The online racing simulator
#1 - daol
change the boost of the turbo on XR GT turbo car?
change the boost of the turbo on XR GT turbo car!
I've always wondered why people would want to do this? Why wouldnt you have it running at maximum all the time?
#3 - daol
Well not max all the time but it can get a more pressure on it when i steps on the gas go get more out of it.
#4 - Vain
Do you want to choose maximum boost as a setup option (which everyone would leave at the max anyway) or do you just want the XRT to have more horsepowers?

Vain
It needs something in order to keep up with the FXO. I tried the TBO cars for the first time yesterday, and from my one day of play it seems to me that the XRT and the RB4 are very much outclassed.
Quote :I've always wondered why people would want to do this? Why wouldnt you have it running at maximum all the time?

I think what hes trying to say is he would like to change the aspect of the turbo that affects spool time.

Fuel Comsumption might go down.by what degree am not sure. i remember i used LFS tweak to see what the Difference is but i don't remember the results.

In the real world when turbos spool the boost increases exponentially. LFS dosent current model turbos right i think. If he increased it it could basically turn his throttle into a on off switch.

Its also a little tricky to to drive them. IE u lift off the throttle and all your boost goes bye bye. so unlike a NA where the engine response to slight touches of the pedal
What about just making it less laggy

Currently : Put throttle down ==> turbo noticable next week.
#8 - daol
Exactly that was what i mean, it would be fun to test some boost pressure and see if i can get any better times. when the turbo spools even on lower pressure so i don't need to build up the turbo pressure again!
#9 - Vain
I like the laggy turbos in the TBO class. That adds a lot of technique to it. You need to get the pressure up before the apex using either heeltoeing or left-foot-braking. This behaviour adds a lot to the character of these cars.
But the XRR and FXR should definitely have something incorporated to get their boost up quicker. Backfireing, biturbos or something the like. But that's a different discussion.
Actually I like the XRT the way it is. The only thing I would like to change is to remove all diffs except the open diff (for both XRT and FXO, RB4 stays on LSD and viscous). That would propably also solve the FXO-superiority (try to get over 200 hp down via an open diff in an FWD car. Bwahahaha!)

Vain
#10 - daol
You mean like misfirering system?

well left-foot-braking is kind a hard to master :P
in the beginning
Spool speed isnt determined by how much boost though.
Thats determined by how the turbo is engineered and camshaft timming
don't u just love when u hit post and it deletes what u wrote

i did a quick test in terms of fuel consuption.

the XRT with my current setup did 2.4%lap.
The Xrt at 19PSI did 2.7% a lap

Wider scope
Normal XRT 5 laps = 12%
XRT@19PSI 5 laps = 13.5%
Normal XRT 60 laps = 144%
XRT@19PSI 60 laps = 162%
Quote from daol :change the boost of the turbo on XR GT turbo car!

i agree this would be a awesome idea but then u have to take into account of the car's spec's IE

with lets say 650cc injectors running on a TO3 garret HF'ed u will get 15/17 PSI befor the turbo OR injectors are maxed now if u can edit the boost where will the limit be? most stop turbo cars cant run more then 12/15 PSI on stock turbo's cause the turbo and fuel system wont cope with the extra load

and as for turning up boost = faster spool time ill give u a example

say u run ur car on 7 PSI and it hits that at around 6,000 RPM if u up the bost to 15 PSI its gonna hit 7 PSI way befor 6,000 RPM and 15 PSI at about 6,500 RPM so in a sence it spools up quicker but to get to its max power it will take longer but will have way more power in the end
Quote from MAD3.0LT :and as for turning up boost = faster spool time ill give u a example

say u run ur car on 7 PSI and it hits that at around 6,000 RPM if u up the bost to 15 PSI its gonna hit 7 PSI way befor 6,000 RPM and 15 PSI at about 6,500 RPM so in a sence it spools up quicker but to get to its max power it will take longer but will have way more power in the end

No. It would still only hit 7 PSI at 6000 rpm, the boost would just continue to climb after that, so it would hit 15 PSI eventually (assuming you're running a proper wastegate).
lol i dont know what car ur talking about but im running a T03 garret on a RB30ET and it has a stock wastegate and when i uped the boost it came on stronger and earlyer then when it was set to 7 now its set at 13 PSI

U can allso set boost to build differnlty with a good boost controler not a bleed valve like i use
Quote from MAD3.0LT :i agree this would be a awesome idea but then u have to take into account of the car's spec's IE

with lets say 650cc injectors running on a TO3 garret HF'ed u will get 15/17 PSI befor the turbo OR injectors are maxed now if u can edit the boost where will the limit be? most stop turbo cars cant run more then 12/15 PSI on stock turbo's cause the turbo and fuel system wont cope with the extra load

and as for turning up boost = faster spool time ill give u a example

what is the logic of the turbo all of sudden reaching 7 psi quicker. when u up the boost the only thing u are changine is when the wastegate opens
Exactly. If a higher boost setting results in quicker spool-up, then your wastegate opens too early.
Quote from MAD3.0LT :lol i dont know what car ur talking about but im running a T03 garret on a RB30ET and it has a stock wastegate and when i uped the boost it came on stronger and earlyer then when it was set to 7 now its set at 13 PSI

U can allso set boost to build differnlty with a good boost controler not a bleed valve like i use

there could be reasons for this.
wastegate tends to open a little before boost max boost is reached. if in your previous setup u were relying on the wastegate spring for boost settings and then switched to a manual boost controller, spool time would decrease becase MBC eliminate pre open.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG