The online racing simulator
Any dirt track racers/fans?
(43 posts, started )
Been a while since an update. We've recently been just saving money here and there to get some parts ordered. We're just now beginning to make legitimate progress on the car.

The frame is pretty much ready to be stripped and painted(Grabber Blue ). I just built a new from bumper and seat mounting brackets this weekend, so the frame is nearly complete. We've nearly got enough to order a few major parts we need(A couple front suspension pieces, fuel cell, radiator, etc.), and the body should be ordered shortly after the frame is painted.

I'm still working on the paint livery to be run. I just can't seem to get it perfect. Plenty of time still for that though. I suppose that's pretty much it for now. I'll post back with more progress soon hopefully. Until then, here's a pic of the new bumper. I finally got to put my newly acquired welding skills to some real use.

Cheers guys.

Spent the entire day cleaning, and priming the car. Tomorrow the paint goes on.
It looks great Falcon Good luck
good luck with the project
Quote from Falcon140 :

Spent the entire day cleaning, and priming the car. Tomorrow the paint goes on.

bah. powdercoat man. cheaper in the long run, and the quality is much better.

anyway. good luck. IMCA modifieds are the way to go. unless you get claimed too often.
Costs too much up front, and nobody close does it.
Looking good man, you know what track you're racing at?
Probably gonna check out a few around here. There's one close by but I'm not a big fan of it. There's a couple in North Florida that are close enough, and also a couple in Southern Mississippi. There's options
Long day, but she's painted.

nice!
dam i miss that part.....
Yea it's still pretty surreal. I can't wait to get it done though.
How's the rocket coming along?
I went to my first dirt race of the season this weekend, and I'm way up in NY. Must be almost time to hit the track down there I'd think.
It's coming along. Slowly but surely. It would be going a lot quicker if money wasn't so tight, but hey, that's life haha.

We're slowly building the body, and getting closer and closer. Pics will come when there's something to show.

Here's some pics.
Nice.
HEHE i just found this thread. Nice going man.keep it up and us updated. Make sure get some pics at the races too.
good luck with your project

EDIT: me and my dad might be rebuilding a dune buggy and its just like how this started out, if we decide to rebuild keep an eye out for my restoration thread

rusted inside and out, the body is maiinly fine, and most of what needs to be there is there, so it is worth it

Any dirt track racers/fans?
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG