The online racing simulator
That is how you konw who to perma ban and blacklist. If we know a person can drive cleanly and chooses not to, then we know we can ban them. That is why there there will be no unreasonable ban.
Ahhh, I see what you mean.

Yeah I guess that might work then.
Quote from legoflamb :@Bmxtwins

It is good that you think my solution has some good. It means my post wasn't completely pointless.

What is LFS"EI"?

The point of the class system is to not let the noobs participate in the upper class racing until they are nolonger noobs. So it seems to get the job done.

EI is experience index that is universal on all airio full/pro? insim servers.
(IHR,FM etc)
Also what type of racing do you gusy wall want? I opened a BnJ server and its fully clean, if i can get another server i was going to do multiclass with airio and classes but IHR has that .

IHR ius changing it to 300 EI , atm I have 275 i think... because I dont race online cuz of narbs :P
Quote from 5haz :
...every single popular LFS server is bad like this, and I don't have the money to run my own (If I could, I would), so effectively there is nowhere else to go. [/rant]

You send me a PM, and we give you a server. Done deal. Let´s see in a month about your ideas and toughts then.
Quote from legoflamb :@Bmxtwins

It is good that you think my solution has some good. It means my post wasn't completely pointless.

What is LFS"EI"?

The point of the class system is to not let the noobs participate in the upper class racing until they are nolonger noobs. So it seems to get the job done.

LFSEI = Live For Speed Experience Index (Airio).

Im not an insim person. Not with the way insim applications are currently used anyhow.

One problem for example... LFS EI increases quicker if you win a race... right.

Unfortunately with the popularity of multi class servers, you could complete races cleanly and be 1st, 2nd, 3rd in your class.. trouble is 1st in your class might be 16th in LFS.. thereby the system doesn't work the way it should (that is if i understand it correctly. feel free to correct me if i am wrong... Im sure you do increase your rating just for completing races, But obviously at a much lower rate).

So it would always be a tough system.

Im sure things can be change.. but currently this is how i see it and is my opinion of it.
#31 - 5haz
Quote from R.Kolz :You send me a PM, and we give you a server. Done deal. Let´s see in a month about your ideas and toughts then.

I'm actually tempted.

Obviously this is not just about me though, there needs to be some sort of move towards better racing made by everybody.

I'm not even the one coming up with ideas in this thread.
I think i can guess the combo of 5haz's server
#33 - 5haz
No it wouldn't be Blackwood FBM, at least not all the time.

Although it is the only combo I'm anything near fast on.

I'm just a driver though, I've already been an admin and I probrably overdid it slightly.

I made this thread because lately whenever I go online in LFS I always come back out feeling pissed off.
@franky500

Does LFSEI dictate which cars you are capable of driving? If it doesn't, and has no effect on SR, it is useless and has no meaning. If it does effect which cars you get to dirve, then it is what ruins class racing. not being able to choose what car you perfer to drive seems pointless to me.

Maybe safety rating should be more of a deciding factor in LFSEI rather than what place you achieved in races. It might change the way people want to achieve LFSEI because position wont matter as much as safety. This way someone in fifth place could achieve more points than someone in first who had a poor safety rating for that race.
Quote from majod :no one who causes these crashes won't read this message

I think 5haz addressed this to admins

I am racing at LFS for a quite time, occasionally now, what I can say I wouldn't agree for any requirements (that's why I didnt race at any of insim ladder systems) apart lap time - this is any problem to go on any empty server and get required laptime if you dont have one (I don't on every combo still :tilt

What I can say when I jump on some servers - if ppl knew that admins check reports for wreckage and they ban wreckers, there would be less of them. (admins always can ban someone they dont like so it shouldnt be a question - you cant really do anything about that - you avoid those :rolleyes.
I think legoflamb is on the right track when he suggests something like iRacing's Safety Rating. People aren't much different than dogs when it comes to doing things for which they are rewarded and not doing things for which they get punished. Most LFS servers reward risky driving. Going as fast as you can and trying to make the spectacular pass is rewarded with excitement and once in awhile it even works. When it doesn't a driver can just vote for a restart, wait for the next quick race, or go to another server. There is no long term down side.

But I know people who quit iRacing because they didn't like having to drive in a more restrained style. It just wasn't fun for them. Learning to do something that requires good judgment, discipline, as well as good reflexes is something that is more of a long term satisfaction, not the instant fun that some people want in a game.

I definitely would like to see some type of safety rating in which a driver is punished by having to use a restrictor plate if he had a bad rating or having servers be able to limit access only to drivers who have a good rating.
Quote from legoflamb :@franky500

Does LFSEI dictate which cars you are capable of driving? If it doesn't, and has no effect on SR, it is useless and has no meaning. If it does effect which cars you get to dirve, then it is what ruins class racing. not being able to choose what car you perfer to drive seems pointless to me.

Maybe safety rating should be more of a deciding factor in LFSEI rather than what place you achieved in races. It might change the way people want to achieve LFSEI because position wont matter as much as safety. This way someone in fifth place could achieve more points than someone in first who had a poor safety rating for that race.

This is kind of what i was getting at. As far as i am aware right now a big part in the LFSEI is where you finish in races.
A problem with making major changes to rules on a server like CTRA or IHR is that everyone will have to start over.

I am not sure if this is the case, but I get the impression that if the population of a server are forced to start over, they might not return to the server to race. If the rules are changed and people keep their rank it would defeat the purpose of changing the rules.
Quote from franky500 :
Quote :Maybe safety rating should be more of a deciding factor in LFSEI rather than what place you achieved in races. It might change the way people want to achieve LFSEI because position wont matter as much as safety. This way someone in fifth place could achieve more points than someone in first who had a poor safety rating for that race

This is kind of what i was getting at. As far as i am aware right now a big part in the LFSEI is where you finish in races.

As far as I know LFSEI safety system doesnt like qualifications or time attempts during races... why - a spin or a slide or any other situation frequent on time attemps is regarded as safety issue.

Therefore when not battling for position I would just cruise to get safety points
Showing the issue 'cos IMO replacement for sincere judgement will always lead to some unexpected(?) results
See the problem with LFS is that there isn't any real consequence of crashing out.
People need to compromise so they don't f*cking end up in the barrier at the first corner, or at any other corner for that matter.
Quote from hansonator69 :See the problem with LFS is that there isn't any real consequence of crashing out.
People need to compromise so they don't f*cking end up in the barrier at the first corner, or at any other corner for that matter.

Really? I found T1 rampage, especially in higher positions (when start grid based on last race results or laptimes), is not that common. Especially after 3rd restart and kicking deliberate crashers problem doesnt show (servers could have a reminder on T1 - piling up makes brake points closer).

So what I found annoying was deliberate crashing out ppl by blockes knowing nothing will happen - not a kick, not a ban.
Now I may be aiming this wrong, and this may have nothing to do whatsoever with the thread, but the main issues with servers these days is that they seem to demand that you “shift-S” or “shift-P” the exact moment you crash. Now while I understand the thinking behind it, IMO that thinking is flawed. We are now encouraging kids (and the majority of players are now kids) to go full pelt into corners not expecting anything to be in it's way because the big bright messages at the start of the race ask you to clear track if you crash, and whoo behold if you happen to crash and don't “Shift-S” Heck there are servers I see that have you spectated the moment you have a crash of more than 2 complete spins....

I'm sorry but part of racing is avoiding incidents and other cars, but nobody in these servers seems to have that skill/ability or just can not comprehend that “Yellow Flag” means caution ahead and not “Pedal To The Metal Snoopy Dudes”. As such I'm often punted as I slow down for a crash to avoid (if I can, I know sometimes it can't be helped) and then all of a sudden I'm hit hard or punted off the track. What happens then is I'm gurning on the chat asking if anyone knows what the yellow falg means and if I'm he only one who cares. There's other issues which does not help, such as servers now which are becoming too bunged up with airo stuff, stats and stuff.....there's no simple race servers any more. No join, race have fun with no other goal other than racing, no point system to unlock cars and no license system to wave about like some kind of penis enlargement.
Totally agree Mackie, people should take responsibility for slowing down themselves rather than expecting someone to spectate, or just consider that sometimes, shit happens...

As for LFSEI, it should be used to combat the fact that established players have to achieve a certain amount of points on some servers to gain more cars, which is pretty crap when these points statistics aren't shared over servers. For example, if you have an LFSEI of 500+, that should bypass the points ranks. Of course, the safety rating can also be used ahead of points.
Quote from L@gger :Agree, its so boring to start 4 races and 4 times get rammed on the first corner or on the straight = half a hour time lose without fun only get you mad.

Happens to me all the time, and just type /exit and go to other game

Ppl dont have "Sense" of location in the track, they just turn or slam others without noticing there is other car at your side

Or they just slam you in a breake zone and you smash the wall or get OOT, and you read the stupid msg "SORRY", when in all moment you respect hin in the breake zones and drafting and making a clean overtake.

That happens in the populated servers like IHR or Cargame S2 servers
I'm getting really sick of the stupid systems on every bloody server.
If they can't share stats between one another, then what's the point?
why cant poeple with bad internets race on the good servers? its like you have to pay $40 for s2, its useless unless you have expensive internet too...
Quote from boothy :As for LFSEI, it should be used to combat the fact that established players have to achieve a certain amount of points on some servers to gain more cars, which is pretty crap when these points statistics aren't shared over servers. For example, if you have an LFSEI of 500+, that should bypass the points ranks. Of course, the safety rating can also be used ahead of points.

We will be implementing this on IHR servers very soon. There will be a minimum lfsei requirement to get on track (probably 200 after much discussion) which will remove complete newbies from our servers entirely and there will be a level which will give you access to all cars, with steps in between. This will mean someone new to IHR will be able to drive the fastest cars straight away if they have a high enough LFSEI. It is the reason EQWorry wrote the LFSEI system and we want to embrace it.

For those that don't know how it works, look here http://stats.airio.eu/EXP.aspx or http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1366734#post1366734
EDIT: woops!:doh:

Decided to read up about what I wanted to talk about.

Using LFSW stats seems like the best database to draw stats from because it is universal to all servers and is public. good thing I can read

@anyone opposed to insim applications

There are all sorts of oppinions about insim applications, and most of them make sense. I agree that having zero insim is the ideal racing enviornment, but just as a utopian society with no laws or rules would be ideal to live in; however we all know that is imposible when regarding human beings. Therefore we need laws/insim on some public servers to achieve clean racing.

With that said I would and could assume that most would agree that running servers without any sort of insim control would reqire the most amount of admin policing. Since there are a limited supply of admins for one server in any given timezone it is not plausable, and that has proven its self to be true. This cannot be denied.

All this is the reason why I support insim contolled servers. I don't do that much racing, and when I do, it does not take place in a league. When I play LFS, I play to race for fun on large grids. If there is no racing going on becuse of crashes/restarts/other miscellaneous BS, then I am not having any fun. This is why I like insim. I would not want it force on all servers, however for large grid public servers I think insim is necessary.
Quote from franky500 :As far as i am aware right now a big part in the LFSEI is where you finish in races.

The LFSEI is compiled from 5 separate values, theses are- tracks driven, cars driven, distance travelled, races completed and a hotlap index (this is a combination of your online pb times and any hotlaps you may have uploaded).

Quote from AndRand :As far as I know LFSEI safety system doesnt like qualifications or time attempts during races... why - a spin or a slide or any other situation frequent on time attemps is regarded as safety issue.

LFSEI is not linked to the safety rating system, it is simply an indication of your LFS experience. Your LFSEI will increase everytime you drive or make a pb, or try new track/car etc. It is simply reading your LFSW stats.

Quote from boothy :
As for LFSEI, it should be used to combat the fact that established players have to achieve a certain amount of points on some servers to gain more cars, which is pretty crap when these points statistics aren't shared over servers. For example, if you have an LFSEI of 500+, that should bypass the points ranks. Of course, the safety rating can also be used ahead of points.

I agree.
LFSEI and the safety rating system can be set to work in this way but obviously that is up to the server operators.

Quote from menantoll :
For those that don't know how it works, look here http://stats.airio.eu/EXP.aspx or http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1366734#post1366734

Quote from hansonator69 :See the problem with LFS is that there isn't any real consequence of crashing out.

Exactly the point.

People should be punished who 'touch' another car. LFS has no algorithm for that and there is where the story ends.

I'm an admin myself and I'm not frightened to ban at all but I refuse to be in some sort of race control for hours and hours. Thats just sick. People need to accept its a game and not a highly qualified race sim, not to today's standards anyway.

Instead of focusing on some new stupid car and new tire physics, Scawen needs to pay attention to multiplayer issues. People stop with LFS racing because of that.

I'm glad that there is something like Airio, at least you get some control of the situation but sadly it isn't ideal and never will be because of the earlier described problem.

And yes, another whine thread, good you say it yourself

However, nothing is going to change. I can guarantee that. LFS needs to change, not the drivers and not the admins of servers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG