The online racing simulator
Gearing Mrt on oval.
(10 posts, started )
Gearing Mrt on oval.
I have troubles finding the rigth gearing on this track. Yes - I have this tool, you can download and adjust the gear ratios. (Gear ratio calculator)

I have tried the WR set on the oval, and its really much much better, than anything I can make myself - Regarding torque at top speed.

Any hints will be welcomed, sets too - But an explanation would be nice :-)
MRT. On oval.

illepall

Oval nutcases never cease to amaze me.
MRT + oval = sleep
Should be easy peasy, don't even need my little program to help you there. Just adjust the final drive ratio so that at the end of the fastest straight you are at peak power rpm (about 7800 IIRC?).

Alternatively, you could adjust it so that fifth gear tops out there, and make 6th a little taller and use it for slipstreaming.
Quote from AndroidXP :MRT. On oval.

illepall

Oval nutcases never cease to amaze me.

I drive the uf1000 on the oval, too. I find it exciting to try to do my best in every car, there !

I sometimes like to try to improve my hotlaps times, in all the cars - Often one must do hard work, just to gain a 1/100 of a second. I LIKE IT !!
Quote from Matrixi :MRT + oval = sleep

I can`t agree with that. racing is NOT about the speed, as many like to tell us. Racing is door to door in af uf1000 on a short track, and the thrill of trying to gain the last fraction of a second, on the oval. So I enjoy driving there, all by myself, and I`m not bored at all !
Quote from Bob Smith :Should be easy peasy, don't even need my little program to help you there. Just adjust the final drive ratio so that at the end of the fastest straight you are at peak power rpm (about 7800 IIRC?).

Alternatively, you could adjust it so that fifth gear tops out there, and make 6th a little taller and use it for slipstreaming.

I have a little problem with the technical english words. I`m not sure that I understand what you are saying.

Should i have max. Rpm`s at the end of the longest straight - Which is about 7.800 rpm.

How do I find the final gear ratio for the Mrt ? I know it is something with the radius of the wheels, or am I wrong here ?

But thanks for the serious reply :-)
Should i have max. Rpm`s at the end of the longest straight - Yes

How do I find the final gear ratio for the Mrt ? I know it is something with the radius of the wheels, or am I wrong here ?

...it's in the setup, under "final drive" (well, when you're using English anyway)
No need to worry about maths, either use trial and error, or use GRC to calculate it for you (assuming you know the top speed you reach on the oval).
Quote from alland44 :...I enjoy driving there, all by myself, and I`m not bored at all !

Oh I'm sure.

I like the MRT a lot on small tight tracks like SO Sprint 2 or something alike. But oval... urgh. I don't like any car over there. Personal preference of course, each to their own.
Quote from Bob Smith :Should i have max. Rpm`s at the end of the longest straight - Yes

...it's in the setup, under "final drive" (well, when you're using English anyway)
No need to worry about maths, either use trial and error, or use GRC to calculate it for you (assuming you know the top speed you reach on the oval).

I like math !

But I`ll go back to test`n`try

Gearing Mrt on oval.
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG