The online racing simulator
Backing up files.
(6 posts, started )
Backing up files.
Hey,

Well once i again i broke my lfs. This time i thought i'd stuff with some files, they r all broke and i didn't back them up. Where do i find all the files in data. Please help me, i don't want uninstall and reinstall because im on my last unlock. Any ideas thanks.
How do you break software?

Don't really understand your problem, but you could simply install it again and overwrite the files.

There is no need to unlock again unless you fkd the lfs.exe, but anyways, you'll never run out of unlocks - you have 3 every week.
Quote from JazzOn :(...) but anyways, you'll never run out of unlocks - you have 3 every week.

That's not entirely true. As I recall it you get 1 unlock every Friday up to a maximum of 3. So if he's completely out of unlocks now he'll get 1 the day after tomorrow.

As for whether or not he needs to unlock again after a reinstall (overwrite) I can't say. Come to think of it, I've never had to reinstall LFS.
#4 - amp88
Quote from nightojnr :Hey,

Well once i again i broke my lfs. This time i thought i'd stuff with some files, they r all broke and i didn't back them up. Where do i find all the files in data. Please help me, i don't want uninstall and reinstall because im on my last unlock. Any ideas thanks.

All files associated with LFS should be in your LFS directory (wherever you extracted/installed LFS to). The 'important' files (such as setups and skins) are all found within the data folder in your LFS installation. However, the easiest way to backup your LFS installation is just to copy the entire LFS folder to a backup medium (you can also compress it using WinZip/WinRAR/7Zip etc). Then if you need to restore it from backup you just copy the files across (and extract them if you need to) and you're back and running again.
To retrieve just the files you have overwritten, download lfs again, install it in a different location and copy the files you need over to your original install. As with the unlocks, I'm not sure also, but as long as the core lfs-files stay the same you shouldn't have to unlock again.

And yes, you get one unlock every friday up to 3. If you run out of unlocks, you can try mailing the devs here, explain your situation and hope to get another unlock.
I'm sure you can also lock all copies through lfs.net to return to 3 full unlocks.

Backing up files.
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG