The online racing simulator
Stupid question? [SOLVED!]
(5 posts, started )
I do run servers from time to time using LFSlapper and we have a great time comparing and archiving drift scores. LFSlapper has a prepared script that allow you to display a "Welcome" message where the host can point out certain rules and other important issues. Works terrific!

BUT, where do I set the short info that can be displayed while a guest is connecting. There is usually a box/window of a brief introduction as the host is contacted and set up.

Anybody can direct me to this simple feature?

Filename?
Location?
Content?

Cheers!
In your server's setup.cfg, find:
// optional: welcome message up to 200 chars
//welcome=welcome.txt

Uncomment (i.e remove one slash, but only from the //welcome) the file path and create a file named welcome.txt, fill it with up to 200 characters.
Many thanks morhpa!

But where do I find this file? There is no "setup.cfg" in my LFS folder. Which file do I edit? Or where do I create a new one?

Cheers
I assumed you were running a dedicated server for this, but it should work for the client integrated one as well, simply using it as command. Create the welcome.txt, start the host and type /welcome=welcome.txt
Thanks, I'll try that!
-----------------------------------------------
SOLVED
-----------------------------------------------
I can of course type /welcome=welcome.txt within LFS everytime I start a server, but how do I call the welcome-text automatically everytime I start a host? (client or dedicated)
In the command doc it says you can start a host with a commandline, but how?

I cant find any setup.cfg or .txt in my LFS folder, only the hostxxxxx.txt is generated while hosting, then it is removed (+guest.txt etc)

Grateful for any help!
Cheers!

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG