The online racing simulator
Last entry withdrawn, second, and probably worse entry here. Not final.

Preview:

Full in attachment.
Attached images
lfs_000000333.jpg
Quote from 5tag :
It almost hurts me when for a screenshot editing competition a five minute copy&paste job is being favorised and cheered on. It's neither neat nor inventive. On top of it the focus is not on the FZ50.

Somehow I am sorry but I had to say this.

+1
No offence but skippers work can be done by anyone.

Lynce does all his work the professional way, never uses external photos taken by others. He does everything himself. It's the hardest, the most time consuming and the only right way. imo.
Quote from Tazka :+1
No offence but skippers work can be done by anyone.

Well, show me a minimum five works, from five different people, the same level!
Which sit at this forum
Quote from 5tag :It almost hurts me when for a screenshot editing competition a five minute copy&paste job is being favorised and cheered on. It's neither neat nor inventive.

Sad, but true.

Its depends on the voters; but then again its their vote and they can vote for whatever one that catches their eye.

Last week there were couple of fantastic examples from macsy, JO53PS and JazzOn. They've worked their magic and worked on the original LFS screenshot.

For example, using my limited GIMP editing skills I cut out a FXO and pasted on someone elses photograph. If I were to try and add blur/dust to a LFS screenshot it would've gone horribly wrong. I did what I did (which was within the rules) and the voters liked it.

So...

Quote from 5tag :
On top of it the focus is not on the FZ50.

It dosent have to be; so skiper's entry is fine. Rules allow you to focus on the FZR (as long as you have a FZ5 in the shot).

PS: I wanted to go for a FZ5 ONLY theme; but that might've reduced the number of entries. Then again if I said FZ5 or FZR, this competition would've been swarmed with racing FZRs.

Edit:

Quote from Tazka :
It's the hardest, the most time consuming and the only right way. imo.

Are you suggesting that we either do it Lynce's way or not take part at all? (As in not submitting a "5 min copy&paste job")
Quote from Silverracer :Are you suggesting that we either do it Lynce's way or not take part at all? (As in not submitting a "5 min copy&paste job")

I interpret "Photomode Competition" as a competition to make LFS look photorealistic, not to combine it with actual photographs. From my point of view, only genuine LFS screenshots should be used and enhanced to account for motion blur, depth of field, chromatic aberration, vignetting and whatever characteristics you can think of that make a photograph a photorgraph.
Quote from morpha :I interpret "Photomode Competition" as a competition to make LFS look photorealistic, not to combine it with actual photographs.

Hopefully the rules will be changed by next round and completely restrict using other sources...

If possible add your reply >>here<<, and we'll try to keep this thread clear.
Well, guys, so that we didn't have any uncertainties like this, make the rules EXACT by the next round.
Like the following type:
DO NOT put LFS elements into real photograph.
DO NOT use any real photo details in LFS screenshots.

That's because there are indistinct and uncertain instructions in your rules. Is that so diffictul to think a little bit harder at least once and make the rules more specific?
Quote from skiper :Well, guys, so that we didn't have any uncertainties like this, make the rules EXACT by the next round.
Like the following type:

That's because there are indistinct and uncertain instructions in your rules. Is that so diffictul to think a little bit harder at least once and make the rules more specific?

You could post the original picture, Skiper.

5tag got a point, no? It's like people posting 3 screenshots of 'private' skins in image tags that get quoted for no reason... it's so superficially
just my 2 centz ^^

PS: btw, kudos to you Silverracer and interesting theme (unfortunatly Lynce smashed any competition ;D)
Quote from skiper :Well, guys, so that we didn't have any uncertainties like this, make the rules EXACT by the next round.
Like the following type:

There isn't any uncertainties:
"You may incorporate external non-LFS images into your work, but you MUST give a link to any images used."
This clearly allows you to use non-LFS images. It's just that some people think that you shouldn't. Personally I think the rules are fine as they are.
Quote from skiper :

Quote :
  • No renders or old images to be used and NO VOB MODS
  • You may incorporate external non-LFS images into your work, but you MUST give a link to any images used.
  • You MUST NOT use any LFS screenshot material that does not belong to you.

I fail to see how this is not specific
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
#62 - 5tag
Quote from skiper :Well, show me a minimum five works, from five different people, the same level!
Which sit at this forum

I guess ten of them already posted here...
I don't like using more external image than LFS but that is not the point. You could have positioned the FZR so it doesn't look out of perspective (see front wheel and spoiler), you could have added other wheels that look a little more like GT Racing, you could have changed colours of the car, the sky, the curbs whatever, you didn't even think of just letting the FZR drive the other way but no: It's just the same image like before only with the FZR, FZ5 added and a little less colour saturation.
Sorry. I'm not good at English, I must have misunderstood something. Why I offered it that way? Because some wise guys think that to make a real photo look in LFS style or to make LFS screenshot photorealistic is as quick as "5 minute copy-paste job", and basing it upon their opinion they want to forbid such actions.
Quote from 5tag :I guess ten of them already posted here...
I don't like using more external image than LFS but that is not the point....

Could, at this forum at me ten images of pure screenshots from LFS
But this time I have wanted to make so.
-
(skiper) DELETED by skiper : 12121
#64 - 5tag
Quote from skiper :Sorry. I'm not good at English, I must have misunderstood something. Why I offered it that way? Because some wise guys think that to make a real photo look in LFS style or to make LFS screenshot photorealistic is as quick as "5 minute copy-paste job", and basing it upon their opinion they want to forbid such actions.

Could, at this forum at me ten images of pure screenshots from LFS
But this time I have wanted to make so.

I honestly don't understand anything of that. I am criticising you picture because it looks boring and a bit cheap to me. I have the feeling you have not put much effort both thinking and working on that picture.
For me that has not so much to do with the rules discussion.

I listed examples of things you could have changed. If you did some things like that the rules discussion would still be focused on you but I would not criticise you for entering a lame edit.
-
(Lynce) DELETED by Lynce
Quote from 5tag :I find it sad how short minded people are... as if Lynce's and skiper's entries were equal somehow.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of his fanboys and I don't like half of what Lynce does but that is a matter of taste. Fact is that it's always high quality and that he's putting very much effort into his work. Thus if anything he does with LFS would be a competition he should win many of them in my opinion because I don't like half his work but taste is not fair.

It almost hurts me when for a screenshot editing competition a five minute copy&paste job is being favorised and cheered on. It's neither neat nor inventive. On top of it the focus is not on the FZ50.

Somehow I am sorry but I had to say this.

I like a lot your comment.

You remind me to Devildare. I love his comments. I disagree with him many times but I am very interested. In fact, his comments seem to me essential to whatever I do. In addition he is sincere, like you. It is interesting to hear/read all points of view and comments as yours.

Anyway, I have the same opinion. The technique of "cut and paste" is not very artistic. Is poor in development because it is limited. Only works on the point you want to replace and nothing else. Personally I don't like to make it. But that is my opinion. (I made that type of pics in some time). That helps to increase the realism of the photo in this concrete case (Car from lfs shot above the real photo).

I do not mean that a person, for making such pictures, is a bad photoshop artist. I think Spyker, although limited in some aspects (motion blured, radial blur of the wheels on oblique angles), is very good at what he does. I love the blur effect of heat from his photos.

For me, the picture is good, but the suspension left is slightly up on the suspension right. The car is leaning to the right side. Or at least, it seems when you see the front grill. If he uploads the real pic, for me is valid.

@Tazka. If you participate, you kill everybody. Even JJ72.

Thanks for the comments respect to my entry.
Quote from 5tag :I honestly don't understand anything of that. I am criticising you picture because it looks boring and a bit cheap to me. I have the feeling you have not put much effort both thinking and working on that picture.
For me that has not so much to do with the rules discussion.

I listed examples of things you could have changed. If you did some things like that the rules discussion would still be focused on you but I would not criticise you for entering a lame edit.

Ok, I agree, the edit is lame. I hope the rules don't forbid lamers to participate?
OMG! You guys are a bit weird. Is that jealousy or what? Who cares if he cut&pasted the screen shot. He never said, his picture is any better than Lynce's + he never even said, that his picture is good at all. Nobody said that, then why are you making this crap?

The voting hasn't started yet, how can you know that everyone likes Skiper's picture more than Lynce's picture?

This competition is not made to fight for how long and how much effort was put into the pictures. Lynce has been doing this for a long time, many people are not as good as him and they try their best as they can. The most important is that picture looks good and neat and it fits the theme well, and not for how long it was done and how much effort was put in it. Everyone has their own taste.

Now I'm scared to enter with my picture, because everyone will start blaming me for using different background picture.
andRo just made some good words
If each round's thread is gonna become a big punch up I won't bother running the competition
:chairs:
Maybe it is spring fever.
#72 - 5tag
Quote from skiper :Ok, I agree, the edit is lame. I hope the rules don't forbid lamers to participate?

Of course that would be absolute nonesense. I was just having a go at people that think Lynce got some opponent with you.

Quote from andRo. :OMG! You guys are a bit weird. Is that jealousy or what? Who cares if he cut&pasted the screen shot. He never said, his picture is any better than Lynce's + he never even said, that his picture is good at all. Nobody said that, then why are you making this crap?

Quote from aoun :Now thats a car showcase!

Quote from tinky winky :oh my gosh.. new wallpaper!

Quote from speed1230 ::faint2:
Look out Lynce, he's got some skills there

Quote from andRo. :Skip, that looks faking awesome. Remove the number plates and it will be even better.

Quote from e2mustang :aiight lets close this. and the winner is ! :skiper !

Quote from MMMaaaXXX :Oh my! :jawdrop:

Quote from DevilDare :Killer.... :eye-poppi

Quote from jrd.racer :Nice thunderhead, but...............Amazing work skiper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 new desktop background here.

Quote from andRo. :The voting hasn't started yet, how can you know that everyone likes Skiper's picture more than Lynce's picture?

I never said that. I was just pointing out how people like it generally.

Quote from andRo. :This competition is not made to fight for how long and how much effort was put into the pictures. Lynce has been doing this for a long time, many people are not as good as him and they try their best as they can.

I never said it was the only neccessary thing but the amount of effort is an important part of my criteria.

Quote from andRo. :The most important is that picture looks good and neat and it fits the theme well

One point for looking good, no point for looking neat and a half point for fitting the theme well equals 50%. Imagine you're in school, should somebody be cheered on seriously for getting ~50% in a test?

Quote from andRo. :Everyone has their own taste.

I already pointed out that in my opinion taste should not be a valid criterium to rate anything in any kind of competition.

Quote from andRo. :Now I'm scared to enter with my picture, because everyone will start blaming me for using different background picture.

You don't seem to understand me the way I would want you to. I'm not flaming entries but people's reactions on them.
But those reactions were even before Lynce posted his picture. Look at the reaction from Lynces picture?! And skipers picture does look very good. No matter, that he used different background or anything else, it fits the theme. So, no wonder why everyone liked it.

Anyway, I don't really care, just stop making a mess here at the topic and argue via PM.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
Quote from andRo. :FINAL ENTRY!

Preview
HIGH-RES
Original picture

"Anyway, I have the same opinion. The technique of "cut and paste" is not very artistic. Is poor in development because it is limited. Only works on the point you want to replace and nothing else".

Now I see I'm wrong. My most sincere apologizes.

Amazing as usual.

Cheers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG