The online racing simulator
Quote from DarkTimes :So it's OK to be reckless if what you are doing is inherently dangerous? If you're doing something risky, you should go out of your way to ensure the safety of others.

Driving side by side in the pitlane is not reckless, its is taking a risk but F1 is risk averse enough as it is, clashes are met with penalties.

And with pitlane limited speeds and only essential crew in the pitlane not particularly dangerous either, at least not a lot more than normal. There is always a chance that a driver gunning it out of his pit box will lose the back end and hit somebody, whether he is racing someone in the pit lane or not.

Infact if there was anything reckless about the whole affair, it was Vettel pushing Hamilton further to the right, beating the opponent out of the pitlane may well be a necessary move to win a race, whereas deliberately trying to push an opponent off the path and into danger is uneccesary and reckless.

IMO there should be enough room for two lanes in a pitlane, American style, so long as speed limits are obeyed then there will be no stupid arguments and penalties.
Quote from 5haz :Vettel was squeezing Hamilton uneccesarily in the pitlane, he was right over to the right of the fast lane. He even moved further over to the right, there was no need for that, if he'd of just driven the pitlane normally Hamilton would've got a penalty and he would've got off lightly.

Hamilton drove outside the pit entrance and then cut infront of Vettel, that is what he probrably got his penalty for (aside from the fact that he is Lewis Hamilton). :rolleyes:

Bah, safety rules have gone over the top, to the point where excitement is seen as dangerous.

Hamilton got a penalty? what about Alonso who did the exact same thing with massa?
Not really a penalty:

Quote from boothy :Both Hamilton and Vettell remprimanded for being a pair of tits

And it states there that it happened "in the pitlane" so it probably wasn't for the pit-entry.
I am re-watching the race.

GOSH JONATHAN IS REALLY ANNOYING! the guy just wont shut up.
He is WORSE than James. At least James had something interesting to say. Jonathan was playing "state the obvious".
They need a comentator who doesn't get ridiculously overexcited at every passing move, or who can convey excitement and enthusiasm without shouting like a drunken football fan "Yessssss get in therrrrrrrr".

Or they need a laid back type like James Hunt, experienced and never slow to give an opinion.

Quote from Kazu2799 :Hamilton got a penalty? what about Alonso who did the exact same thing with massa?

He drives a Ferrari now, remember.
Quote from Kazu2799 :Hamilton got a penalty? what about Alonso who did the exact same thing with massa?

It wasn't a penalty. He was reprimanded. In other words: "I'm going to let you go this time, but don't do it again, or you will get a real bollocking."
James Allen and Martin Brundle for ITV were imo the best duo ever, also somehow better than our german Sky commentators Jacques Schulz and Marc Surer.

I loved to watch f1 races broadcasted by ITV
there is an easy solution, just lick Anthony Davidson from the 5 live team...

Just watched the BBC post race forum (not from the red button XD). Martin Brundle called it perfectly regarding McLaren releasing Hamilton. When the McLaren dude lift the lollipop, Vettel was on the pit box right behind, and the lollipop man couldn't have seen him coming, because the Red Bulls and the McLaren lifted their lollipop almost at the same time.

Just that Vettel got a much cleaner acceleration off his box while Hamilton was spinning his wheels, that's what put Vettel in front. And in the end the reprimand was correct, McLaren didn't release Hamilton into the path of Vettel, although lifting off the throtle was always an option for Lewis (but there was nothing much wrong about going side by side with another car in the pit), and Vettel shouldn't have pushed Lewis towards the pit garages.

The stewards actually called to see both Alonso and Massa to have a chat about Alonso's pass on Massa in the pit entrance. No one know what they talked about through...

PS. Webber said that the Red Bull car this year doesn't work in the wet. And I think it will be for the same reason that they're so strong in qualifying (and the ride height issue).
Quote from JCTK :Just watched the BBC post race forum (not from the red button XD). Martin Brundle called it perfectly regarding McLaren releasing Hamilton. When the McLaren dude lift the lollipop, Vettel was on the pit box right behind, and the lollipop man couldn't have seen him coming, because the Red Bulls and the McLaren lifted their lollipop almost at the same time.

That's exactly what I thought happened - their pit boxes are right next to each other and you could see from the live feed that Hamilton's wheel-spin was all over the place. A bit naughty of Seb to push him towards the pit boxes though
Also the pit stop times were nearly identical. 4.7 for Lewis and 4.6 for Seb.
Quote from samjh :It wasn't a penalty. He was reprimanded. In other words: "I'm going to let you go this time, but don't do it again, or you will get a real bollocking."

And he was reprimanded for weaving last race. How many reprimands does it take to get a penalty?

OT: Are there trailer parks in the UK? I was under the impression that tornados only hit trailer parks. :P
Quote from Danke :And he was reprimanded for weaving last race. How many reprimands does it take to get a penalty?

OT: Are there trailer parks in the UK? I was under the impression that tornados only hit trailer parks. :P

I take reprimand means that you'll be penalised the next time you commmit to the SAME offence~
Quote from J@tko :That's exactly what I thought happened - their pit boxes are right next to each other and you could see from the live feed that Hamilton's wheel-spin was all over the place. A bit naughty of Seb to push him towards the pit boxes though

Which is why he got reprimanded also~

Good racers will do anything to win a battle as long as they think it stay (just) within the rules~
Quote from Danke :And he was reprimanded for weaving last race. How many reprimands does it take to get a penalty?

IIRC, reprimands etc incur penalty points on your competition licence? (They do in UK motorsport anyway) And once you get to a certain level of points, your licence is automatically taken away.

Well, the offence has to be identical, I think. Otherwise it makes no sense.

In Sepang, Hamilton was penalised for weaving on track. In Shanghai, it was for driving too close to the crew area (Vettel copped a reprimand too, for forcing him there).
Is really Schumacher that slow or Rosberg has a better car?
Quote from Mysho :Is really Schumacher that slow or Rosberg has a better car?

I didn't find a source in English at a quick glance, but http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/ ... kistot/f1/2010/04/1103023 says that Schumacher's rears have been wearing too quick. Mercedes suspect there's some sort of underlying fault in his car (but not in Rosberg's) and have built a new one for the ex-champion. There are so many changes from the old one, that it needs a new crash test.

I doubt Mercedes or Schumacher would admit at this point of the season that he's simply that slow
Nah, I bet Irvine or Brundle
As soon as I read it I could imagine Eddie Irvine saying it
Quote from Bean0 :As soon as I read it I could imagine Eddie Irvine saying it

This. The cuddle comment is just the sort he'd make.
I too would say Eddie, apart from the fact that apparently the driver wished to remain anonymous...as if Eddie was ever scared of voicing an opinion on something!!
Nah that's Rubens, he wouldn't miss an opportunity to put the boot in, he can't ****ing stand Michael Schumacher.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG