The online racing simulator
Driving Force Pro Question
Hi Ho!

Got myself a DFP today Its a good wheel, but im not 100% happy with it just yet. Obviously it has its two rotation modes, 900 and 180? Which suck, i cant really get to grips with either, so can i knock it down to like 450? Ive got the Wingman profiler installed, all works fine (Some issues with Server 2003/Compatibilty mode for installer @ Win2000) and i go into ControlPanel/Game Devices/Settings and i see 'Degrees of rotation' so i set that to 450, and in LFS i still have full 900 or 180, depending on which i set it to? Ive googled for a while, but my interweb is seriously cacky tonight, so how can i resolve this?
Someone else will be along to help you with your problem, sorry I don't have a DFP.

I just popped on here to exclaim "OMG!!! Rooble got himself a wheel!!!" Now all you need to do is get the license and your set .

Incase you don't remember me, I'm NightHawk from the "name changing" CRC demo server, LOL. Now that patch U is out, I don't "slum" around in the demo servers anymore. Get a license, I miss racing with ya, and we need some more folks on in the evenings our time. You'd fit right in with some of the folks over here in the golden land of S2 .
does my sig help?
Nope Ive already been there, or perhaps im confused on the rotation thing itself?

If i set it too 500 degrees rotation... Will the wheel lock @ 500? Will it still continue to rotate? It seems i get all the rumble in the jungle, but drifting isnt possible, i need todo 2.5 rotates to get lock, so eh? Still wrong?

I might buy a licence in a minute :O

Got a licence now!
Lol, here's me in the middle of a huge essay on the joys of DFP ownership, when all i had to say was, go find Gabkicks.

(i had diagrams and everything yunno :grumpy: )

[edit] If you move the top slider to the rotation you're after, and more or less match it with the setting in Wingman then the wheel somehow magically rotate's only to that degree, at least it does on mine, but don't ask me how (it's all witchcraft and black art's)

[edit2] and below is the man who understands witchcraft and black art's
The wheel only locks when you set it to either 200 or 900 degree mode. When you manually set the max lock via profiler it will only resist turning further by FF.

*Edit* Congrats for the license, see ya on the track.
Thanks for the input lads! But i kinda hate the FF :schwitzo i have to have FF on to restrict it too 500? It also doesnt feel like 500? Drifting still seems a task!
Sorry to say, but FF is the only way restricting the lock when you change it manually, unless you want to start opening the wheel and building some kind of locking mechanism by yourself.

Drifting on DFP sure is a challenge and there is only one way to learn it - practice. You should first learn proper drifting on 270 degrees (if you haven't already) and then step on to 720 degrees which is the same amount of lock that LFS road cars use, which means your DFP wheel turns in 1:1 ratio as the ingame wheel.
As far as i'm aware, you dont have to have FF on to get the 500 degree rotation, personally i use between 5-15% FF when racing, and 900 rotation, but i never need more than about 200 degree's when racing.
And yeah, i've also had a problem getting the hands synchronized (1:1) with a lower rotation setting, but it is possible with a bit of jigging about.

BTW, Welcome to the Club, Tristan will be along presently to show you the S2 hacksaw handshake

[edit] too slow again.

Just to recap, Matrixi is correct, at eg 500 degree's the lock is set by the motor, it just feels a bit wooly at the point of lock, but you can still turn off FF without it affecting the rotation.
i like the dfp force feedback with those settings seems very easy and natural to me.

welcome to lfs btw

the lowest ffb settings i use are 60% and i use up to 95% sometimes
Quote from Gabkicks :the lowest ffb settings i use are 60% and i use up to 95% sometimes

:jawdrop:
How the heck do you manage to pull that off? Even 50% force ingame is waaay overkill for me, no real life car has that resistful steering I've ever driven. Is your DFP starting to get worn and you need high FF because of it or something? I'd really like to know how some people manage to play on such high FF.
I use 100 in LFS and 100% in the Profiler with my DFP, no problems at all. In actual fact, unless I'm driving the FXR with its fat front slicks, I almost wish the FF was stronger.
It's not a wear thing...I've been using these settings since I got my DFP.

I always set my wheel rotation value to match the car I'm driving (remember to change the setting in the Profiler AND in LFS). For reference, these are the wheel locks the LFS cars use.

Road cars: 720 deg
GTR cars: 540 deg
Single-Seaters: 450 deg
MRT: 270 deg
Quote from Matrixi ::jawdrop:
How the heck do you manage to pull that off? Even 50% force ingame is waaay overkill for me, no real life car has that resistful steering I've ever driven. Is your DFP starting to get worn and you need high FF because of it or something? I'd really like to know how some people manage to play on such high FF.

i dunno.. i'm a really strong dude and i just like a heavy steering wheel i used around 100% when i 1st started using the wheel and it feels the same as it did when i bought it...i actually use less now than when i started (around 60%)

peeps i've trained with have always wondered why my grip is so freakishly strong... THANk you LFS
Quote from Rooble :i need todo 2.5 rotates to get lock, so eh? Still wrong?

wait a minute ... do you mean you have to go though the whol 900° to get to the point where you cant turn the wheel anymore or do you have to turn it 900° to go though the whole input range of the wheel ?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I use my dfp on 720 , 540(for GTR Cars) and 410 for bf1,fox and fo8
I personnaly find the DFP ff when "locked" at 720/900 to be more than suffucient and I only ever go past it if I purposly try to do so.
I suck at "drifting" but I can kick the back out and keep it controlled outta turn - need more practise
But if some1 would like to help good ol' s14 get a G25, you are all MORE than welcome to contribute to my "LFS G25 Fund", then please PM me

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG