The online racing simulator
[v1.4.3] LFS Vehicle Alarm
(142 posts, started )
Quote from Naruto06 :Automatic Disable Timer: I have added an optional feature to automatically Disable your alarm after it has been going off for a set amount of time... Adjustable from 1 Minute to 10 Minutes

I found a bug with this... while im cruising every X min. it will just say that ive disabled my alarm without me even turning it on.

I can see from the code why It doesn't check if the alarm has been activated before switching off

Quote from m4ccy :When i am parked and spectating people my alarm will go off if my wheel is turning left and right, as in using spectator cam, can we make the minimum speed that the alarm goes off, optional?

Or perhaps set the trigger speed to 1 or 2 mph?

Already added, Just waiting on some suggestion before next update
The activation speed is 0.25 MPH... That works great until you get some lag and InSim reports an odd speed and sets the alarm off
Added another slider for Activation Speed

Quote from Fire_optikz001 :fail

We all make mistakes :chair:
Are you happy now that I fixed it
sweet XD
Updated to 1.4.2: Felt there were no more updates and decided to update earlier

Added In 1.4.2:
Variable Activation Speed: Now you can choose what speed the Alarm will activate at... Ranges from 0.1 MPH -- 5 MPH (0.1 increments)
Fized Automatic Disable Timer: No longer 'tries' to disable the alarm when its not been enabled

Download on 1st post
Yeh I need to sort out the 1st post
Quote from DavidTiger :Updated to 1.4.2: Felt there were no more updates and decided to update earlier

Added In 1.4.2:
Variable Activation Speed: Now you can choose what speed the Alarm will activate at... Ranges from 0.1 MPH -- 5 MPH (0.1 increments)
Fized Automatic Disable Timer: No longer 'tries' to disable the alarm when its not been enabled

Download on 1st post

0.o (hint: 4 stars) You work fast ^^

ill let u know if i have any more ideas
Does anyone have a clue why Car Alarm is turning on by itself when i am typing? I dont even touch CTRL + Z (my shortcut), but it goes off after i press T, type message and press Enter. It is kinda frustrating when a handbrake is pulled by itself at 200 km/h.
Because of a 'Type Disable' feature I had added (and forgot to make optional)
It will disable the alarm when you press 't' then enable again (if it was enabled when t was pressed) when enter is pressed

It will be optional, and working better for my next update

-David
Ah, i see. Anyway, let's wait for an update then.
That latest version makes LFS lag a lot. I would be happy if you would just add spacebar to handbrake button list to version 1.2 and I would be happy
Is this still being worked on, or did you gave up?

Newest version makes it impossible to use, as alarm goes off everytime i send out a message, so i would realy like if you could update that.
No I havn't given up on this, I've just been too busy over the past week or so.

I'll update it sometime today, Most likely in the next hour or so

EDIT:
See the 1st post for V1.4.3. Changelog at 1st post aswell

-David
Oh, sorry for nagging then. Thank you mate.
Why does mine go off as soon as i put it on. lol
nice work david , i thing ive notived tho, i set the alarm, and when its set and you try to type it misses half the keys your press or is this just me ?, anychance of fixing this ? as i cnt type when the alarm is enabled but apart from that sweet little app
To me it happens that when i stop, handbrake goes off by itself - only that, not that car alarm turns on. Then i have to turn car alarm on and off, to disable that.
Nevermind, i changed hotkeys now and problem with handbrake dissapeared. Anyway, i think that code for this application needs a look throught becouse there are some weird things in, which IMO should be fixed:
  • When alarm is activated, it is very hard to type anything in the chat - spaces are appearing for god knows what reason.
  • Sometimes when alarm is de-activated, spaces are appearing in chat also - weird thing is that it is not happening all the time.
  • When alarm goes off and you want to disable it while moving very slowly, you get this message: "Can't Enable While Driving!" It should be "Can't Disable While Driving!" or even better, disable when driving should be enabled.
  • There are some Activate Speeds, which are useless. For example, i noticed that all of them until 0,6, turns the alarm on, even if car is not moving at all - not even wheel in the car. Maybe wind or something is causing this, but i think that those speeds which are too low, should be removed, so it is easier to set it up.
Anyway, i have one suggestion also. What about making another setting, which would allow to type in custom message, which would go off when alarm turns on? For example, i would make it something like "Thank you for nudging my car, now listen to the alarm!". Just so people dont think that i am pressing horn and lights on my own.

Anyway, i already love this program as it is. It would be good if you could have a full look throught and fix what needs to be fixed so it would work without any bugs or problems and that would be it. However, you alreaady did an amazing job with it. I can also understand that it can be a bit buggy due to loads of updates in a short time.
Hey David!!! COOL ALARM SYSTEM!!! and you did that on my b'day! I've always wanted to have a car alarm!! thanks a lot david!!!
Btw David, is this application still being dveloped, or is 1.4.3, final version? Cheers!
Yes, its still in (slow) development.. Just being very busy the past few weeks, and had no time nor the patience to code

Regarding your last post about the "wierd things" you found. They will all be fixed and hopefully be bug free by the next 'big' release. Maybe 1.5 will be almost final, untill I think of/get suggestions to add to it more more updates

Hopefully I can find time to sit down and go through the code, making it better and most likely re-write a few small parts that I added with the small updates I did.. With the little time I really have to code, when I do, its not as tidy as I usually code it :shug:
I hsould be less busy in the next week or so, I can say you can expect an update after the next week or so, but schedules may change

Thanks for the interest on my apps
Really makes me want to make more apps to give back to the great community

-David
That's great David! No need to hurry, i was just curious, but update will be defenetly a great thing when it comes out. Cheers!
Not Working
When i try and open the app it doesnt let me open it
What error do you get?? Screenshot it

PS: Sorry about the no updates for sometime, I really have little or no time on the PC these days. This is the 1st in a few days, lol

-David
Quote from DavidTiger :PS: Sorry about the no updates for sometime, I really have little or no time on the PC these days. This is the 1st in a few days, lol

Take your time mate.

As long as you are going to fix bugs in this application, i do not care if it is after one year. Just take your time, you already did a great job.
with the latest version i have noticed the following problems...it doesnt say the messages in lfs when i enable or dissable it. but i have it set to say nothing when i dissable it

also when it connects, and it is connected, it stil says insim not connected

it works though

EDIT: also it doesnt work when i get hit after all

when it says its connected to insim is that when it starts seeing if it should go off? cause that might be the problem?
also cannother people hear the beeps when i turn it on and off? cause that would be sweet

[v1.4.3] LFS Vehicle Alarm
(142 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG