But there are same amounts of water drops everywhere, it's just the layer filter that made it disappear from the background etc. So, I agree my water drops doesn't look good. But I still don't agree that you could see the water drops against a bright sky.

Tell me who is this professional friend of yours and I want to see some of his works?
SHUT THE F**K UP! Are you kidding me? What is wrong with you guys? If you don't like someone, then it's just better to keep it to yourself. Do you realize what you are fighting for? For an edited screen shot from a game! It looks more like you are jealous that other people like his work, Tomba. Who cares?! Don't you want JO53PHS to keep doing this competition?

Here is what I think we should do. All those who are bit*ing around should not be allowed to enter a competition! These are just EDITED SCREEN SHOTS from a game. Who cares if they do not look realistic! Don't you understand that not everyone has so much experience in editing screenies? 75% of the pictures posted in forums don't look realistic, so? They don't have to, this is not in REAL LIFE!

I barely now anyone else who makes REALLY realistic edits, apart from Lynce. Yes, there are lots of people who make awesome edits, but are they that realistic, all those colors and fancy stuff? So just stop arguing or there won't be any competition soon enough.

At least skiper did an effort to his picture and entered the competition. That's what these competitions are for, for entering with your pictures no matter how good, realistic or cool they are.
forum drama oh god i love it
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Meh, no need to add to the bitching...
+1.

Totally agree with you, andRo.

This week I will not participate, because I'm finishing the RP 1st and 2nd addon. At last!!

Next week, of course.

Peace and respect, please. Finally If I make the analisis, it will be bad. So is better to end this situation.

Cheers and good luck to all.
I only cannot understand one. Why Tomba always states the criticism to my pictures in what that a negative?
I do not know the person. Also as well as it me.
Its citation "Water-shit". For what? Other word suitable was not?
If you wish to write criticism. Well make it subjectively. Or your age of 10 years?

All thanks. And again Sorry my English
Quote from skiper :I only cannot understand one. Why Tomba always states the criticism to my pictures in what that a negative?
I do not know the person. Also as well as it me.
Its citation "Water-shit". For what? Other word suitable was not?
If you wish to write criticism. Well make it subjectively. Or your age of 10 years?

All thanks. And again Sorry my English

Please, continue arguing
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Please, continue arguing

Just I do not argue.
Simply at me doubt. Whether you that such know the logician?
Also it is visible because of that. You live in what country.
It is a pity to me
Quote from skiper :Just I do not argue.
Simply at me doubt. Whether you that such know the logician?
Also it is visible because of that. You live in what country.
It is a pity to me

Continue.. did not understand a word of what you are trying to say.
WOW, what a way to bitch about the other pics

Joshep, i vote to remove from "THIS" Photomode, to tomba and skiper

To much argue ruin the "Air" of the competition.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Continue.. did not understand a word of what you are trying to say.

I have estimated yours trolling
continue...
Sorry guys, but you (skiper and Tomba) are acting childish. This is meant to be a competition for fun, not one for arguing. How about you send PM's rather than argue in the thread. No-one gives a damn about what you two have to say, sheesh.

Do not quote, just do what is said. kthxbai.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Sorry guys, but you (skiper and Tomba) are acting childish. This is meant to be a competition for fun, not one for arguing. How about you send PM's rather than argue in the thread. No-one gives a damn about what you two have to say, sheesh.

Do not quote, just do what is said. kthxbai.

So skip our conversation You do give a damn, don't lie.
Quote from boothy :You, obviously.

It was meant that who cares, that other people like his work. I don't obviously, but if that's what you want to think, let it be that way.

There have been lots of posts, but no pictures. Get back to the topic!
Amazing job taavi
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :So skip our conversation You do give a damn, don't lie.

No, cuz the ppl who want to see the edited pics, dont we need scroll or go throught 234293849 pages of bitching about how the other edit the pics, If you wanna argue, perfect, you have severals ways to do it, but dont do it here you ruin the thread with your stupidity and skipy as stupid like you keep add fuel to the fire, so stfu , PICS or GTFO
#74 - Sico
Quote from jensbrix :Final entry with my crappy edit Went for something abit different, but I'm not really satisfied with it though

Absolutely Stunning...
Quote from Taavi(EST) :A quick one

Final Entry

I like
Just dont like that you cant see the raindrops everywhere, like on the sky..
Still, i like it very much, well done

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG