The online racing simulator
Soloution to a couple probs
just had an idea,

its about the timing.

could we have live timing for the cars behind and infront by one position. like in F1C

For example;

Curret : 1:34:980
Best : 1:34:657
Infront : 0:03:687
Behind : 0:02:536

this will also help with the map issues, as people are complaning about diffferent colours on the map to identify were who is on the track and wether or not you need to block them or let them through.

just thought it would be a good idea, but i dont know what would be neede to make this happen so no flaming me please
The problem is, how do you measure this? You need 2 fixed points to measure between. If all cars are moving, how do you do it, in a programming sense. Either my brain is fried today, or I'm just not seeing how this could be practically done..
I assume there's just a massive amount of "splits" along the whole track.

I really don't like the live-time-gap thing in rfactor and other games. It just constantly makes me think: "I've never seen this and it would be virtually impossible in real life anyway" Anything that makes me think that whenever I see it is a bad thing to feature in a simulation (imho).

I think there's more of a case to go to a simple pit-board system than something as "advanced" and unbelievable as this.
I would be happy with a function key like in NR2003 which displays times behind the leader or centers your car and displays the times ahead or behind for the other cars. It doesn't have to be in real time. Just updated at the split lines would be sufficient.
We have best and current displayed already. And the times ahead and behind are also already shown? So....
#6 - Chaos
Quote from tristancliffe :We have best and current displayed already. And the times ahead and behind are also already shown? So....

And 2-4 splits a lap is enough... IRL they mostly have only the finish line time... Only in top motorsports, there are more splits...
Quote from tristancliffe :We have best and current displayed already. And the times ahead and behind are also already shown? So....

Oops, I drive with F9 tires showing which disables the list. I had forgot that we have it illepall . But anyways, it would be nice to have this on a function key to where we could see the times at the last split continuously instead of for a few seconds after the split. Actually, I think if you have it set at looking at the times the cars ahead and behind are from you in NR2003, it is displayed in real time. If I am thinking correctly. The time behind the leader is updated at the start/finish line (again in NR2003).
how do i get the list up that tells you now? i didnt knwo this existed lol
Options/Display/Show Posistion List - Yes

It will display on the screen

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG