The online racing simulator
Racewear - Nomex Long Johns - Is it enough to sort out the tackle?
Excuse the reference in the topic subject but there is no real other way of putting it. I'm looking into getting some racegear but I'm unsure as to whether I'd need to wear some Nomex Shorts under the Long Johns if its a little loose down there. So, would the Long Johns do the job in keeping the nether region in check?

Long Johns

Shorts
Just get some tight fitting boxers.
Why does it matter? Arrange yourself when you do the seatbelts up, and all is good. No need for poncy lycra (what does Lycra do when it burns? Would there be any point wearing nomex?). At the very most some tight boxers would be fine (cotton ones).
#4 - dadge
cheetah skin mankini would even do the trick. if your nuts are gonna get roasted, you might as we make em look special
That is one dangerous way to iron on cheetah colors.
Just use good branded underwear. And wear the Alpinestars Nomex ZX fire resistant clothing over it!
Cheers lads for the suggestions. Boxers it is then
Cut a hole in the lot and let the veg swing in the breeze. Comfortable nethers = performance.
Quote from Vinnylegends :And wear the Alpinestars Nomex ZX fire resistant clothing over it!

Not everyone can afford to waste their money on pointlessly stylish racewear when for 20% of the cost you can have something just as safe and just as comfortable.

I did manage to justify Alpinestars gloves though, as a Christmas treat a few years back. They do look nice, but I know they aren't actually any 'better' than other brands.
Certain brands are only better when they give their product line to you for free.
I'm still trying. Alpinestars didn't want to, and Sparco didn't reply
Quote from tristancliffe :Not everyone can afford to waste their money on pointlessly stylish racewear when for 20% of the cost you can have something just as safe and just as comfortable.

I did manage to justify Alpinestars gloves though, as a Christmas treat a few years back. They do look nice, but I know they aren't actually any 'better' than other brands.

I've been using an Aplinestars karting suit the past 2 years, it's held up really well. The gloves not so much. I'll probably go Sparco for fireproofing though. I'm convinced the Alpinestars is adding a couple tenths.
Alpinestars gloves and shoes are both shit for me.

Would recommend something else like sparco or OMP.

Sabelt suit last year was shit aswell.

Stand21 suits seem to keep in perfect shape very long.
Quote from MadCat360 :I've been using an Aplinestars karting suit the past 2 years, it's held up really well. The gloves not so much. I'll probably go Sparco for fireproofing though. I'm convinced the Alpinestars is adding a couple tenths.

ALPINESTARS has tyhe best quality.
I have 2 years TECH 1-KM Glove and they not destroyed at all
#15 - 5haz
AWS is where its at.
Alpinestars are pretty shit quality. Their products look awesome, but they don't last :|.. Well some of their lower-end stuff doesn't
given the way certain "stylish" race gear wears you have to ask yourself a question

"do i want to look good in the padock before a fire or do i want to look good anywhere after a fire ?"
#18 - AMB
Quote from tinvek :"do i want to look good in the padock before a fire or do i want to look good anywhere after a fire ?"

^ This, haha
Quote from Seb66 :Alpinestars are pretty shit quality. Their products look awesome, but they don't last :|.. Well some of their lower-end stuff doesn't

My alpinestars gloves are buggered after just 2 days of karting :| Awful quality.
ive tryed alpinestars sparco and mir both shoes and gloves and for me the shoes are just amazing and the gloves is desent atlest those i have (the lest expensive ones) but there the best ive tryed (that i can aford) my friends uber expensive one is totaly amazing in look and comfort http://www.theracersshop.com/a ... %201-ZX%20Glove%20Wht.jpg
I'm in the process of assembling my fire gear and I found a Sparco X-light for a really good price so I got that. Three layers, really light, nice and breathable. Smells like mint.

Going with Sparco Tornado gloves and the Sparco "Race' shoe and then Alpinestars for the nomex undersuit. The Alpinestars nomex is great because it's not itchy like a lot of the other brands. If you want non-itchy stuff from the likes of Sparco you (in the US, anyway) have to pay a lot more than the Alpinestars. Hopefully it holds together.

Racewear - Nomex Long Johns - Is it enough to sort out the tackle?
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG