The online racing simulator
#51 - JJ72
Quote from 5haz :its very sharp and cuts them to shreds too, like asbestos.

Keep the vocabulary simple for Blueflame eh, he hasn't yet pass Integrated science in fifth grade.
FFS Blueflame, are you REALLY that dumb?.

Read up about Speedbird 9, the BA 747 that flew through a cloud of volcanic ash in Indonesia.

Also, while you are at it, read about high altitude winds and jetstreams, the winds at 20'000 feet are NOTHING like the winds at ground level.
The volcano cloud has left a layer of volcano dust on cars and such, in west Denmark.
Attached images
18889202-a8d972d683da000442856372ba299b0d.jpg
My new girlfriend was due to fly to Amsterdam this morning, and the flight was still shown as scheduled until 2:30am, despite airspace being 'totally closed'. Was a very confusing period of conflicting reports. All sorted in the wee small hours though.

No point taking a chance on safety. Whilst I think this event has been blown up a bit out of proportion, I still think it's worth it.
I blame global warming
I blame the immigrants.
I blame slow development.
I blame grey squirrels.
im up in the northeast of scotland and its a beautiful day, no sulphur smells no coatings of ash or what not just clear skys, orkney and the shetlands had a coat of ash this morning supposidly and its expected to start falling to ground lever here later on today so god knows. Though i am looking forward to this sunset though!

Oh, and the problems with the engines are that the ash goes into the engines and due to the heat of the engines it then becomes a molten liquid which seeps into all the small cracks and pipes giving everything a nice coating and stopping the engines.

And yes, i have lack of grammar.
Quote from Joe93 :im up in the northeast of scotland and its a beautiful day, no sulphur smells no coatings of ash or what not just clear skys, orkney and the shetlands had a coat of ash this morning supposidly and its expected to start falling to ground lever here later on today so god knows. Though i am looking forward to this sunset though!

Oh, and the problems with the engines are that the ash goes into the engines and due to the heat of the engines it then becomes a molten liquid which seeps into all the small cracks and pipes giving everything a nice coating and stopping the engines.

And yes, i have lack of grammar.

Your knowledge of the reason why is it dangerous for an aircraft jet engine to ingest volcanic ash outweights the yourself acknowledged fact that you are lacking in the utilisation of proper grammar.
It's quite obviously Obama's fault.
There was none of this great clouds of ash business before he was elected.

Edit:

Also - http://www.ilmavoimat.fi/index.php?id=1149

Pics of damage to plane engines from a jet that was in the air before the airspace was closed.
(Courtesy of #liveforspeed)
nice find beano, now all you have to do is translate .
Quote from Thunderhead :Your knowledge of the reason why is it dangerous for an aircraft jet engine to ingest volcanic ash outweights the yourself acknowledged fact that you are lacking in the utilisation of proper grammar.

I was going by the report on BBC, they were interviewing some aircraft dude and thats what he said so yeah meh doesnt affect me either way.

And flame as you will, grammar does my head in!
Well I've rebooked for late May now, I can't keep putting it back a day at a time as I've other things going on just after I was supposed to get back. So sadly Duthland - the Germany that Germany didn't want - will have to wait another month for me.

I really needed a break too, another month of daily grind to get through.

What's the odds that next time I can't fly due to a swarm of locusts?
Quick Update : Ryanair announces the cancellation of all scheduled flights to and from the UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Holland, northern France, northern Germany, Poland and the Baltic states until 1300BST on Monday.

source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8624464.stm
#70 - 5haz
Is it just me that thinks this is getting blown out of proportion, if this was a major explosive eruption with giant mount Pinatuabo style ash emissions I could understand the complete closure of massive areas of airspace. The quentities of ash released so far from Iceland are nothing like the eruption that affected BA flight 9 (Explosivity Index: 4). Is there really dangerous quantities of ash within most of the closed zone?
maybe this pic helps people understand the ash in the engine?

Is that image from the Daily Mail? Surprised there's not a footnote blaming Teh Foreigns.
probably a double page spread it would of been in the main article
Quote from TiJay :Is that image from the Daily Mail? Surprised there's not a footnote blaming Teh Foreigns.

The forum has already blamed: Global Warming, Thatcher, Slow Development of LFS, Immigrants, Grey Squirrels, Obama and the Unions.

Any more for the list?
Quote from TiJay :Is that image from the Daily Mail? Surprised there's not a footnote blaming Teh Foreigns.

wow your quick, considering image info says daily mail lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG