The online racing simulator
Looking for a netbook
(6 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
Looking for a netbook
Netbook, mini laptop, whatever they call them these days.

I am after a netbook, but dont know which one to buy. I thought i would come here as i know alot of people here are smart when it comes to technology.

So really a simple question, and i have checked reviews etc, but wanted to see what the people here have to say.

Clearly, what is the best netbook out at the moment or will be comming out in the next say max, 1month from now.

Price is not a problem, just after the best performing and quality netbook.

Thanks.
#2 - Jakg
What is you want, exactly?

The "best" is the Samsung N510 (in terms of specs, at least), but there are others with longer battery lives / larger screens / thinner dimensions etc.

You really need to give more detail.

EDIT - Scratch the N510 is has the N280 as a pose to the N450. Still need more detail tho.
Well, he says the best performing and quality netbook, so I guess he wants the fastest Netbook.
#4 - aoun
Hmm...

More practical i guess..

Something with a good graphics/video card.
good memory
good processor.

More phased on the performance and how much it can handle. Not fussed about a big screen, if i wanted a big screen i would have planned on an actual laptop.

Ive been looking at the alienware x11 or whatever its called. That seems more high end than most.. but what do you guys think of that? or should i stay away from alienware..?
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Bose321 :Well, he says the best performing and quality netbook, so I guess he wants the fastest Netbook.

But theres much more than "fastest". The fastest netbooks are usually 12", whereas some people prefer 10". Some people like something thinner or lighter, some love the higher resolution some offer etcetcetc.

It's like saying "i want a car". "The fastest car". Fastest to what, 60? 100? 1/4 mile? Round the 'ring? Across a desert? AutoX?
Quote from aoun :Hmm...

More practical i guess..

Something with a good graphics/video card.
good memory
good processor.

More phased on the performance and how much it can handle. Not fussed about a big screen, if i wanted a big screen i would have planned on an actual laptop.

Ive been looking at the alienware x11 or whatever its called. That seems more high end than most.. but what do you guys think of that? or should i stay away from alienware..?

...so you dont want a netbook (i.e. something with a single-core Atom in it), you actually want an ultramobile laptop?

In which case (and only if we totally ignore value for money here), Alienware are ok.

You say you want "good". What would you like to do? is this for basic games 'n shizzle, or will you want Crysis on the move? Or are you just looking for something "not slow" for work etc?

You've said "no budget" but I doubt you'd want a $3000+ machine... so how much did you actually want to spend?
#6 - aoun
Haha ok, well if these computers go up to $3000 then we have abit of a budget then.

Max to spend $1500AUD.

Ive just discovered ultra mobile laptops and i see the difference between them and a netbook. I see netbooks are more just for everyday uses in a compact device, very handy etc. the ultra mobile laptops are more like a PC in a mini laptop, which is more what im after.

Im after something with Crysis on the move (if you said that as exageration, i get what your saying and its what im after, but not litrally after something that high end). Top graphics cards, perfect with multimedia and can handle a shit load of memory etc.

Buy good, i ment better than good. The best you can get for my budget.

But then you say theres all types.. I dont really know i guess.. Maybe you could recomend the best for that budget and what im after with my description. Appreciate your help Jakg!

Looking for a netbook
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG