The online racing simulator
My Racing Cockpit System
(27 posts, started )
My Racing Cockpit System
Damn cool.
Wow!

Why cant I have such things?

That is bloody awesome in every way. Very well-freaking-done!

Haha. "Dont overtake!"
:O:O:O:O
This is SO awesome, only thing you should get is some semi-racing of racing seat :P
i really want one. did you make it. if so do you have any plans to make morre. or maybe release plans for it. i really would love that but without that wheel and seat
Quote from brt900 :i really want one. did you make it. if so do you have any plans to make morre. or maybe release plans for it. i really would love that but without that wheel and seat

Yeah same.
wow, and i felt proud after building that one shifter
#9 - G!NhO

awesome!!
wow, i love your buttons system man
Thanks to all for nice words

Answers for questions,
plans to make more? = unfortunately I'm not planing open business with cockpits. I made one piece for my own purposes. It should be nice business with it, but I'm not planing it, yet.

for Taylor:
total cost? = complete cockpit what you can see on the picture

cost 4500 Euro plus Logitech G25 (I'm owner of G25 from sonner times with higher price about 250 Euro at release time, now there is lower cost for G25, then G25 is NOT included to 4500 Euro, but all other on the cockpit is included). Of course PC with monitor and sound system also not incuded.

what is in the black folder? = heh, it is nice question. It is big mistery...
As you can hear from the music in the video presentation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V01nKa5_cps
"This is my church", then black forder is Bible for this church It contain complete manual about cockpit (settings, starting of system, button mapping and button codes, modificable parts descriptions), and I'm very big fan of LFS, then there is complete detail manual about LFS (all cars - engine and parameters and settings, power, RPM, wheel turn settings for each car etc.., all tracks versions and parameters, and distance, many things about racing and rules), and some other racing simulator manuals (race07, etc...), simply to say "Racer's Handbook" alias "My Blackbook". Many usefull information within reach from cockpit, any information I need about cockpit and racing and simulators, I not must unbuckle (disconnect) the belts and not must go away for it. In the cockpit I need to have all usefull things and informations within reach
Mistery of black folder is disclosed
do you have any plans that you used whilst building the cockpit
My Cockpit doesnt spin like that

Very nice!
Quote from Jordan2007 :My Cockpit doesnt spin like that

The one he made is Super Dooper Cockpit.
Sweet!

Gotta have some complicated wiring there ey.
Quote from brt900 :do you have any plans that you used whilst building the cockpit

I planed it in AutoCAD. There were:
Project version 1, it has not been realised (it shold be no motion, but only static cockpit) - there were technical barriers at manufacturing (should be other profile types, and it should be welding)
Project version 2 - this one has been realised as motion cockpit.
http://picasaweb.google.sk/pet ... Wu8wE&feat=directlink
But,doesn't it feel good after you've completed running the wiring and it's actually working?

I certainly do!
Nice rig man, is that a frex kit?
Really Awesome. Imm just envious now.
btw. $$$$$
Not much to say except WOW , this took some great dedication, time and money, really impressive!

I bet you're not married, or if you were you're not any more LOL

I've made a little post about it in our forum, hope you don't mind: http://www.ready2rollteam.com/ ... wtopic.php?f=24&t=678

Hope to see you soon on R2R GEN PRO! (dedicated to sim settings)
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer
anttt69 - Yes, it is very ENHANCED version of FrexGP Motion cockpit. FrexGP is core of it, and I enhanced it with analog handbrake from real car, dashboard with many buttons, and chassis with small rotary wheel because it have no fixed place, I must parked it aside if not racing (small place in the room).

ACCAkut - Core and control electronics for dashboard is Leo Bodnar's Precision Joystick Controller BU0836 (36 button matrix).
http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836/

Framaris - thanks time, money? ohh, yes, a lot of..., but now => big fun and experience. Spare neither time nor effort
Yes, I'm not married, but everyone says, that should be at this years hmmm, it is coming when it is coming, man never know...
But I know people who are married and have same hobby
About driving: I'm proud on my cockpit, I have no problems at real car driving - it is easy to do, but I'm still not proud on my virtual driving and lap times, I must improve it

TAYLOR-MANIA - I'm planing only one update, LED's, lamps, icons behind the stering wheel as in real car tachometer (headlights, L/R indicators, handbrake (!), TC, SpeedLimiter, etc...) but I don't know when it will done. I'm waiting for big help from my friend with it about electric connection project and programming SW for it to PC and PIC chip, because I not have enough know-how to projecting the IC circuits and software for it, and my friend is very busy and not have enough time to project it. I can to do and made it based on some project, but I don't know to project it, then I must wait for my friend, but I mean it will neverending story as I know... Then this upgrade is not seem too real, without any help about circuit and SW project. TrackIR is installed there (check it on top of monitor on the photos), but I no longer use it since I have Motion system. Rather there is way to 3 monitors, but I'm very indecisive about it, because I have very little space - not enough space in the work room, but I very desire for 3 monitors, it is open question yet :S
I know Buttkicker, but it is not need if Motion is installed. I preferred Buttkicker for Home Cinema System rather as for racing symulators.
And there were some ideas about bigger steering wheel with bigger diameter, and lever switches behind streering wheel as in real car. I had prepared for intall Ford Sierra lever switches:
http://www.southwalesprops.com/lights.htm
But at this time I realised it with one homemade lever switch for L/R indicator only (for LFS), because with original G25 there is not enough space behind the wheel for real car lever switches.
These are some ideas from me, what were in the original project, but were not realised (yet), for technical reason, I not have enough resources (not money, rather technical reason) to realise these projetcs, yet. But man never know what future brought...

Experience: As I wrote above. I have problem with driving of virtual simulator from the classical office chair, because there are many physical and optical informations what are VERY missing for me. Because my driving and correct reaction and response to car behaviour is based 20% on sound, 40% on optical and 40% on physical informations from the environment. At virtual simulator without Motion system it was very big problem for me, because "physical information = 0%", "optical information = 20%" (for small FOV on the one monitor, perspective view as in real car is missing, there is very limited area to view). Only sound information is "complete". Then result is 20% of sound + 20% view + 0% physical information. Then there is only 40% informations, based on what I can proper reactions and response to car behaviour and driving. I say, I had problem with virtual driving. I'm not youngest generation man But now with "real" cockpit&motion&dashboard, there is better feeling and get another amount of needed informations. Now I'm feel the car behaviour, it is big value for me. But 2 sidelong monitors are still missing for me, there is still problem at close race. This my system with 3 monitors should be optimal for me.
And race times? As I say above, I need more practice to improve it But with Motion it is better and more realistic to driving for me!
But this all is my opinion! Any people can to have any opinions and requests for virtual driving. There are some 10-15 years old boys with static office chair who have better lap times as myself. They are young of modern virtual reality times

My Racing Cockpit System
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG