The online racing simulator
Jay i can play S2 on cedega

oki the way:
build wine from cvs (i have build today)
remove old .wine on our home
run wine
copy .wine/system.reg to .transgaming
run lfs with licence on cedega
hm, ok, i checked system.reg if there is something in that looks like lfs registration infos, but didn't find anything, but you are right!
just copying over system.reg solves the problem, there must be a single entry which is the reason for that, but who cares anyway, finally it works

THANK YOU!
Well, i have exactly the same problem here. I can't unlock S2 on Ubuntu Dapper drake 6.06 with newst cedega. I even consulted the LFS programmers which couldn't really be bothered. I asked them of the specifics of the unlocking procedure, and they said that they were using no special systemcalls that could be subject to failure on Linux/Wine/Cedega... I now have the answer, _ SOME _ windows registrys are accessed during the unlock procedure, from what i can read in here. THANKS for pointing that out! Theres now a possibility that my $$ isn't wasted!
Quote from hazart :I even consulted the LFS programmers which couldn't really be bothered.

I think thats a grossly unfair statement, sorry. I apologise in advance if its a language thing, or you're just annoyed.

Like many, I prefer open and Free systems (hell, do a search I've ranted enough about it recently). However what can only be described as "having a go" at the developers for not supporting systems that were not designed to run the game, nor even tested (as far as I know), is a little unfair. Plus can you really blame them? Would you go to a VW dealer with a Volvo vehicle, to get the onboard computer checked out? Although they may have the right tools, its your own fault for doing it if it doesnt work.

I know the analogy is quite bad, but Scawen has mentioned that his experience with programming for unix derivatives is quite low. The fact that Wine / Cedega provide alternative implementation of Windows and other Windows-orientated API calls, that is constantly being developed, should indicate that the system will rarely be perfect, if ever work.

There were topics on this incidentally, you could've searched. Its what the forums are here for. Shall I not mention that you actually found this thread? I'm sure it wasn't difficult to do. It was probably quicker than contacting the dev's and getting a response back...

Should I also mention that Transgaming aren't particularly Open (in spirit and behaviour)? I believe there are significant issues with them passing code back up the tree to Wine, or not to be exact.

If you're using Dapper to ease your philosophical soul, then perhaps you should rethink your use of Transgaming's software, and Canonical's Ubuntu distribution in general.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG