The online racing simulator
#1 - troy
2010 RSC Round 4: Race Discussion
Yes, I know I'm no admin, but we're racing tonight and I don't see any discussion thread so far. I certainly hope we get some more people on the track, please do not make me rant again.

Will be a tough race for the fz5 tyres, one fast lap should be easy to do but keeping them cool enough during the race will prove to be a very tough job. Can't wait to trade some paint with all of you.

edit: rofl, sorry wilko, how should I know you post your race discussion thread at the exact same time
Sorry for the delay in PM sending. It is being done as we speak. Please be on the server promptly for 18:45 GMT, I would REALLY like to see a decent sized grid after last round's flop.

Thanks

Edit: Yes we timed that well didn't we! I've moved my post into here as you can see.
22 slots open for tonights race to reserves! PM me before 18:55 for the password reserves!
#4 - J@tko
^ Wilko has gone so PM me instead
#5 - P1lot
Regarding people not turning up, I was thinking what can be done... very little I suppose.

Except NDR have one trick;
They organise so many different leagues, they could state that a no-show would affect a racers application to future leagues. Why give the place to someone who signs up early, but has previously not turned up elsewhere without notice?
Quote from P1lot :Regarding people not turning up, I was thinking what can be done... very little I suppose.

Except NDR have one trick;
They organise so many different leagues, they could state that a no-show would affect a racers application to future leagues. Why give the place to someone who signs up early, but has previously not turned up elsewhere without notice?

^ This is absolutely right.

Sorry to Gavin also... I don't know what happened... Had a few tenths of total inatention(don't know why, it was very weird), and i suddently woke up facing the wall
Sorry about missing the racing fellas, my trip to the kart shop and B&Q turned out to take longer than expected. (So much so I'm still just on the way back!) :doh:
#8 - J@tko
I checked the rules after this was mentioned in server and there is a 2-strikes and you're out rule, so when we do the champ standings for this round then we can have a look and boot out as applicable
Quote from J@tko :I checked the rules after this was mentioned in server and there is a 2-strikes and you're out rule, so when we do the champ standings for this round then we can have a look and boot out as applicable

The rule places anyone who doesn't participate to the reserve list.

I've been pondering a way to do a "licensing" sort of system for NDR events, a la how british racing has one, sort of thing with certain number of penalty points and you don't get to race for a while etc. I'll ponder something after Kyoto 250.
Sorry that i wasnt there without sending any pm to wilko etc. Yesterday wenn i came out of school my dad called if i could go with him to pick up a race car on the other side of holland and i jumped in before i realised that the RSC was that evening.

I hope to be there next week again

cu on track.
Lets write up a little race report then

Quali
Quali went ok. I didn't expect a great position because of lack of pactice and the FZ seemed a bit quicker over a lap. 4th was grand sure.

Race 1
Race 1 was a great race. Gavin and I were pretty much battling for all 10 laps. He overtook me on lap 4 or 5, i think, and managed to pull a little gap from me. I tried to push but the rears got a tad hot and i was losing the arse quite a bit coming onto the oval which lost a fair bit of time. Unfortunately, Dave spun and I got up to 4th, still trailing Gavin by a second or 2. Then, on the second last lap, I got a good oval entry and managed to overtake Gavin. P3 was a good result I think.

Race 2
I don't think this could have gone any better for me. I started 7th and knew that I had to get a good start if I was to have any chance of the win. I certainly made the most of my opportunities and quickly got up into 3rd behind Chebbi and Yann. It took me a lap or 2 to get passed them and I then had a pretty strong lead. Jouman and Troy were catching quickly once they broke away from the pack. They got as close as 4 seconds to me, but then they started battling for position among themselves ( ) so I gained 8 seconds, bringing my lead to almost 12 seconds at one stage. So from there on in I just had to keep it on the road safely for the last few laps or so.
Short recap

Quali: Went well. Pb once again, but not exactly in the same speed as Dave & Troy.

Sprint: Pretty much alone the whole race. In the start might have had a change to go for 2nd place. After Dave's spin noticed that I kinda had the pace to go almost as fast as the top guys. 2nd my best position so far in the series.

Feature: Started from the back and managed to come out 2nd after all the passes. Was kinda lucky in the start and stayd ahead Troy and managed to get pass Dave. Then when in 2nd place a really long defensive battle with Troy. I was slightly faster in some corners and he was faster in others. Well I think i had the edge in the corners where the overtaking opportunities were Atleast seemed to come out on top from those. Once Troy had gotten past, Dave had closed in. He managed to try and get past once, but was really comfortable in T1 so managed to stay ahead. He might have had some tire issues, so the gap started widening. Starting to look better pace wise. Just need some extra speed for the quali. 3rd in this race.

Best result so far in the series. Well might be that we had fever racers this time. Hopefully we will see more in the next races.

2010 RSC Round 4: Race Discussion
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG