The online racing simulator
Dirt showing on tyres
(18 posts, started )
Dirt showing on tyres
Just a small thing, would like to see the tyres go dirty when they pick up dirt (would be most noticable in open wheeler). Maybe just some sort of transparency thats always on the tyre & gets more opaque when the tyre is dirtier. Could be linked to the tyre HUD (F9) as that displays dirt pickup.
why?
#3 - amp88
Quote from amp88 :Adds realism.

umh yea.. think realistically though. lfs will never have things like these
#5 - amp88
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :umh yea.. think realistically though. lfs will never have things like these

Why not?
Most likely because LFS is still on DX7 or DX8, and doesn't support this kind of feature.... I think.
#7 - amp88
Quote from brandons48 :Most likely because LFS is still on DX7 or DX8, and doesn't support this kind of feature.... I think.

The operative word in Tomba's second reply is "never". The OP's improvement suggestion is a reasonable one which we MAY see in the future of LFS. Obviously it's not high priority but it would add a nice touch of realism to the visuals.
Want to see dirt on tyres? Use knobbly or hybrid tyres. Only problem is that they are slippery on tarmac.
If you use in car view theres no need to show dirt on tyres. Maybe on single seaters, but since it doesn't affect the car's handling it's not important at all. Or at least has really low priority.
And btw, hybrids aren't more slippery than road normals :P
it does not kidding....look at normal tires after they get dirty.
Quote from RevengeR :...but since it doesn't affect the car's handling it's not important at all.

Oh, sure, then why do we have texturized cars instead of wireframes? The body doesn't affect the car's aerodynamics, so it's not important at all. Same for almost everything in the game. And we should have a prompt, not a full friendly menu.

Right?

I hate when people only say "your idea is not important" and nothing more...
Quote from JPeace :There is a substantional lack of grip having got mud, grass, or dirt on your tyres, which is realistic enough. What more do you want?

Example: we have smoke, wich is much bigger thing compared to the transparent dirt texture. It is possible. I would say +1 to this suggestion, but this would be somewhere in the bottom side of the list.
Quote from PedraumF :Oh, sure, then why do we have texturized cars instead of wireframes? The body doesn't affect the car's aerodynamics, so it's not important at all. Same for almost everything in the game. And we should have a prompt, not a full friendly menu.

Right?

I hate when people only say "your idea is not important" and nothing more...

I might have said 'less important' than some other things. But really, if we want to go in small details we could write down dozens of things like this.
And what else should I've said? I really think it's not that important in this stage of the development.
dirt DEFINATELY does affect perfermance
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
one more texture layer, not the biggest deal i think. But not that important
Quote from brandons48 :Most likely because LFS is still on DX7 or DX8, and doesn't support this kind of feature.... I think.

Has been done in the past in older games (eg: GP3), not a big deal, but would be nice.

Dirt showing on tyres
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG