The online racing simulator
Niki's on boards [season 2009]
(8 posts, started )
Hello everyone.

Here's a little project I've been working on for quite some time now and I believe it's time to share with the world.

I imagine this as promotion of LFS' less known side where everything is much more professional and realistic, leagues. Not many people know much about it and I believe it's the greatest experience we can find in sim-racing.

I've been running this kind of video blog for a year now and there is enough videos to show you how it looks like. You will notice these 'awfully long descriptions' and want to just skip them, well they are there for a reason. You have the ability to watch and read race by race, to get the real feeling of the season. Things that couldn't have been shown with video are written. There are good as well as bad moments shown and written down, so you can experience all ups and downs.

At first I thought to upload only hotlaps from events as I thought HLs will be deleted from LFSW due to new physics. Unfortunately for all of us, a year later, that still hasn't happened. As I really love watching on board shots and especially from only one car I got this idea that I've already presented above. Later I fixed camera in only one position, as that's how it is in real world, to make that feeling even closer.
Here are my top favorites in this category. [real world]
Sean Edwards, Tom Cornel and RSV Motorsports

So I figured this isn't that hard to make. Takes about half a day work once in two weeks. I know it's only sim racing, but still it should be fun.

I know MoE videos will seam strange to you, but shots are only from my part of the race. I just don't have enough resources to search, record and upload shots for the whole team.

I apologize for bad video quality. As some of you might know I have bandwidth, which means I can upload/download together only 10GB per month. To add to that my upload speed is ridiculous 256 kbit/s.

Please rate, comment or subscribe if you like, as more videos will be coming in future.

Link to my channel
#2 - Hahmo
Actually i've been watching your MoE videos before and sorta like them. It might not look cool watching GT2 videos for some, but i understand what it might mean to some people, and as i am just in a few months got a place in a good team, full-time place in GTAL with team that im managering..

Cool videos, thats all i can say
E: Btw, in the new Kyoto video there is "battle for 3th" it should be battle for 3rd :/
Heh Hahmo posted that as a comment aswell just like one hour ago :P

But I think the same, videos are always very interesting to watch, that's why I subscribed you
I've been checking out your channel from time to time, very nice N.
-
(Hahmo) DELETED by Hahmo
I like vids. they can have different purposes, but I especially like onboard vids - more info to gain from them and thats just <3

I sometimes checked your channel, too, and enjoyed most of the videos you posted. and although I'm not a league racer (due to a lack of time to spend on playing lfs) I got the impression that those videos give a really good insight in league racing - keep them coming!
#7 - Makao
Very interesting idea Niki. I saw one of Tom's videos and I think you should try some of text written in description change into clips recoreded with camera when you're sitting behind wheel (like he is talking about shower before race start etc). I really enjoyed these onboards even if they were over 7 minutes long, keep going.
Thanks guys, much appreciated your comments and a welcome to new subscribers.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to say Makao.
If you mean record my real self sitting behind my now corny Momo wheel, then no can do. As you see I'm too poor to get stronger computer, newer wheel and let's not talk about digital camera and taping that badly worked LFS driver doesn't seam like a good idea.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG