The online racing simulator
Repairable or not?
(25 posts, started )
Repairable or not?
Ive got a 2008 Scott Aspect 60 and today the dralia got caught in the wheel, and where the wheel has pulled it round its ripped the holes that screw the dralia to the bike clean off.

http://www.skimarket.com/produ ... bikes/Scott_Aspect-60.jpg

Like that. If not then i guess i'll have no choice but to buy a new one.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
yeah ive checked it and i think all it will need will be a new derailleur but will have a better look once its light tomorrow
if the Frame is ok you'll be fine. sometimes the derailleur can be bent into shape if your lucky. This happened to me a few years ago.
trouble is though ive had the bike for a couple of years now and i think the frame is slightly bent and the rear wheel is bent a bit from where i got knocked off it by a ford transit
Maybe get a new one?
Got any pictures?

If you know how, you can pick up a new, or used but working derailleur for quite cheap and just fit it that way. However, be careful for spoke damage, that can cause the wheel to go. Granted, it might not go quickly, but if it does and you're doing 30mph down a hill, then ouch.

Also, from the state of the bike, from what you described, I'd say a new bike would do the trick, because you'd need quite a lot of repairs really.

You can get a cheap one from Argos, but if I'm honest they're really quite poor quality. A replacement of your bike is available from Evans Cycles for £300 if you don't think it's worth the damage.
Quote from piggy501 :Granted, it might not go quickly, but if it does and you're doing 30mph down a hill, then ouch.

Unless more than a quarter of the spokes were damaged i doubt it

i bent almost a quarter once after coming off a rail, rim smashed into the end of it.

Rode on it like that for a good 3 months until i landed directly on it one day and it bent to the point it got stuck against the frame lol
Trust me, once one goes, it'll start to go pearshaped pretty quickly. That was on a road bike however, but if you're riding a bike in that condition then I'd hate to see the condition of the rest of it, you're rear mech must be bent, the chain will be rusted, thats what I'd guess.
gonna get a new bike once i get payed, i decided to do the stupid thing and take out the derailleur and just use the bike on one gear, i took links out the chain and put it on the gears i wanted it in but the chain has managed despite being very tight to jump onto a bigger cog on the back so it now doesnt move at all.

Amatuer mistake but it was a temporary fix that i know would have sheared the gears off the hub cos my cousins did it.

Oh well, been nothin but trouble since i got it, got knocked off it within a week of having it so time for a new one i guess. I like the Scott Voltage but the only one thats a sensible price with disks is orange.
My bike is lime green

Genesis Core 30 if you want to look, can't fault it yet. It does whatever I'm comfortable with, buts its £800. That might be a bit too much, that might be loose change to you, but I know it was a years earnings for me.
-
-
I remember why I went with single speed now. none of this hassle
the Scott Voltage i want they do it with no gears but i dunno how that is geared, because if its like riding round in 2nd gear on a bike with gears then its gonna be annoying
Single speeds will tend to be a gear that you must always turn, and can't freewheel. It takes a bit of getting used to, and if you do try and freewheel, you are very likely to end up going over the bars. Stopping is as easy as a bit of back-pressure on the pedals, but make sure you're sprocket at the rear is tight otherwise this might loosen it off, and you might freewheel after all, and now with no way to stop. Some bikes do have brakes for road use though, but it will still take quite a bit of extra distance for slowing, and I recommend pedals and cleats for this.

Of course, this can be disregarded if the rear wheel has a freewheel hub and sprocket.

Acceleration is a bit harder as its a gear for speed too. It would be a bit like starting a car in 3rd. Takes a bit to get going, but once you're away, you can trundle along at a fair speed.

Maintenance is a lot simpler, theres less mechanical parts to break. They are, of course, cheaper due to the lack of components but as they are becoming "fashionable" for commuters so prices are going up a bit.

Whatever you choose to do with your bike, make sure it fits though, and its right for you. But most importantly, enjoy it.
hmmm thinking about it although i do ride my bike pretty quick i still freewheel quite a lot to get my breath back and the Scott Voltage is a dirt bike apparently so i will most likely get the one with gears although thats £400 with no disc brakes which imo is silly, £400 bike these days should have disc brakes
yeah i was considering another make of bike but tbh Scott has served me well and i think the reason this one broke is because the wheel is bent quite a bit which i didnt realise, and then the derallieur getting caught just finished it off.

I really like the Scott Voltage because its the same sort of frame ive got at the moment and i like the paint scheme and design on them
If you do jump ship then I'd consider Specialized from personal experience, and Kona seems a popular make, but Scott is a good and respected brand, so I doubt you would be making a mistake with them.
its good because Scott bikes are bright colours and round where i live everybody just has the normal stuff so black or silver and normal makes that you get from local Halfords (Apollo).

Not too sure about the orange one lol its nice but really orange? maybe the light blue Voltage or the white one
Well went and bought a GT Chucker XS1 09 today the white one and its got discs good forks and looks awesome in white with white wheels
u get it from halfords?

£399 atm incase u paid more
yeah i did haha, its a really nice bike and according to a few bike nuts i know very good aswell and in store today it was meant to be £499 but they put it down to the online price cos of having to have it off the shop floor even though it was in perfect nick. So pleased with it, looks a lot better and feels a lot better than my old Scott
So after banging on about how lovely Scott bikes are, you got a GT. Nice :P

Well a £500 should be pretty good, and a nice build too, and seeing as its £100 off, even better.

Also, show models are usually built properly to show them off and make them more desirable, rather than slight half-assed jobs round the back of the shop, and any small dings or scratches that are there now, you'll just add to them in 6 months and it won't make a slight bit of difference. In fact, less paint = lighter = faster!

Repairable or not?
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG