The online racing simulator
LFS DEDI on Ubuntu
(11 posts, started )
#1 - IG.
LFS DEDI on Ubuntu
Hi all,

I've tried to lounch LFS dedicated server on ubuntu with tutorial written in this forum. So i've managed to lounch it through wine, everything's OK until I try to connect to game.
It shows me that game did not receive track info.
All ports (63392 etc.) are open, but....

So, does anyone know how to fix this problem or something like that?
I had that aswell, untill I fixed something, but to be honest, I'm not sure WHAT I fixed.
Yeah.. It would be cool if someone would tell how to do it...
Did you notice what t_a_a pointed out regarding certain routers?

Quote from the_angry_angel :
  • If you're on the same local network / have a route to the server, then try to connect to it via the LAN.
If you're running a server on your network always connect using the LAN IP, not the game browser list
Due to how some routers work you may not beable to connect into your server using the in-game list. This does not necessarily mean that it's not working. Get a friend to check the in-game list and use the LAN IP yourself. It will save you a lot of headaches.

Quote from felplacerad :Did you notice what t_a_a pointed out regarding certain routers?

well... Does that mean I can't connect to my own server if it's on the same system as LFS (which I play)?
If yes, then I can say, that I keep the LFS DEDI in VPS on the hosting company and I'm trying to connect via the different IP (on my PC), but still no result....
If the server is on your PC, connect using 127.0.0.1
If the server is on your LAN behind a NAT router (most consumer routers), connect using its LAN IP (192.168.x.x 10.x.x.x etc)
If the server is outside your LAN, connect using the server list.
I've said that it's not on my PC. I need to make it work for ubuntu....
So... nobody knows how?.. :/
I just BEG for some help..! I don't believe that nobody has ever managed to run LFS dedicated server on ubuntu... :/
Quote from IGNAS7 :I just BEG for some help..! I don't believe that nobody has ever managed to run LFS dedicated server on ubuntu... :/

Worked fine on Ubuntu 8.04 with Wine from repository last time I tried, so it must be something wrong on your end, probably your client can't see server (bad routing, bad server configuration) ...
And isn't there a tutorial for this somewhere in forum?
There is a tutorial which doesn't help me... I've tried to to do it step by step, different solutions and etc., but still no result. Error: "Didn't receive track info.". :/

LFS DEDI on Ubuntu
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG