The online racing simulator
Andrews Motorsports Seeks Sponsorship
Hi all!

I have been given a fantastic opportunity to test drive a V8 Supercar again this year, and it will be happening in the next couple of months. The team is Jay Motorsport, and they are a top team in the Fujitsu V8 series.

Unfortunately, we are very very tight on budget and I won't be able to afford the relatively cheap ($5,000 for this test, usually they are $10k +). We will have to miss one of my championship rounds in Commodore Cup to take on this opportunity, even then I will still fall slightly short.

I know that this is a real long shot, and I totally understand how hard it is to get sponsorship as I've been trying for a while. I have succeeded a couple of times, but the sums that the businesses and I agreed on aren't exactly what you'd call 'season savers', to be blunt.

The Commodore Cup national series I run at the moment is televised and also nationally recognized, but in reality it has nothing on the coverage, press and media attention that the V8's get.

I'm still hoping to be in a Fujitsu V8 Supercar by 2011, I have not given up on that dream yet. Obviously once I get there the sponsors will get more advertising for their business, and therefore be willing to spend more money with us as a team.

What I am searching for is if anybody in here owns a big company or knows someone who does, who are willing to dip their toes in a new way of marketing their business with myself, and Andrews Motorsport. If you know of anyone please let me know, either drop me a pm or you can email me @ scott.andrews _at_ andrewsmotorsport.com

Thanks in advance, and thankyou for taking the time to read this.

Kind Regards,

Scotty
Good luck Scott, I hope you will find some monays.
Scott, rare people will never get a chance to drive V8 supercar, you have been makeing awesome job, and im sure that you will found sponsors
Can't help you, sorry, but best of luck anyway
lol, James
Write something in your local paper?

Have you asked Fuji?
Thanks guys, I knew it would be a long shot but you never get an answer if you don't ask the question

Fujitsu sponsor the series and a few main game V8 cars, I doubt they'd want to sponsor me as well - but they are on the list to be contacted!!
I'll sponsor you bredz, how much do you want? I have about $2m here doing nothing.
Ah, if only I'd be filthy rich, money grew on trees and I had a couple of extra grand.. Let's hope you find the greens, what's bank security like in Australia
GL Scott, but contact different people, thats the way to get sponsors IMO
Keep contacting people Scott and you're bound to find someone willing to sponsor you.

Good luck, you deserve the opportunity.
hmm... if lfs sponsors you, would we get all tracks and your car??? I mean let's pay all 15€ for S3, the money goes to you and we get the tracks and the V8 Supercar that would be an awsome deal...

good luck! I also think you deserved it to get into it!
Quote from TFalke55 :hmm... if lfs sponsors you, would we get all tracks and your car??? I mean let's pay all 15€ for S3, the money goes to you and we get the tracks and the V8 Supercar that would be an awsome deal...

good luck! I also think you deserved it to get into it!

And the devs get what?
More Australian players.
Quote from zeugnimod :More Australian players.

who buy the whole, S1-S3 license and not just an upgrade which means: Huge Win of Money *runs and hides*
Quote from TFalke55 :who buy the whole, S1-S3 license and not just an upgrade which means: Huge Win of Money *runs and hides*

Huge win of money that goes to Mr. Andrews for his sponsorship as you stated, so what do the devs get besides more Australian players (thanks Zeug)?

Unless you are saying that when the Aussies have to buy S1-S3 that the devs get the money from S1 and S2 and Scott gets the S3 money. Then the devs will get a whopping 2,400 pounds for the 100 Australians that bought S1-2, while the man needing sponsorship gets a measley 150,000 pounds for the 10,000 S3 licenses he just sold.
I can't help you with sponsorship, my firm only has one outlet in the Australian market. What I can do is offer a little advise.

Don't think conventionally. Sponsorship is nothing at all about putting a name on the car. Viewers are saturated with that stuff anyway and sponsors know it.

One of my suppliers take their best customers to Le Mans every year with paddock passes. It's an incentive to be a really good retailer for them, sure they have their name on a car and stuff - but it's not about that, it's about what they can offer their retailers. I don't know the full ins and outs of their deal with the team they sponsor, but it's not a straight deal of putting their name on the car in exchange for money.

Very few "brands" benefit their brand from motorsport sponsorship, brand advertising only works for the biggest 100 or so companies in the world. The rest are using AIDA or a variant thereof (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action) to do their marketing, and you need to do the same.

You need to follow the same strategy to "sell" your products too, and you need to be inventive with the products you are offering.

Take sponsors out for a test drive in a track car (it does not need to be your race car). Imagine how much fun it is to be taken around a race track by a professional racing driver, and then get a handful of laps with your tuition.

Take part in company do's, motivational speaking (how did you get to where you are) at the shareholders meeting, corporate hospitality days at go kart tracks, signed posters for their reception area. A decalled up car for a trade show (even if you have to change all the decals just for the show).

All of these and many more are products you can sell at grossly inflated prices if you get their attention, tweak their interest, appeal to their desire and call them to action.

The best advise I can give you is to read books on marketing, by understanding the product you are selling and to learn how to sell it.

Motorsport sponsorship is all about marketing, and a racing driver who manages themself needs to understand the industry inside out, because you not only have to market yourself - but you have to market yourself to marketeers.

I would recommend starting with Seth Godin books.

They'll help your career more than your ability to drive, because as i'm sure you have learned by now, talent doesn't get you anywhere in motorsports. Money gets you into the series, talent just helps you finish 1st instead of 3rd.
Well Done Scott on your first Commodore Cup race win, that should help your cause

Andrews Motorsports Seeks Sponsorship
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG