The online racing simulator
They're like 100 euro more?
Quote from brt900 :ahhh i wonder if i do get new pedals.

You'll get just the wheel replaced.

I am on my 3rd wheel and 2nd set of pedals. Plus, they sent me all new electronics for the pedals. Fanatec support is slow to respond, but they will take care of you.
#28 - zapz
First wheel went belly up; stopped responding and just displayed the 8.8.8. Additionally, it had the off center issue. Didn't bother me while racing, but still another issue worthy of replacement.

Second wheel, which was a step back since they sent me a beta wheel. One of the mounting plates inside the wheel was loose and floating around inside the wheel. Who knows if it caused any damage to the internals. But I was unable to mount it to my cockpit, and since it was a replacement I wasn't going to take any chance with internal damage.

Each time I included either a video or pictures with my RMA request. Each time there were no questions asked and a replacement unit shipped as soon as possible.

My first set of pedals never held calibration. If I wanted to use them I needed to calibrate them each time I wanted to race. Very inconvenient. The new electronics that they sent were to fix the throttle/clutch issue.

Like I said, they may be slow in responding, but they will take care of you once they acknowledge your problem.
#30 - zapz
Nice to hear that they took care of you!

Did any of those wheels have play in the main shaft?
You know I have read about that issue before, but I can't say that any of my wheels had any perceptible play in the shaft. Maybe the first one a little. I never used the second wheel. My current wheel has no play at all.
#32 - zapz
Thanks, that's good to hear. I'm looking forward to a new wheel without the play.
my ffb is realy annoying they still havent replied
#34 - zapz
Well I got an email from Fanatec today saying my replacement wheel has shipped.

So by the time I get the new wheel it'll be about 5 weeks from my initial contact with them.

Good luck with your wheel BRT...
just as i posted that i got an email from them basically saying make a video showing the problem and we will send you a wheel
#36 - zapz
Good to hear!
just sent them the email hopefully get an email back before end of this week
Well, my G25 died. Now I 'have' to order this wheel. Do I just need the wheel and pedals, or also the mounting clamp bla bla?

And a shifter?
i just ordered the fanatec 911 gt3 rs clubsport edition
btw you will have to mount this wheel using bolts as the clamp is TERRIBLE
Quote from Bose321 :Well, my G25 died. Now I 'have' to order this wheel. Do I just need the wheel and pedals, or also the mounting clamp bla bla?

And a shifter?

Just FYI: if you keep your faulty G25 plugged in you can still use the G25 shifter. That's what I did. The way that the Fanatec shifter is mounted to the wheel just looks too flimsy and non-rigid to me..

If you're gonna hard mount the wheel you won't need a mounting clamp. Otherwise you might consider getting the clamp.. better ask someone else about that, since I hard mounted mine right away.
Quote from Gnomie :Just FYI: if you keep your faulty G25 plugged in you can still use the G25 shifter. That's what I did. The way that the Fanatec shifter is mounted to the wheel just looks too flimsy and non-rigid to me..

If you're gonna hard mount the wheel you won't need a mounting clamp. Otherwise you might consider getting the clamp.. better ask someone else about that, since I hard mounted mine right away.

I don't got any room atm to hard mount it, maybe when my brother moves out the house, but I currently put it on my desk. The G25 shifter isn't worth it anymore, it won't go in 5th etc, but I'll use that, untill I come across something else I think...
About to order it, just wheel and pedals, going to use shifter of the pos G25 for a while, see if it works. Clamp ill see later. How about the payment? I don't really get it.

PayPal or check/money order.

What would be the best? Can I like put money on my PayPal?
#43 - zapz
The clamp is pretty iffy. I just cut out a bit of ply, bolted the wheel to the ply then used C clamps to clamp the ply to the desk.

Not the prettiest solution but it's a lot better than using the wheel's clamp.
Don't care how it looks, just has to work.

I really can't figure out the payment... Is PayPal easy and safe?
PayPal is my preferred method of payment for all online transactions. Yes, safe and easy.
Quote from Bose321 :Don't care how it looks, just has to work.

I really can't figure out the payment... Is PayPal easy and safe?

If you don't trust it, you can transfer the money to my Rabobank account and I'll pay using my Paypal account.
wish fanatec would hurry up and send me a email asking for my adress or order number so they can replace my wheel. my iracing subscription is going down the drain
contacted support
I always filled out the web form. That starts the RMA ball rolling. Did you email Armin as I suggested? He has always been super responsive with me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG