The online racing simulator
seeking advice to tune the setup plz
hello fellow racers and LFS fans, i make this threat to ask for a lil help plz : IRL i drive & drift with a 325i E30 (old school powa ) with 100% locked diff. my problem is i dont manage to tune one of the rwd cars in game to be as close as possible in handling as my real car 1) the locked diff makes my hole car shake when driving slowly into a corner, but not in the game 2) i manage to easily spin the rear wheels out even up to 3rd gear, again not in the game ! also i dont have much problems keeping the wheels spinning in 2nd due to the locked diff. , in gmae however i have the feeling the wheels stops spinning way faster/easier. (even with rear tyres at 4 bar) 3) IRL i manage to drift a lil bit, and i can say it feels quite easy to keep some angle specialy on wide open places, in game i dont even manage to make 1 complete turn around the skidpad so if you have an idea what im doing wrong or what i could improve plz let me know ! also what can i do to tune the car to behave more like an E30 ? i have tried with my own setups and some "drift" setups from here with the same results. i use a g25 with FF set somewhere between 40-140 (depending on my mood but for drifting its closer to 40 ) thnx edit: wtf ? where are my spaces and paragraphs !?
Totally agree :/ Im sure there are better ones out there.
Well first off there is not a single car in LFS that is anything like an BMW 3 series. The closest thing in power and weight is the XRT but that vehicle has a completely different suspension setup. McPherson strut (XRT) vs double wishbone (BMW 3 Series). But any car can be made to drift, you just have to know how vehicle dynamics work.
hello,
sry for the late response, i was quite busy the last days.
thnx for the setups, i tested some of them but still dont quite get the feeling im looking for out of them.
i manage to get closer to what im looking for with the "steeringlock mod" but its still not quite that.

Quote :you just have to know how vehicle dynamics work.

unfortunaly i dont realy do can you point me in the direction to make the cars way less "snapy" (by snapy i mean that the cars dont swing back so violently in the opposite direction).
post your setup and il try to make it do the things you described, i cant really explain because i need to know what you have right now
for the e30 you will probably be better off just using the xrt, the rac is just exotic in many many ways and is not ideal for creating a street car setup, even if it is tuned.

and what exactly are you looking for so i can try to help?
as said the ideal for me would be to have the XRT or RAC to behave as similar as possible to my e30.

i find all the cars in-game are very "snapy".
with "snapy" i mean the cars jump back in the opposite direction very violently. i guess it must have something to do with the springs but i dont manage to tweak them right

another problem is with the XRT i dont have this "step on it & start spin around " as realistic as i like/ e30 like.
i have to help the XRT to start spin at lower speeds with a feint or the handbrake to get the tail spin, not with the RAC.
else maybe the GT version would be good but it doesnt have the H-shifter .
ok i have come up with a set for the xrt that is what i believe to be what you want. the tire physics dont allow for there to be bouncing in the setup when there is no slippage, so you have to settle without that.

try it out and tell me what you think
Attached files
XRT_stiffy.set - 132 B - 1003 views
thnx ill give it a try and post a feedback tomorrow !
hi,

i just wanted to apologize that i havent posted before but i was pretty busy again .
on a quick try it felt indeed better, ill try it more out this week-end !
take your time, and tell me if you need any improving
im here to help

seeking advice to tune the setup plz
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG