The online racing simulator
Multiview with network pcs
(10 posts, started )
Hi i am new to live for speed,and almost complete a new project ,i have 3 watercooled pcs all have same specs with gtx series card. Computer 1 is hooked up to triplehead2go and 3 projectors and in racing cockpit and working good finally. Computer 2 which is hooked up to two 15in dell monitors and already mounted on sides of cockpit would like to be rear view mirror or side view. and Computer 3 which is hooked up to two 20in dells to be the outside external view. I have all the equipment already including routers. I just need to know if this set up is possibly through network pcs or another route ,And how it can be done ,any and all help is appreciated .Also this set upwill be for off-line racing to made it easy THANK YOU MACKTRONICSTUDIOS
I can't see how you could possibly hook up another computer to show a view of both rear view mirrors. To be honest I fail to see any point in having the number 2 computer at all.

What comes to the rest or the question, if I understood it correctly, you simply need to set up one of the computers as the server and connect to it with the other. Or you could use the third computer to use as a dedicated server, whatever rocks your boat. But basically with computer #1 start with "multiplayer ->start new host". Then when the host is up get your command prompt (press windows key and r, type cmd, press enter), type ipconfig and press enter. You'll see the ip address of the (game) host computer. Then simply connect to that host with the other computer by going to "multiplayer -> join specific host -> local network" and type in the IP address to the IP address field.

And for the love of god learn some punctuation.
I like the way that you say you have set up all of this hardware, and then come along asking if you can do what you want. We might have been able to save you some time and money if you had asked first.

I've never felt the need to test this but I'm pretty sure you would not be able to connect to a server from more than one computer at the same time with the same account. To do what you want which is basically lots of monitors you would be better off with one machine with perhaps 5 screens running from 2 graphics cards.

It could have been a completely innocent question, and if so I apologise. However it seems like you were much more interested in mentioning multiple projectors and watercooled solutions and cockpits than anything else. It's not the hardware that counts, it's what you do with it on the track.
Oh, and I googled your name because to me your post really did seem like pseudo-advertising. Badly designed website, and it seems like NFS or whatever is much more your thing.
If you have 3 different lfs accounts, then on the other pc's you could simply join the same server and spectate your car, then use shift+u to get the views you want.
I do the same with 3-5 monitors and 3 pc for years and it works very very good (i-net too, very smooth without any big lags). Now i use 2 pc & 2 beamer. Its like living on Virtuality, especially when the horizontline tilts or you are in on 2 wheels.
Quote from jasonmatthews :If you have 3 different lfs accounts, then on the other pc's you could simply join the same server and spectate your car, then use shift+u to get the views you want.

A) Thats going to be expensive, however, if you have your own business and 3 pretty good sounding PCs then I doubt money is a problem right now.

B) That would hurt the internet speed quite a bit I'd imagine.

C) If you were to pit at any stage I could see it being a real pain having to go spectate your car again and realign the cameras, etc.
Realigning the cameras could be done via InSim, as well as selecting the same car the primary client is currently focused on.
Quote from piggy501 :A) Thats going to be expensive, however, if you have your own business and 3 pretty good sounding PCs then I doubt money is a problem right now.

B) That would hurt the internet speed quite a bit I'd imagine.

C) If you were to pit at any stage I could see it being a real pain having to go spectate your car again and realign the cameras, etc.

A) You seen his rig? a few more licenses is peanuts and the highest quality solution

B) Speccing uses hardly anything.

C) What morpha said
Quote from jasonmatthews :A) You seen his rig? a few more licenses is peanuts and the highest quality solution

B) Speccing uses hardly anything.

C) What morpha said

A) I know, I did say that money wouldn't be much of an object in this case, but I am meaning for other instances. For example, I could root out 2 other (slow) PCs but it doesn't mean I could afford a further £48 (or equivalent)

B) For me, it does :P Ugh, crappy interwebs

C) I wouldn't know, I'm no good with insim, but its good to know you can do that sort of stuff.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG