The online racing simulator
The Gills Movie!
(24 posts, started )
The Gills Movie!
The trailer for the Gillingham FC movie, "The Shouting Men", has been released on the internet. It is a tight budget, gritty comedy movie about a group of Gills fans going to watch Gillingham play against Newcastle United in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Here is a link to the trailer which includes more information on what the movie is about.

http://www.purplerogue.com/shouting.html
care
Quote from BlueFlame :care

+1

After watching the trailer, doesnt seem to be a huge movie but if Gills made this thread then its better got to be good.
It's the off topic section of the forum and I wanted to post about it just incase anyone was interested. A lot of people might not care, but I think it looks like a funny movie and I wanted to share with the forum. I really couldn't care less whether you give a shit or not BlueFlame, I really couldn't care less how you feel about anything at all. You are not the centre of the Universe.

Quote from hazaky :After watching the trailer, doesnt seem to be a huge movie but if Gills made this thread then its better got to be good.

You're right, it's not a huge movie. It was created on a very tight budget. It is mainly aimed at football fans, so perhaps I should have posted this in the General Football Discussion Thread.
Is the old man at the end (the one who scores a goal) Dudley Sutton (Bill Farrell on Football Factory)?

For a low budget film it looks like it could be quite funny, and that's from someone who really hates football.
Quote from beefyman666 :Is the old man at the end (the one who scores a goal) Dudley Sutton (Bill Farrell on Football Factory)?

For a low budget film it looks like it could be quite funny, and that's from someone who really hates football.

Yep that is Dudley Sutton.
You got lollypops

My fav football film is
Green Street Elites: Hooligans.... both of them
Quote from BlueFlame :care

Don't be such a troll.

I for one love these kind of films, even though I hate football I'm hooked on hooligan & supporters films like Green Street & Football Factory.
Quote from mcintyrej :Don't be such a troll.

I for one love these kind of films, even though I hate football I'm hooked on hooligan & supporters films like Green Street & Football Factory.

I like football, but I loved Green Street.. Kinda sad though what went on in RL between Millwall and West Ham (sorry for OT)
Quote from mcintyrej :Don't be such a troll.

I think this is a quite a lot different to them films because this is very much about the comedy rather than the violence. I guess you could say it is a kind of parody of those 2 films though.

Personally I think it should be part of the fantasy genre, I mean... Gillingham getting to the quarter finals of the FA Cup?
Quote from Gills4life : Personally I think it should be part of the fantasy genre, I mean... Gillingham getting to the quarter finals of the FA Cup?

Hey you never know. I'm not really into football but didn't a 2nd Division team get to the Scottish Cup Final a couple of years ago ?

Truth is, if "The Gills" did play Newcastle in the quarter finals they'd probably stand a good chance of beating them these days

Looks a decent little film too, good for a laugh.
That looks funny as fook, cheers for the link gills!

Despite being a newcastle fan myself, i don't think that the description of 'premier league giants' is valid any more lol.

Good to see danny dyers grandad from football factory in there, plus the bloke who used to play dan in eastenders as well.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Hey you never know. I'm not really into football but didn't a 2nd Division team get to the Scottish Cup Final a couple of years ago ?

Yeah, Gretna but while they were in the 2nd division, they were a club that had money thrown at them and because of that they were playing with mainly SPL qaulity players.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Yeah, Gretna, but while they were in the 2nd division, they were a club that had money thrown at them and because of that they were playing with mainly SPL quality players.

Maybe so, but it's still quite an impressive achievement.

Perhaps if this film makes any money, Gillingham could splash out on some of the older Premier League players, like Bobby Charlton, Geoff Hurst, or Georgie Best, maybe even that hot little Asian girl from Bend it Like Beckham.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Maybe so, but it's still quite an impressive achievement.

Perhaps if this film makes any money, Gillingham could splash out on some of the older Premier League players, like Bobby Charlton, Geoff Hurst, or Georgie Best, maybe even that hot little Asian girl from Bend it Like Beckham.

Mazz4200
S2 licensed

Clearly

I doubt that Gillingham Football Club would receive much money if any at all for this movie. Maybe an increase in popularity which may create larger attendances perhaps. That's about it.
I wonder if hes got a mullet, sideburns, wears flares and drives a mk3 cortina.

Looking back i reckon that the 70's would have been an excellent time to have been in my 20's, the music, the cars, the style, i love it personally.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Maybe so, but it's still quite an impressive achievement.

Actually it was not that impressive, Gretna went from appearing in the Cup final, to being out of business and completely ruined 2 years later. Shows the sorry state of affairs that the Scottish league is in.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :I thought it had a lot to do with the owner becoming ill (as wasn't he the one who signed the checks).

That was a factor, but there was signs long before Brookes falling ill that under the English FA laws would have lead to some intervention by the FA, but were let go by the SFA and the SPL
Quote from danthebangerboy :I wonder if hes got a mullet, sideburns, wears flares and drives a mk3 cortina.

I did actually

I was born in the late 60's - ish, so i couldnt quite manage the sideburns, but i was guilty of all the rest, and my father did have a mk3 Cortina, 2000E to be exact, in Jewish racing gold (read beige).

Quote from danthebangerboy :Looking back i reckon that the 70's would have been an excellent time to have been in my 20's, the music, the cars, the style, i love it personally.

Maybe i was a too young to fully appreciate the 70's, but i seem to remember it being pretty shit to be honest with you. The music scene was dominated by ABBA and the Bay City Rollers more than anything else (punk was only ever on the fringes of things where i grew up. And my parents certainly didn't approve, so it was banned from the house, although i still found a way to get to listen to it)

Back then foreign cars were pretty much out of reach for the average wage packet, so we had to do with basic run of the mill Fords and the general crap that BL spewed out. The Japanese cars of that time weren't that cheap, and weren't actually that good (despite what Top Gear says). There were some highlights, (my Father also had a Ford Capri and a Triumph Dolomite) But on the whole, the average affordable motor was pretty shoddy stuff.

The style you joking ? It was embarrasing, truly embarrasing.

All things considered, (aside from a few minor niggles), i definitely think these days are a much better time to live in than the 60's, 70's, 80's etc. As someone once said "You've never had it so good" Thing is, we never seem to notice or appreciate it.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Actually it was not that impressive, Gretna went from appearing in the Cup final, to being out of business and completely ruined 2 years later. Shows the sorry state of affairs that the Scottish league is in.

Ahhh, did not know that, don't really know that much about footballing.

Does seem an odd place to try to build a footballing dynasty though. Gretna's a tiny little place, and, well, it's a bit of a dump to tell you the truth.

(A true, but highly irrelevant story)
Few years ago when the wife was, err i mean, when we were planning our wedding. The missus (she's from the south, and a bit posh) had a typical girly romantic dream about driving off to Gretna Green in the middle of the night and tying the knot. But she didn't believe me when i told her Gretna's a shit hole and she wouldn't want to get married in a place like that. So one bank holiday i drove her up there so she could see for herself...she never mentioned it again.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :One of my parents told me about how in the 60’s, the police found a pipe in the place they lived, with a bit of dope inside it and they weren’t convicted because the courts reached the conclusion that it wasn’t enough to get high off!

Wouldn't even get to court these days. I'm not sure of the limits these days, but generally if you get caught with a relatively small amount (maybe 1/8th ?) then you get nothing but a stern look from a copper and be told to go on your way. It's been getting gradually more lenient since the seventies.

Quote from carey :In the 70’s you had the fizzy motorcycle (see attached picture)

I had one of them (mine was black). Bought it a couple of days after my 16th birthday. Had it for a month or so, sold it to a pal and bought a YB100 (although mine was blue). Sold that a few months later and got a DT125 (a red one). Then sold it when i turned 17 and got my first car. Oh happy days .
Then in my mid 30's decided to rekindle my youth and bought a CBR600F (which, with hindsight wasn't the greatest decision i've ever made, but that's a different story..)

Quote from carey :and in the 80’s an excuse to wear makeup.

And that's a good thing ?

Quote from carey :The 90’s where crap because there was nothing but ecstasy and Mancurians singing out of tune

I spent quite a lot of time in Manchester in the 80's, and it was great, the Indie scene was the place to be. But changed completely with (as you said, the ecstasy, the baggies and the floppy hair brigade, came along). The Stone Roses were always great, but the Happy Mondays and all that lot were shite (in my opinion). The Hacienda went down the pan too in the 90's, too many drugs, to many gangs, too many fights.

Quote from carey :but now has to be the worst with reality TV and Mr Cent.

Back in the seventies we only had 3 channels, and the all switched of about 11.30 12 ish. BBC2 didn't even come on till about 4 in the afternoon. There's sooo much more choice these days, so you're guaranteed to find something worth watching. There was no internet, no computer games, not even any computers to speak of. Back then you'd have to resort to going outside and playing with your frineds, ugh !

If you think 50p is bad, we had to make do with Demis Roussos, Joe Dolce and The Wurzels . If you ever wondered why your parents are odd, there's the answer, these people were are role models

Anyway, don't wanna hijack the thread, so yeah, Gillingham, the greatest footballingists team in the whole of Kent, yeah, erm, probably ?
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Sorry about the rather large bump, but this film is due to be released on the 5th of March 2010. Just thought I'd post an update.

An interview with writer and p ... of lower league football

I have also set up a facebook page which I gave Warren permission to use to help promote the movie. Simply search for "The Shouting Men". It is the top fan page with the most fans. It contains more photos and video interviews from co-writer Matt-Daniel Baker, including what it was like beating up Warren on set while he was dressed as a Magpie.

For the official movie website with a photo gallery, new trailer, cast etc... click HERE
That's a very good trailer. And it seems to be a great movie for its budget.

I'd love to here more about the movie and production costs. As a cinema student, and football fan extraordinaire, that's just my cup of tea.
I've only ever watched Football Factory, That was pretty good.

Wouldn't mind seeing this.
It would be nice to see it become a very popular film since it's on such a low budget. It's had very good reviews from previews of it. I hope it's a hit!

The Gills Movie!
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG