The online racing simulator
Host control programmers : How to send silent messages
I've noticed when joining some hosts which have a control script running, they send a load of messages when you first join (for example the host's rules). The problem then is you get a load of overlapping message sound effects.

The solution :

Start your message with a colon ( : ) and this avoids a message sound.

So... for example, this sequence of messages will only produce one message sound :

Welcome to Host X
: Drive carefully
: Type Y for a list of commands
: Type Z for some more information
: Wreckers will be banned
Thanks for that.

Those multiple sounds can be a little annoying after a while. Being able to suppress them helps alot.
thank u alot...

thats what i searched for long time
#4 - Stuff
Ahh yes very cool.
Any list of little secrets like that?
Yea right, if you don't tell us we won't know . Was that in any of the change logs?
From what I see Dygear, quite a few things were not listed in the changelogs :o

Dunno why they are never very detailed
That was there in the first ever version of InSim. In fact I coded it for the /help or /? command, which you may notice returns text with a colon at the start of each line, to avoid the sound effect. So this was never a change, and so would never be in a list of changes.

I make a lot of effort to note every change, small or large, to the program, in every patch. In fact to the point where it's quite annoying for me, having to remember to document every tiny change.

When I make an entire new system, such as when I first made InSim, I think you would agree, it would be a bit impossible or unlikely to make a note of absolutely everything without missing a single thing. Just look how detailed the InSim documentation is. I'm very surprised you are saying the documentation and change logs are not detailed enough.
..the point of view...

never seen such a detailed programming help in an app
Hugs Scawen. That's ok, forgive our ignorance. None of us ment to say your not doing a good job. Thank you for InSim and thank you for this notice.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG