The online racing simulator
G25 Pedal Mods
(8 posts, started )
G25 Pedal Mods
Hi,

I am new on this forum. I am currently working on a conversion of an old Sega Rally cab. I have installed a Logitech G25 Steering Wheel and was going to get a panel made up to mount the G25's pedals, but I then saw the Pedal mod done by Darth Nuno at dragonslair.com. He connected the original Sega pedals to a Logitech Wheel. I have been busy cleaning up and restoring the original Sega pedals. The problem I have is that the Sega pedals use 5k pots, but the Logitech G25 apparently uses 10k pots. Is it possible to get to get the 5k pots working with the Logitech G25? My other option is to replace Sega 5k pots, but I don't know where to get arcade spec 10K pots?

I would be grateful for any advice.

This is the cab before the steering wheel and monitor surround went on.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/3fe73b65320238
Not sure what "arcade spec" pots are, but as long as you buy 10k pots of decent quality, they should be fine. Just make sure they'll fit and you'll be all set. I'd say this is probably your best bet, especially considering that cabinet probably got a lot of use and the pots are old and worn.

As for making the G25 work with 5k pots, I would think calibrating the wheel with them would set everything right. Don't take my word for it, though.
The Sega 5K potentimenters have a mechanical rotation of 300 degrees. Any more would prevent you from getting full throttle. They are heavy duty and designed for about 1,000,000 rotations.

http://www.happcontrols.com/amusement/gameparts/2205373.htm

I would really like to find a 10K replacement that would work with the G25.

Any Idea's?
#4 - S4t1
what is a pot ?
Will the G25 work ok with 5k potentiometers in the pedals or does any one know what 10K potentiometers would work?
I see that some of you know how to take the potmeter out. I want to clean it for dust, because my g25 pedals is not working correct, both the brake and the throttle pedal. The throttle have big probems to give full throttle when it comes over 50% and the brake has a tendency to brake a little by it self.

But how do I take out the potmeter and clean it?

G25 Pedal Mods
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG