The online racing simulator
Dual monitor problem (VISTA)
(14 posts, started )
Hi guys , I am new on the forum
I have tried with soft th but he says de left monitor is not installed (I have 2 monitor's)
Who can't help me ?
hi and welcome

i dont know anything about soft th but you can do some basic checks.

1)Is the monitor correct plugged in.
2)Does soft th support that monitor.
3)Did u check in configurations of soft th.

is this the 1st time u use dual screen??
go into windows settings and make sure it is enabled there first.

then you are on your own, i dont use that
SoftTH needs 3 monitors to run, nVidia used to have a span mode in WinXP but it seems to have been removed (due to it not working in Vista/Win7) which is frustrating.
ATi have a span mode too (for all 3 OSes), seems that nVidia are to slack to try & get this feature working in Vista/Win7.
There is also some hardware out there that allows you to run more monitors off a single port (Matrox one seems to be the best) but they can be expensive.

Here's hoping that nVidia add this feature back in (I run 2 monitors & have an nVidia card) but it's not likely as it's been like this since Vista. Been using nVidia cards for years, but looks like I'll have to change to ATi.
I have successfully used SoftTH on a dual monitor setup. IIRC, you need to comment out the deviceIDright or deviceIDleft line in SoftTH.cfg. It was a long time ago I used SoftTH like this though, on an older version (v1.05) so I don't know if hacking it like that is still supported.
quick question with ati cards how do i get it to have the 2 mmoniters, but one moniter is off to the right, so in lfs i have the car's wheel right in front of me, but i look to the right and there is the right of my car
Quote from Bob Smith :I have successfully used SoftTH on a dual monitor setup. IIRC, you need to comment out the deviceIDright or deviceIDleft line in SoftTH.cfg. It was a long time ago I used SoftTH like this though, on an older version (v1.05) so I don't know if hacking it like that is still supported.

Thank you ! how I must set it out ? just remove auto for out or someting ?
Try changing "auto" to whatever the number of the monitor is (you can get windows to identify monitors if you are unsure), and adding a semicolon -> ; <- to the start of the line for the other monitor (that you don't have).
i cant get lfs to display on both moniters

does it need to be windowed?
Quote from logitekg25 :i cant get lfs to display on both moniters

does it need to be windowed?

On Vista and 7, yes, unless you've got an Eyefinity-capable ATI card or use SoftTH.
im pretty sure the ati hd 5770 is compatable, so how do i get it to work.....i have 2 different resolution montiers
Quote from Bob Smith :you need to comment out the deviceIDright or deviceIDleft line in SoftTH.cfg. It was a long time ago I used SoftTH like this though, on an older version (v1.05) so I don't know if hacking it like that is still supported

No longer works unfortunately . Tried it with 'SoftTH v1.08 beta' (latest version), no luck.
Setting the deviceIDright/left to -1 for the unused monitor is supposed to work.
I think I got it working like that with v1.08 I think, but it wasn't reliable. YMMV
Quote from Degats :Setting the deviceIDright/left to -1 for the unused monitor is supposed to work.
I think I got it working like that with v1.08 I think, but it wasn't reliable. YMMV

nope its not working when i sed it -1

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG