The online racing simulator
Problem when plug mp4 or camera in Usb
I have a strange problem , and normaly i solve al the problems by myself
but meh, windows is crap anyway, ok here the problem

When i plug my Mp4, or camera or memory tub, there is no "pop up" of new software ( yes that thing they pop up when you plug something to the usb and pop up de msn at side of the clock in the task bar ) or there is not "Removable disc" in my pc,

Also in the Disc manadgment there is no USB disc that can access to Assign a letter

The the basic is , when i put my mp4 or anything via usb to access to the removable disc , there is no Removable disc in my pc or in the disc manadgment

I dont think there is a drivers problem, cuz last week there was working perfect, there is no change in my syste in updates or programs downloads, or drivers or other problems likes virus or trojans or malwares or spywares, my system run just perfect

The only thing that is not work is what i say. anyone have a solution or a recomendation?, there is a big change that reeinstaling win cant fix the problems

My rig
P4 3.6ghz
2gb ram
HD4650 Ati Agp X8
HDD 150gb
Windows Xp Sp2

Forgot to mention, there is no problem in the Device Manager , there is no " ! " Or something in red, everthing seen`s fine and running
Quote from Inouva :windows is crap anyway

Anyways, have u tryed to use any other PC yet? I dont even get any removable disc stuff when sticking in my stuff. Try different USB's, mostly the ones in the back (front ones always have problems).
Do you have multiple USB slots? Try them all if you do.

The contacts inside might be bent or broken.

I had a similar problem with an old USB stick of mine, One day I plugged it in, and nothing happened. Tried it with several PC's and even my PS3, nothing.

I think it might just be the contacts inside the slot that are bent or broken. If that's the case you might just have to use a different slot.

I'm not much of a computer person, but that's what has happened to me with USB slots.

edit: windows IS crap "Do you want to delete this? You'd better get administrator permission! What do you mean you ARE an administrator? LIES!"
Quote from hazaky :

Anyways, have u tryed to use any other PC yet? I dont even get any removable disc stuff when sticking in my stuff. Try different USB's, mostly the ones in the back (front ones always have problems).

Yes i tryed in others pc`s and work fine ( The system detect the new "hardware they install the stuff" And then apears the removable disc in "My pc"

Quote from brandons48 :Do you have multiple USB slots? Try them all if you do.

The contacts inside might be bent or broken.

I had a similar problem with an old USB stick of mine, One day I plugged it in, and nothing happened. Tried it with several PC's and even my PS3, nothing.

I think it might just be the contacts inside the slot that are bent or broken. If that's the case you might just have to use a different slot.

I'm not much of a computer person, but that's what has happened to me with USB slots.

edit: windows IS crap "Do you want to delete this? You'd better get administrator permission! What do you mean you ARE an administrator? LIES!"

I have 4 back usb slot , all works fine, power to the mp4 or camera flow good, they receive power via usb , also the usb charge the battety of my mp4

The only i cant get is the "removable disc" in my pc or in the disc management

Also there is no "Pop up msg" saying new hardware found or "your new hardwre is ready to use"

Keep trowing me ideas

Thx guys
#5 - dadge
does your pc pick up any other usb devices when you connect them?
Quote from dadge :does your pc pick up any other usb devices when you connect them?

U stole my question. Anyways, if other USB devices dont work and u have a test-instrument somewhere near (or voltmeter for some people) then try see if there is coming any volts out. Switch PC off for that time. There is always voltage in it.

Once i tryed to measure volts while PC was on and i almost fried my mobo so be careful. I mean, switch it off before.
two questions. are you using a USB hub, or are you plugging them in directly into the pc?

are you using a user with admin privs? if not, then you won't get the install new hardware stuff because that's how group policy is designed.
Quote from dadge :does your pc pick up any other usb devices when you connect them?

Yes , other stuff like my Joypad Type ps2 usb and my Saitek AV8R , works perfect

Quote from hazaky :U stole my question. Anyways, if other USB devices dont work and u have a test-instrument somewhere near (or voltmeter for some people) then try see if there is coming any volts out. Switch PC off for that time. There is always voltage in it.

Once i tryed to measure volts while PC was on and i almost fried my mobo so be careful. I mean, switch it off before.

The voltage is correct, other stuff like i say above , works perfect

Quote from bunder9999 :two questions. are you using a USB hub, or are you plugging them in directly into the pc?

are you using a user with admin privs? if not, then you won't get the install new hardware stuff because that's how group policy is designed.

No, there is no usb hub, i plug it directly to the usb port

And yes, there is only 1 account in my windows, that is full administrator
Quote from Inouva :Yes , other stuff like my Joypad Type ps2 usb and my Saitek AV8R , works perfect

I think Dadge meant do other things work if you plug them into the USB port that is giving you problems.... (I'm assuming here you have issues with certain USB ports)

Once I had issues with some USB ports 2-3 years ago and nothing seemed apparently wrong. It was fine then just stopped working. Anyway I was getting to the point of re-install Windows so out of desperation I tried uninstalling the USB hubs in device Manager. Then, I plugged a USB memory stick back in and windows did it's thing and then they worked, must have reloaded the drivers itself I think. (Don't try this unless you are prepared to maybe re-install Windows, Uninstalling those USB hubs and/or controllers may not be reversible)
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Quote from JasonJ :I think Dadge meant do other things work if you plug them into the USB port that is giving you problems.... (I'm assuming here you have issues with certain USB ports)

Once I had issues with some USB ports 2-3 years ago and nothing seemed apparently wrong. It was fine then just stopped working. Anyway I was getting to the point of re-install Windows so out of desperation I tried uninstalling the USB hubs in device Manager. Then, I plugged a USB memory stick back in and windows did it's thing and then they worked, must have reloaded the drivers itself I think. (Don't try this unless you are prepared to maybe re-install Windows, Uninstalling those USB hubs and/or controllers may not be reversible)

Already try it, and still same
Up
Fixed, was the mini usb plug, new cable , problem solved
ah jeeze.

Buy new computer? - no wait - $2 cable.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG