The online racing simulator
Crysis 2
(261 posts, started )
I dont know why ppl use crysis to test pc, when crytek say 1000 times, the game engine of crysis ( Crytek 2 ) is not optimized

They should test other tipe of games for a good benchmark or benchmark tools
they test coz its ****in awesome,needs a very good machine to play it on very high settings. i guess.at least thats why i test with it.
Quote from Inouva :I dont know why ppl use crysis to test pc, when crytek say 1000 times, the game engine of crysis ( Crytek 2 ) is not optimized

They should test other tipe of games for a good benchmark or benchmark tools

Not optimized? You tell us alot about the developers saying this or that without any source. I don't believe anything what you've said now. Maybe the PC version of Crysis 2 will be alot heavier than those consoles.

Can you tell me what "not optimized" is?
Quote from Shotglass :
and afaik almost all console games these days are 720p while a modern pc will happily play just about anything you can throw at it at triple head fullhd resolutions

haha, I was having an conversation the other day about why I prefer PC gaming over consoles in which my mate said, in favour of consoles, "Yeah, but we've got HD gaming". It was all I could do not to laugh in his face
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Can you tell me what "not optimized" is?

I would like to second this question.

Crysis is optimized fairly good if we are comparing it to GTA IV for example. GTA IV is one of the most non-optimized games ive seen over a long time to be honest.
#56 - JJ72
Quote from Bose321 :Well, I said graphics, nothing about physics...

And I'm just talking about GTAIV, that it's a port, so same graphics... I think you misunderstood me.

GTAIV on PC has higher resolution texture all around, and you can run higher FSAA than on consoles.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :You guys haven't said much about the game itself tbh

what is there to say? its a crytek title so it will be a very slowly progressing but very good looking game against enemies with magical xray vision and somewhere half way through youll get a ridiculous plot twist that is supposed to make the game more interesting but just results in making it rubbish and silly
considering theyve done mutants and aliens already im guessing either zombies or vampires for this one... possibly both and we should maybe speculate on whether a zombie vampire will suck your blood first and then eat your braaaiiiiiins or the other way round
frankly thats probably a bit too imaginative for them so more likely youll be up against humans in nanosuits who side with the aliens
I simply hope it will still stay what it is i.e. the modding, mutliplayer, great graphics and all this stuff and consoles won't make from it something 'locked' and not usable at all. And also that it won't be a f***** conversion.
Quote from brandons48 :So, err. Anyone liking the look of Crysis 2?

You guys haven't said much about the game itself tbh, most of you seemed to have had a little "PC/console" war.

Pathetic.

IMO it looked very bland (hope it's the right word).
Quote from Shotglass :
as for the graphics themself it seems to be pretty hard to find actual screenshots just by googling which probably says a lot to begin with but lets take a look at this from the first page of results

Facepalm, not only have you not seen it in motion and on TV, but you haven't even seen it prior to that google investigation That picture is WAY old btw.. Just like every PC 'elitist', talking out of his a*se, and just concentrating on graphics, haven't played a GOW tittle in his life, but somehow knows that there's no story and production value..
Enjoy your ignorance, and hop hop to the nearest hardware store, i've heard there's a new GT 650X..
Quote from Boris Lozac : i've heard there's a new GT 650X..

Yeah, and it sucks, I know that already.

So you're saying you have to upgrade all the time on a PC?

Atleast we have new stuff, you have to play with an old thing, even when it's released.
#62 - JJ72
Gosh I love fanboy battles.

Makes me wonder how peaceful the world could be if we can be allowed to play both.
Quote from JJ72 :Gosh I love fanboy battles.

Makes me wonder how peaceful the world could be if we can be allowed to play both.

You can play both ... its just that then your a normal person.
Quote from hazaky :You can play both ... its just that then your a normal person.

You can't define a 'normal' person like that. You do whatever you want. If other people play on konsoles, their choice...
-
Quote from brandons48 :Stupid spelling won't make your post funny.

Orly? It's not meant to be funny, so you must find it funny for some reason, but you want to look like this serious person and say it's not funny.
-
Why should you write such a post, and about mental disabilities if you don't mean them, sounds insulting to me...
-
Quote from brandons48 :When I say "I'm not serious about this" - I simply meant I was having a bit of banter, and didn't mean to cause any real insult to you.

If you do indeed suffer from a mental disability, then i'm sorry if I did infact insult you.

However, if you don't... Brush up on your spelling, huh?

My spelling is fine I think, thank you.

About Crysis 2, not much more info to post.
-
Quote from brandons48 :And the fact that it's coming to consoles too.

Haha, that's why you don't hear alot from it...

Here some pics.
-
Quote from Boris Lozac :haven't played a GOW tittle in his life, but somehow knows that there's no story and production value..

its pretty well established that the story (if you really want to call it that) leaves quite a lot to be desired
http://www.escapistmagazine.co ... ation/1595-God-of-War-III

Quote :Enjoy your ignorance, and hop hop to the nearest hardware store, i've heard there's a new GT 650X..

which i obviously need on my rather old system that will run crysis just fine in fullhd
Quote from Shotglass :its pretty well established that the story (if you really want to call it that) leaves quite a lot to be desired

Like i said, keep judging games by Youtube and Google images.. It really makes your arguments smart
you also found nothing woth critizising in the story of avatar so youre not exactly someone whos oppinion anyone should value when it comes to judging storylines
I never said Avatar has an amazing story, nor does God of War, but it's so bada**, and it acompanies the gameplay that much.. you would know this ofcourse, if you haven't 'played it' on Google..
But i'm guessing those kind of games are too simple minded for you, you only play some highly inteligent RPG's probably.. that only inteligent people can play.
Quote from Boris Lozac :but it's so bada**

well that enforces a lot of the things i think about you and your tastes

Quote :But i'm guessing those kind of games are too simple minded for you, you only play some highly inteligent RPG's probably.. that only inteligent people can play.

well no
i however do expect a little more stimulation and a little more gameplay than button mashing beat em ups (frankly console gameplay has been the same shit for 20 year or so)
#74 - JJ72
Quote from Shotglass :(frankly console gameplay has been the same shit for 20 year or so)

Um...if you count out the DJ hero and Guitar Heros...the Wii games and GTA style games.....you could probably say that, but there're a lot of games in that sector.

Can't see much difference in terms of game variety in both platforms besides the hardcore simulation and (MMO)RPG sector, but these ain't really "new" gameplay genres in any sort.

I dunno when will this debate come to an end, a PC can do a console's job nowadays, it handles Dolby 5.1, it outputs HDMI and it even support your usual XBOX and PS3 gamepads. While console remain a cheap start up option for people who don't care about the latest top of the line performance, and just want something you can plug in and play.
How do you think game developers will manage to make, today, a great game that uses the latest effects and advanced graphics on a 2010 PC if they need to put it on some game consoles with 2005 hardware? Crysis 1 looked awesome because it was a PC exclusive game and they could do their best to make it look awesome on the latest (2007 - GeForce 8800Ultra 1GB and so on) hardware. But now that they want to put it on 2005 hardware, even Crysis 1 will look bad when ported to the X360 and PS3.

Crysis 2
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG