The online racing simulator
Filling your tank, full / half?
(63 posts, started )
Whats the point in moaning?, it makes sod all difference.
Quote from danowat :Whats the point in moaning?, it makes sod all difference.

We're British, it's our job.
For some of us
Quote from danowat :My trip computer says zero even before the fuel light comes on!!!.

Mine still says 100+ km when the fuel runs out. I know from experience
Quote from Gil07 :Mine still says 100+ km when the fuel runs out. I know from experience

I prefer my way round!!
Quote from keiran :Since I moved into the city I just put £30 in at a time which usually does me a week and a half. Before when I stayed 20miles out the road I just filled it up because it be gone in less than a week!!

I just can't believe how expensive fuel is getting and how few people seem to be moaning!! We're paying 113.9p at the moment :|

We're paying 134p at the moment, or €1,50.

And that's a cheap petrol station.
Ouch, really?, I was in Belgium not 2 weeks ago, and I paid 0.95Euro a litre for gasole.
Currently costs me £86.18 to fill up. Damn 75 litre tank >.<
On level ground at a constant speed, weight does not have a very big effect on fuel economy. Depending on the coefficient of rolling resistance, of course. Not too long ago, I went on a road trip with 800lbs of people and stuff in my car (fat Americans xD), and averaged 33mpg US (~40mpg Imperial). I was picking up a few friends who were on vacation, so the way down there it was only me and a friend that I was splitting the driving with. The way down without all that weight, we also averaged 33mpg. In the city, more weight will hurt your fuel economy (If you insist on accelerating at the same rate as with less weight). Though, if you have enough weight it'll increase the force of rolling resistance to a noticeable degree, of course, since Frr=Crr x FN

Now, in my case, my fuel tank is about 12 US Gallons. The density of petrol is about 6.073 lb/US gal. 6 US Gallons of fuel would only weigh 36lbs. Not enough to have a huge affect on fuel economy on the highway. And probably not in the city either.
Due to this damn economic crisis we have to save everything. My parents never saved on fuel and cigarettes, but that had changed. I'm 21 and still don't have a car, but I don't really need it either until i finish college. But my dad does so I'll tell you how he does it.

We got this super fuel saving car (4 liters of diesel per 100 km). Now first thing where we save is using light destillate oil instead of diesel. This is of course illegal, but police never checks for it so a liter is 0.7€ instead of 0,875€.

Now we're tanking it usually for 5€ only and reaching up to 200 km margin.
So yea, you gotta watch out how much fuel you've left all the time, use low revs etc, but at least you're driving.

Fuel tanks aren't really big of a problem as you basically got them everywhere around here. Like on 40 km road, 6 of them xD

Back in the day we used to fill up our Mercedes tank 100%, eh how i miss those days.
About £45 or so will fill mine from off the end of the red to brimmed, and when i say brimmed, i mean filler neck filled up too, (i think) my tank is only 40 litres though, so it sounds like a cheap fill up but you obviously dont get as far on it, the best i have had from a full tank is about 275 miles roughly.
Quote from keiran :I just can't believe how expensive fuel is getting and how few people seem to be moaning!! We're paying 113.9p at the moment :|

It's 117.9p at it's cheapest around here

Filling your tank, full / half?
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG