The online racing simulator
Skin upload in-game
(6 posts, started )
Skin upload in-game
I haven't found anything similiar. So here it is.

I'd like to have skin upload in-game.
Like this: I go online and it says "Your skin isn't found... blah blah blah".... And poof, a window appears, the text should be like this "Do you want to upload your skin to LFS World?" Answers: "Yes", "No", "Yes, but delete when I get offline" (Some would probably like this feature too. :shy.
If you think that I'm lazy, then I'll tell you this: Yes, I am lazy...

And anotha thing, maybe a possibility to send skins like setups, so someone don't have to search through downloaded skins or forums to find it.

Hope I'm being helpful.
Greetz, Matija
#2 - dadge
or you could upload your skin to a free control panel of sorts. then when drivers join a server you're in and don't have your skin, they can download it automatically and free of charge.
then, in a few years time. the devs could offer a higher resolution skin for a small cost. let's say 2000 skin downloads for £1 to start with.
you never know, this might get implimented some time as i can only see benefits to both the community and the dev's.
i think you're started with a great idea. lets see how this pans out eh.
Definately a thumbs up from me ! Been wanting this feature for a while.

Also, the option for it to delete after you go offline would be really handy, It would not effect those who have downloaded your skin because they won't have to download it again (it won't delete when they go offline, just stay in SKINS_X) , and it would save space on LFSW (Because you could have 100+ skins and only one is uploaded at a time).

ALTHOUGH, I think upload speeds have to come into consideration so that it does not cause the driver to lag whilst his skin is being uploaded
Quote from tommer :LTHOUGH, I think upload speeds have to come into consideration so that it does not cause the driver to lag whilst his skin is being uploaded

It would be uploaded while the driver is still in the garage or when he presses the OK button, but he couldn't enter the race before his skin is uploaded.
Quote from matijapkc :It would be uploaded while the driver is still in the garage or when he presses the OK button, but he couldn't enter the race before his skin is uploaded.

I think however the driver shouldn't have to wait for his skin to be uploaded, perhaps just set it so that the driver can set a maximum upload rate for his skins or something? It doesn't take long for a skin to upload, but otherwise it'll get as annoying as 'Can't pit -- Player is Connecting'
Quote from tommer :I think however the driver shouldn't have to wait for his skin to be uploaded, perhaps just set it so that the driver can set a maximum upload rate for his skins or something? It doesn't take long for a skin to upload, but otherwise it'll get as annoying as 'Can't pit -- Player is Connecting'

LoL
I dunno...I have upload rate of aprox. 27kb/s... I know it's funny, but hey, that's Croatia.

Skin upload in-game
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG