The online racing simulator
Is LFS color aware?
(7 posts, started )
Is LFS color aware?
Is LFS color aware?
So when you have a calibrated monitor (with a calibrating device like Spyder 3 Elite) LFS actually "notice" it and use the calibrated ICM/ICC profile?

Because i noticed a clear difference when i compared calibrated and non-calibrated, i couldn't believe me eyes when i saw it, because i thought NO games take any benefit from software calibration with a hardware calibrator..

Just wanted to be sure if LFS really is color managed/color aware.
Maybe it's not LFS, maybe it's DirectX.
Hm k..
Quote from breadfan :Maybe it's not LFS, maybe it's DirectX.

I don't know much about programming, but I guess DirectX doesn't do anything if you don't tell him to do it .
I guess that it's windows what applies the correct ICM profile when you select one, no matter what application are you running. Color settings are most likely global for the entire system...
With a calibrated monitor everything should look better ( or more accurate) be it game, film or Image.

I just upgraded my old Viewsonic 19" 4x3 panel for one of these
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158551 not the cheapest monitor but the difference Is night and day ,incredible colours.

In lfs Its as if the cars have all be resprayed. all those old familiar skins looks stunning, I could never go back to a TN panel now.
Quote from MadCatX :I guess that it's windows what applies the correct ICM profile when you select one, no matter what application are you running. Color settings are most likely global for the entire system...

Quote from JohnPenn :With a calibrated monitor everything should look better ( or more accurate) be it game, film or Image.

I just upgraded my old Viewsonic 19" 4x3 panel for one of these
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158551 not the cheapest monitor but the difference Is night and day ,incredible colours.

In lfs Its as if the cars have all be resprayed. all those old familiar skins looks stunning, I could never go back to a TN panel now.

Hm.. i have read that games isn't color aware at all, and many programs isn't either, not even Internet Explorer is.. but Firefox is.

Is LFS color aware?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG