Narain Karthikeyan to NASCAR
(12 posts, started )
There has been millions of rumors spreading about regarding Narain moving from Open wheel to either Touring Car (V8 Supercar) or stock car (ARCA/NASCAR)

It has just been confirmed that Karthikeyan will drive at Martinsville this weekend in NASCAR

http://www.nascar.com/2010/new ... r.nascar.debut/index.html
OK...

But why not post it here?

Whats so special about this that requires a new thread?
Quote from DevilDare :OK...

But why not post it here?

Whats so special about this that requires a new thread?

He is indian after all.
#4 - JJ72
People over there will probably mistook him as Paki or Mexican or something....

Surprised he still makes headline though. thought he was pretty much forgotten.
Quote from JJ72 :People over there will probably mistook him as Paki or Mexican or something....

Surprised he still makes headline though. thought he was pretty much forgotten.

He made some headlines when he was in A1GP. But beyond that his open wheel career has pretty much sucked after F1. I'm surprised he didnt jump into IndyCar or V8s as rumors had him.

Sato had the right idea...but it looks like Karthikeyan wanted to try something else. I dont think he's tried Endurance GT racing yet but oh well. The NASCAR guys does ALMS too so he might be there as well.

Also the first indian to score points will still turn a few heads....even if it is more on technicality than actual skill
#6 - JJ72
Quote from lizardfolk :Also the first indian to score points will still turn a few heads....even if it is more on technicality than actual skill

LOL now you mentioned that......30 sec behind his teammate and beating only two minardis, quite an accomplisment.
Quote from JJ72 :LOL now you mentioned that......30 sec behind his teammate and beating only two minardis, quite an accomplisment.

Yeah...he wasnt horrible like Ricardo Rosset Alex Yoong or Yuji Ide. But he was horribly mediocre.

I dont think he's a bad driver, but he's probably not fit for F1. Maybe closed wheel touring car/GT/Stock cars would be more his cup of tea.

Still...a points score is a points score tho...
#8 - JCTK
and he will not have a good time at V8s neither...

Alex Yoong tried it and failed pretty badly, and he was only in the junior categories of the V8s too...
#9 - Gil07
Quote from lizardfolk :Sato had the right idea...but it looks like Karthikeyan wanted to try something else. I dont think he's tried Endurance GT racing yet but oh well. The NASCAR guys does ALMS too so he might be there as well.

He was supposed to do Le Mans for Kolles in an Audi R10 with Charles Zwolsman and André Lotterer but he managed to dislocate his shoulder while jumping over the pit wall to get to the grid.

Also I don't think there's any Nascar driver on the ALMS grid, and how could anyone anyway since there's races on ovals every bloody week
Quote from Gil07 :He was supposed to do Le Mans for Kolles in an Audi R10 with Charles Zwolsman and André Lotterer but he managed to dislocate his shoulder while jumping over the pit wall to get to the grid.

Also I don't think there's any Nascar driver on the ALMS grid, and how could anyone anyway since there's races on ovals every bloody week

They are there sometimes.

I know most of them do the 24h of Daytona and that's it and sometime times you'll see them in Sebring races as well
Daytona has nothing to do with the ALMS, unfortunately. Grand AM should just give up and let the 24h of Daytona be an IMSA event

Which NASCAR driver was there at Sebring? I know there were a few IndyCar drivers there (Ryan Hunter-Reay springs to mind), but I can't remember anyone from NASCAR being there.
Quote from Gil07 :

Which NASCAR driver was there at Sebring? I know there were a few IndyCar drivers there (Ryan Hunter-Reay springs to mind), but I can't remember anyone from NASCAR being there.

Terry Labonte is a Sebring winner.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG