The online racing simulator
Quote from brt900 :ati cards sound crap and geeky.
oh what video card you got?
oh i have a ati hd 8750

oh what card have you got
nvidian gtx 295

much better names

No, u.
NVidia sound like it has V8 and it's just about to fly out of your PC... ATI had the name that gives some respect to them. When you hear ATI name, it's HD, you know it's gonna have good results and when you hear GTX 295, you could ask the person: "Which car are you talking about?".
oh i have a ati hd 8750

nvidian gtx 295

much better names

yeah, because how somethings sounds is waaaay more important than how it actually performs
don't you think that the fact that you are talking about graphics cards would make you geeky enough? don't you think that someone asking you what gpu you have already comfirmed the geekyness of the questioner? so no matter if you said HD8750 or even flux capacitor. you wouldn't come across any more geeky than the geek who asked you such a question.
Quote from matijapkc :No, u.

NVidia sound like it has V8 and it's just about to fly out of your PC... ATI had the name that gives some respect to them. When you hear ATI name, it's HD, you know it's gonna have good results and when you hear GTX 295, you could ask the person: "Which car are you talking about?".

HD? what TV are you talking ?
Quote from dadge :HD? what TV are you talking ?

I think he's talking about the naming convention in some ATI graphics cards (e.g. HD3870x2). He rarely makes any sense when talking about computers.
Quote from amp88 :I think he's talking about the naming convention in some ATI graphics cards (e.g. HD3870x2). He rarely makes any sense when talking about computers.

aye, i know. i was just breaking in some new sarcasm. seems i need to bleed it a bit more.
i've been watching alot of the big bang theory lately. it's a gold mine for sarcasm. quite inspiring lol.
oh i have a ati hd 8750

nvidian gtx 295

much better names

Not rlly

What card you got? 480 or 295, people will laugh at you.

Look at the benchmarks. They tell enough. The cars are slower, cost 20-50% more, produce more heat, are bigger, uglier, use more power.

But hey, have fun with your nvidian
You guys do know that an ATI vs Nvidia argument is pointless, right? Knock it off, this has been done over and over, and it will never change anything. Each brand has it's own advantages and disadvantages, but there is no one "true" brand. You might as well argue about different religions at this point, which is again pointless.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :You guys do know that an ATI vs Nvidia argument is pointless, right? Knock it off, this has been done over and over, and it will never change anything. Each brand has it's own advantages and disadvantages, but there is no one "true" brand. You might as well argue about different religions at this point, which is again pointless.

+1. that's the reason i went the sarcasm route. not point fighting. at least you're dancing right?

Quote from Bose321 : But hey, have fun with your nvidian

that's the stuff. tell him to do something he's already doing.
but hey. bend your knees when you sit down.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG