The online racing simulator
#1 - smove
Goodwood Festival of Speed 2010 - questions
Hello there,

my girlfriend - who's slowly getting as motor obsessed as me - and myself plan to visit the Festival of Speed this year! I'm soooooo looking forward to this, and it seems to be a thing any motor enthusiast should experience at least once in his life.
Coming from the continent, we'll combine this event with a nice 6-day-stay in London before, so I have some questions concerning the journey from London to Goodwood to all the people living in South England and everybody who's done something like that in the past:

Which way of travelling do you recommend getting us from London to Goodwood? I must say it's more important for us to save money than to be there in a short time, so maybe by bus would be the answer. What's a good point to start the trip and where should it end ideally?

Furthermore, can anyone give tips on where to stay during the nights? Is it hard to find B&B in this area and in this period of time, during the festival?

It would be great if anyone who has done a similar trip (and I'm sure there are some fellows here who did :razz could post his experiences, tips, do's and dont's etc.

I'm looking forward to your answers! Thanks in advance and cheers
For the travel part - Train. Bus will take forever and as far as I know, it aint that much cheaper.
I don't know about the trip so much, because we always drive from Southampton. But I can give you a tip for the event, bring an umbrella and some sun block, because it's either boiling hot or raining, or both.
#4 - 5haz
Bring a boat more like. :rolleyes:
I'd recommend the Revival instead of the FoS, personally. When I go, I'm totally going in a pinstripe suit, too. Yeah period attire!
It may cost you quite a bit to stay in the goodwood area at a B&B, Very Posh place.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG